MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
BC Tam

MAHB to Introduce Free Transfer Service from KLIA to klia2

No detail given on how this airside bus transfer will be executed - it will be quite a long ride between terminals.

A train will be expensive but the best option. Look at how efficient it is when implemented at Changi and HKIA.

Edited by flee

No detail given on how this airside bus transfer will be executed - it will be quite a long ride between terminals.

A train will be expensive but the best option. Look at how efficient it is when implemented at Changi and HKIA.

The difference is, SIN and HKG were much better planned, with inter-terminal connections well thought out from the beginning.

I don't see how they're going to build a new airside train line from the MTB to T2 without some serious (and expensive) modifications.

Train would be the dream. Well, the dream is that the terminals are all close by, but there are many big airports which still relies on busses to transfer between terminals.

I remember using the bus in LHR (MAS to BA) as well as NRT (JAL to Jet Star) to get between terminals.

1.5m transfer pax per annum will need lots of buses....

But they do need to do something to justify the increase in airport taxes.

An underground train connection can work with minimal interruptions to airside operations, just like at Dulles Intl.

1.5m transfer pax per annum will need lots of buses....

But they do need to do something to justify the increase in airport taxes.

MAHB is likely to choose the most expensive option.

I don't know why people are day dreaming with tunnels and trains - when it is clear as day that MAHB is only planning an airside transfer using a bus service.

It will be a long ride but just like from T5 to T4 at LHR. Or a bus transfer from the new T4 to the other three terminals at SIN.

I wouldn't want to travel underground in KLIA, there might be a sinkhole which may take us direct to Australia

That would very likely spell end of KUL-Australia air services :D

I wouldn't want to travel underground in KLIA, there might be a sinkhole which may take us direct to Australia

Sinkholes can and do swallow up buses too... so no diff!

Qantas and Virgin Australia have FREE connecting shuttles between the airside of domestic terminal to international terminal. The buses travel at the airside and quite pleasant sight if you are into planes as it pass through Qantas maintenance hangar as well. I would imagine KUL's offering will have to pass through some existing under tunnels as they already do and perimeter roads along the airport vicinity.

Qantas and Virgin Australia have FREE connecting shuttles between the airside of domestic terminal to international terminal. The buses travel at the airside and quite pleasant sight if you are into planes as it pass through Qantas maintenance hangar as well. I would imagine KUL's offering will have to pass through some existing under tunnels as they already do and perimeter roads along the airport vicinity.

VA and QF need to offer free shuttles in SYD because their domestic flights are in entirely different terminals, away from the international terminal.

That's not the case with MH and AK in KUL.

All this really make sense.

1. Increase charges to passengers.

2. Appoint a contractor to operate a bus service between the terminals.

3. Contractor make tons of money operating the service.

Mashuk.....

Sign in to follow this