MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
RobK

Batik Malaysia 737 MAX 8

I highly suspect that "chaos at Group-level fleet planning" isn't the cause...

I'm very confident that there must've been some regulatory debacle with the launch of the "new" type... and perhaps as a part of its AOC review with DCA Malaysia, the MAX must've been put through the paces in paperwork in Malaysia rather than Thailand (Currently under ICAO scrutiny) or Indonesia (Lion Group has been under pressure recently from the local authorities)... and since the company couldn't delay delivery dates because of the so-called prestigious "launch customer" title... you've seen the aircraft come to Malaysia first, before Indonesia.. and it'll be a while yet perhaps before they end up in Thailand... Combined with global supply issues in cabin products (seats/IFE etc), you've now got a fleet planners nightmare which has unravelled most noticeably on the KUL-SIN vv sectors.

Edited by Sandeep G

B737MAX specs and performance related data have been quietly removed from the August edition of 'MalindoMag'.

Chandran needs a new bio image now without the MAX model sitting on his desk...

Edited by Tom/PER

LNL parked at remote parking nearby KLIA Cargo Village.

Any ideas what happen to LNL the 6th B739ER for Malindo? it seems like that aircraft has not been flying for quite sometimes and i remember i got back from Shanghai 2 months ago and while taking the Aerotrain to the MTB, i saw LNL parked at the B2 remote stand with the engines covered over and i was wondering why that plane just parked there with the engines covered over and not been flying over the past months and that FR24 has no specific data of that plane(9M-LNL).

She hasn't flown since April...awaiting 'parts' which I'm reliably informed is a flap assembly, but I suspect other parts have since been removed since.

Last time I saw -LNL, she had all fuselage panels missing and plastic covering them.

Not sure why it takes so long to get her back airworthy, you'd think you'd have one of your most capable aircraft flying not grounded.

There was talk about her in another thread on her the past few days.

-LRC is actively doing China charters now...just yesterday it did as OD8107.

Dedicated charter I think.

Is it still Malindo or transform to Batik already? Because if they decide to chg name to Batik, they have to apply new AOC.

OD A330 has been cancelled for now.

Like seriously..? Are they really having problems now?

Edited by Nabiel Haniff

I thought it was supposed to go Batik Air Indonesia (ID)

The aircraft has been painted in Batik colours - so make your own guesses! Lion Group fleet planning is a big mess....

One hand: Cancel the laundry. Proxy war. Conflict of interest.

Other hand: Constant delays. Crewing issues. Surplus fleet. Product/brand identity crisis. Impending ICAO audit.

Scrutiny is tough when both hands are exposed.

Hope this turns out well - lots of jobs on the line. Not to mention, reputation.

Guessing that means Melbourne, Tokyo and Jeddah flights are off the table now then.

Would imagine KUL-MEL would be pushing the range limits of a B739ER. Interesting tho as QF doing SYD-DPS with a B738.

In anticipation of the A330, OD had advertised for experienced male cabin crew and hired 17 of them. Yesterday while they were attending training, HR came in and terminated their services.

Rusdi makes too much money from Lion Indo that he doesn't care what happens to OD. He's probably just using it to disrupt MH and the AirAsia group.

And Thai Lion Air?

In anticipation of the A330, OD had advertised for experienced male cabin crew and hired 17 of them. Yesterday while they were attending training, HR came in and terminated their services.

Impact must be cruel to human beings....