MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
RobK

Batik Malaysia 737 MAX 8

Wow! :lol: What the heck is going on ?! That's the 3rd change in the space of just over a week! Seeing as it's now got Lion titles I'm expecting the tail to be stripped of the Batik pattern and get the normal Lion Air treatment, although that doesn't explain why they bothered with the Batik Indonesia titles and changed from the Malaysian to the Indonesian flag prior to fly-away.

Jahur, please keep us updated sir.

The first 4 737 max are lion air configured so i guess, theyre really meant for lion. I had no idea why they decided it was a good idea to give them to malindo seeing all the complaints by business class passengers being strip to y. Looking at this photo i think theyre aware of the complaints by passengers.

The first 4 737 max are lion air configured so i guess, theyre really meant for lion. I had no idea why they decided it was a good idea to give them to malindo seeing all the complaints by business class passengers being strip to y. Looking at this photo i think theyre aware of the complaints by passengers.

Actually they were destined for Thai Lion Air. But pay request by their pilots to fly max meant they scrapped the plan. So in the end Malindo took it. Silliest move they made as you say.

It would be wise for Malindo/ Batik Air Malaysia to return the current MAX fleet to Lion Air in order to avoid more PR meltdown. Lion Air Group is so massive that I lost track of their livery, fleet, subsidiaries and affiliates.

Edited by JuliusWong

Wouldn't it be easier if Malindo Air just fitted the Biz seats at the front?

Product inconsistency is always a big headache for airline ops. That is why LCCs prefer single aircraft type and configuration.

Wouldn't it be easier if Malindo Air just fitted the Biz seats at the front?

Product inconsistency is always a big headache for airline ops. That is why LCCs prefer single aircraft type and configuration.

The Y seats already does not match OD and batik seat color scheme. It would nid a complete cabin overhaul and readjusting the seat pitch on Economy which is already reduced.

Edited by jahur

The Y seats already does not match OD and batik seat color scheme. It would nid a complete cabin overhaul and readjusting the seat pitch on Economy which is already reduced.

Better send back to Lion Air. Batik Air supposed to be the premium banrd of Lion Air Group. The cabin is nothing premium....

Better send back to Lion Air. Batik Air supposed to be the premium banrd of Lion Air Group. The cabin is nothing premium....

Not sure if there will be more MAX for OD, it simply complicated their already " a bit hair weird" operation further; J passengers being bumped down to Y not withstanding LCC configuration in Y...really hope Lion Air Group sent them back to Indonesian main stream (Lion itself) or sent to Thailand for Thai Lion...Batik Malaysia and Batik Indonesia simply doesn't fit the cabin configuration at all.

The 4th aircraft has been delivered to Lion Indonesia.

I don't think MAB's branding is as messy as Lion Group now :clapping:

I think they're both messy, MAB's wau is inconsistent to say the least, the corporate logo wau and the tail logo wau aren't similar, the newest 738 logo looks cropped out and unfinished, and on some ground vehicles the wau appears to fly backward, whose idea is this?

Heard that the Max'es are returning to Jakarta, apparently the lack of business class created lots of complain. Max with business class will arrive next year.

And the OD Max must be fitted with business class seats too

Hardly surprising news.

The writing was on the wall when the 4th MAX went to Lion Air, with hastily changed last minute titles. OD's 3 MAX -LRF is still yet to enter service since delivery.

What is even more surprising is that OD continue to deploy a MAX on the OD801/802 rotation even after all the complaints.

Be interesting to see if any PK aircraft transfer across to OD to fill the gap although from my recent observations OD seem to have surplus aircraft for their current network and can seemingly afford to have aircraft parked up for months at a time.

Edited by Tom/PER

Really chaotic fleet planning - the first Max deliveries were originally headed for Lion and Thai Lion. I wonder why they were diverted the Malindo at the last minute?

It has been the Lion Group's business model to have Batik/Malindo brand as the full service brand while Lion will be their LCC branding.

So what happened along the way? Is it a case of ordering the Max for the prestige and not knowing what to do with the planes?

Heard that the Max'es are returning to Jakarta, apparently the lack of business class created lots of complain. Max with business class will arrive next year.

Most likely true. Which is not a bad thing.

Any update on the status of 9M-LRF since its arrival into KUL from Tokyo on the evening of June 29 please? I've heard rumours it's being prepped for Lion Air and won't enter service with Malindo but I don't know how credible it is. Radzi, any info from your corner sir?

Any update on the status of 9M-LRF since its arrival into KUL from Tokyo on the evening of June 29 please? I've heard rumours it's being prepped for Lion Air and won't enter service with Malindo but I don't know how credible it is. Radzi, any info from your corner sir?

The rumor you heard is most likely true; only that it is not official yet. LRF together with LRD never went into service with MXD and now parked at remote bays across the A-gates of MTB.

-LRD operated a few OD161/162 rotations to DAC towards the end of June/start of July.

Malindo is still clearly 'overstaffed' with aircraft for their current network.

Edited by Tom/PER

@RobK...LRD is parked opposite gate B6 at KLIA with her engines covered over and LRF alongside with her engines uncovered. Such a waste!

900ER -LNL which had several fuselage and flap assembly pieces missing is no longer parked opposite B2, not sure where she's been moved too, but she's definitely not active.

Cheers @Mr.Bandit is LNL still parked in a non flight worthy condition?

Still can't believe it take 4 months for parts to arrive...

Cheers @Mr.Bandit is LNL still parked in a non flight worthy condition?

Still can't believe it take 4 months for parts to arrive...

Perhaps it's a case of palliative care with secondary early onset cannibalism ? :D

@RobK...LRD is parked opposite gate B6 at KLIA with her engines covered over and LRF alongside with her engines uncovered. Such a waste!

900ER -LNL which had several fuselage and flap assembly pieces missing is no longer parked opposite B2, not sure where she's been moved too, but she's definitely not active.

Thanks Tomper. I see 9M-LRF ferried over to Subang this morning. Storage or prep for JT?