MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
RobK

Batik Malaysia 737 MAX 8

im interested to know the travelers experience on those long haul narrow body plane...

I survived PER-KUL on OD (738) last year. My experience, not bad. I feel like trying KUL DPS BNE with them. But from what I've heard, load on this route isn't that healthy. 7 POB?

I survived PER-KUL on OD (738) last year. My experience, not bad. I feel like trying KUL DPS BNE with them. But from what I've heard, load on this route isn't that healthy. 7 POB?

7 POB = 2 pilots, 5 FA and 0 pax? Not good.

Yes when starting is very unhealthy for KUL PER as well, but now is catching up...

Speaking of engine cowlings.. a look at the #1 engine cowling on OD's -LNY...it's a real hybrid.

Edited by Tom/PER

What's wrong with painting at engine cowlings? not complete one.

All the Max frames are having their cowlings removed and repainted as there is an issue with the paint quality.

Moving on, Malindo's 2nd Max is now painted and flew today wearing 9M-LRD. Tyke has a pic on his blog site (due credit) : https://tykesaeroblog.blogspot.com/2017/05/batik-air-malaysia-9m-lrd-first-pic.html

And Malindo #3 flew today, but still unpainted : https://tykesaeroblog.blogspot.com/2017/05/batik-air-malaysia-737-8-9m-lre-pic.html

Note that this one is going to Malindo and not Lion Air nor Thai Lion Air as reported on other websites.

Lion Air's first -8 Max was snapped today too, being moved from the west stalls at Renton into the back compound : https://tykesaeroblog.blogspot.com/2017/05/lion-air-737-8-max-pk-first-pic.html

Edited by RobK

And Malindo #3 flew today, but still unpainted : https://tykesaeroblog.blogspot.com/2017/05/batik-air-malaysia-737-8-9m-lre-pic.html

Note that this one is going to Malindo and not Lion Air nor Thai Lion Air as reported on other websites.

I wonder why the winglet logo is of Lion instead of Batik.

Probably because it was originally due to go to Lion Air and the winglets had already been painted. Lion Group are known for swapping them around at the late stages of production. The yellow rudder is the base colour for Batik Malaysia before the pattern 'wrap' is applied over the top. It's also flying with a Malaysian hex code as well, fyi.

Captain, are you getting trained up for the MAX!?

Captain, are you getting trained up for the MAX!?

Haven't started my NG reactivation yet. But I heard some people are about to start on the MAX differences,

List of MAX 8 for OD

42985 LRC

42986 LRD

42994 LRF

42988 LRG

LRC and LRD will be delivered in May, LRF and LRG in June.

Haven't started my NG reactivation yet. But I heard some people are about to start on the MAX differences,

So long as you have joined the company, I am sure it's just a matter of time :)

The inflight magazine lists the MAX has a capacity of 180 single class.

Are they phasing out business class?

The inflight magazine lists the MAX has a capacity of 180 single class.

Are they phasing out business class?

As these frames were originally destined for Lion Thai, they will feature a single class configuration for now. No news yet if a retrofit is planned in future.

As these frames were originally destined for Lion Thai, they will feature a single class configuration for now. No news yet if a retrofit is planned in future.

Oh dear , I can image the unhappy people who find themselves downgraded

I hope it will not be another fiasco of the early days of B738 with MH.

List of MAX 8 for OD

42985 LRC

42986 LRD

42994 LRF

42988 LRG

LRC and LRD will be delivered in May, LRF and LRG in June.

Thanks for the info Radzi. 9M-LRE missing?

Do you still fly for MH or have you moved over to the dark side?

Edited by RobK

Do you still fly for MH or have you moved over to the dark side?

I've moved over from the dark side, but not really into the new company yet. Still under training.