MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
RobK

Batik Malaysia 737 MAX 8

When will MH get theirs?

Not to belittle the livery, but would it be nice if they use Malaysian style batik canting for the tail?

rotate31.png

I read somewhere that they will bring the kite forward, to make it in the middle of the tail. I wish they add more colour to the fuselage, bigger swoosh perhaps...

I read somewhere that they will bring the kite forward, to make it in the middle of the tail. I wish they add more colour to the fuselage, bigger swoosh perhaps...

I only wish they replace the swoosh with something more meaningful. It doesn't represent any cultural, historical or modern identity of Malaysia. Even a billboard, bold "malaysiaairlines" across front fuselage will suffice.

So officially it will be Batik Air Malaysia and not Malindo Air right?

Malindo will change the name to Batik Malaysia. When, nobody knows yet. It was supposed to be at the beginning of this year, now delayed. Maybe they are now hoping to do the change at the end of the year.

Despite more and more planes coming on board, yet after a barely 9.5 months; they still decided to chop off the reintroduced KUL-MYY-KUL services. -_-

Despite more and more planes coming on board, yet after a barely 9.5 months; they still decided to chop off the reintroduced KUL-MYY-KUL services. -_-

Economics!?

And reducing frequency on the KCH and BKI sectors...

Wow, really cutting back East Malaysia operations again! Where does those planes go? sigh...More International flights perhaps

Loads are uneven most of time i took od from kul-bki it is hardly ever full and no proper meals after they dump the meal onboard purchase.

Wonder where would they direct those aircrafts to? New routes like KUL to Vietnam?

Malindo will change the name to Batik Malaysia. When, nobody knows yet. It was supposed to be at the beginning of this year, now delayed. Maybe they are now hoping to do the change at the end of the year.

Would prefer they maintain the name Malindo. The name Malindo sounds like big name already if compare to Batik Air.

Batik motif on the tail is okay, but the typeface need to go...uninspiring and look old compared to the B788!

Except that they are not going ahead with the 788 purchase anymore... :(

Edited by S V Choong

IMO, The original tail looks pretty nice with the current "Batik" billboard wording. Not sure why they changed the tail, now it makes the whole livery looks weird.

The supposedly B787-8 Dreamliner

batik-air-787-2-630.jpg

batik-air-787-630.jpg

batik-air-787-3-630.jpg

Well its A330-300s coming at the end of the year will probably the last ones on Malaysian soil. And D7 will have one of the first A330-900s on Malaysian soil... :clapping:

Not bad - Malindo operates the first B737Max in the world and Airasia operates the first A320Neo in ASEAN.... :good:

Edited by flee

That's indeed awesome and something to look forward to Mr Flee. How many A330-300s Malindo/Batik ordered?
Hope they will consider Sydney sector.

That's indeed awesome and something to look forward to Mr Flee. How many A330-300s Malindo/Batik ordered?

Hope they will consider Sydney sector.

Batik Air Malaysia/Malindo Air have three A330-300s with RR Trent 700 engines on order, MSNs 1820, 1828 and 1832.

I don't think Malindo can mount SYD flights because bilateral rights are not available - current rights are already fully allocated.

Edited by flee

Batik Air Malaysia/Malindo Air have three A330-300s with RR Trent 700 engines on order, MSNs 1820, 1828 and 1832.

I don't think Malindo can mount SYD flights because bilateral rights are not available - current rights are already fully allocated.

What about KUL-MEL flights? EK408/409 no longer doing KUL-MEL right?

What about KUL-MEL flights? EK408/409 no longer doing KUL-MEL right?

Malaysian airlines flying from Malaysia to SYD, MEL, BNE, PER are covered by the agreement. Other points in Australia and beyond are unrestricted.

So there should be no problems if Malindo starts flights to ADL, OOL or other points in Australia.