MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
flee

2017 Aircraft Deliveries to MAB Group, AirAsia Group & Malindo/Batik Malaysia

How many AK A320neos to be assembled in Tianjin? besides than the neos assembled in Toulouse?

Currently 2 A320neos are assembled at TLS ; 9M-AGI and 9M-AGJ. I highly assume that later delivery of neos after this will be from Tianjin.

How many AK A320neos to be assembled in Tianjin? besides than the neos assembled in Toulouse?

I have no idea as this is the job of Airbus production planning! The Neo's delivered so far:

From TLS - AGA, AGD, AGE, AGF, AGG

From XFW - NEO, AGB, AGH

From TSN - AGK

I think most of the Airasia aircraft will be made in TLS, with aircraft from other plants supplementing the deliveries if TLS ran out of delivery slots for particular delivery dates.

From the top of my head, MSN6642 with test reggo D-AVVB. There is another one, but I have to check the production spreadsheet later...

UPDATE: Malaysia AirAsia X To Get New Planes From 2018 As It Expands In N. Asia, India

KUALA LUMPUR (Nov 06) -- AirAsia X said Monday it will take delivery of two new aircraft next year, which could be deployed in North Asia and China, and its new route to India is likely to help boost passenger load factor as the long-haul unit of Malaysian budget carrier AirAsia seeks to expand network in Asia.
AirAsia X is expected to receive up to four new aircraft a year beginning 2019 as it ramps up capacity after receiving two new planes by end of 2018, Chief Executive Benyamin Ismail said at a news conference.
"Next year, we will introduce two new India routes in the second half, as well as new routes to Japan and China," he said.
Full report:

AirAsia X to lease in A330 capacity in 2018

I wonder how many seats these leased A330-300 Ceos will have? As they are meant for shorter flights, I can foresee reduced seat pitch and reduced cushion thickness...

Thai Airasia X will get 4 aircraft

Malaysia Airasia X will get 3 aircraft

Indonesia Airasia X will get 2 aircraft

Here's an interesting one I've picked up on Skyliner.

It looks like FD/Thai Air Asia is shedding some capacity...

A320-216SL c/n 5918 ferried CRK-HRB 30/11/17 as B-8980 on delivery to LongJiang Airlines ex OE-IGI/HS-BBK. Surprised this didn't get transferred within the group.

I also know Lion Air has shed a couple of B739ER's recently to either a Korean or Japanese outfit.

Airasia have in the past done some profit taking on their frames if the right price is offered for their aircraft.

I think FD should have no problems with capacity as they have just taken delivery of two new aircraft in November (one CEO and one NEO).

Edited by flee

Air Asia X last friday also announced that they are cutting back capacity to Australia by up to 25% - 30% from 2018. This will free up some of the A333s for its expansion into China and India in the interim before the new planes arrives.

I'm not sure if i'm posting this in the right thread (kindly delete if it's wrongly posted); what are the registrations of the B737s in Malindo fleet which does not have IFE screen? I remember OD do have couple of their B737s without the IFE screens onboard.

Thanks!

I'm not sure if i'm posting this in the right thread (kindly delete if it's wrongly posted); what are the registrations of the B737s in Malindo fleet which does not have IFE screen? I remember OD do have couple of their B737s without the IFE screens onboard.

Thanks!

-LNC, LND, LCK, LCL, LCM and LCP. There was some discussion that LND had been fitted with IFE a few months back, but not sure if this was ever visually confirmed.

Here is the state of play for 2017 - I have created a Google spreadsheet for this year.

Please Click Here for 2017 Aircraft Deliveries to MAB Group, AirAsia Group & Malindo/Batik Malaysia

Good work man, were -AFG and -AFO ever operated by PIA or were they ntu, seem to remember -AFG was painted out of it yellow Expedia livery pending lease then re-entered service in an albino scheme?

Good work man, were -AFG and -AFO ever operated by PIA or were they ntu, seem to remember -AFG was painted out of it yellow Expedia livery pending lease then re-entered service in an albino scheme?

AFAIK, these two were ntu.

A320-251N, AirAsia, F-WWIS, 9M-AGQ (MSN 8025) NEO

Delivered: 30 Dec. 2017 TLS-KRW-KUL (Call Sign AXM9953, Hex:750463) dep: 10:17

A320-251N, AirAsia, F-WNEW, 9M-AGS (MSN 6419) NEO

Delivered: 30 Dec. 2017 TLS-KRW-KUL (Call Sign AXM9951, Hex:750465) dep: 9:44

A320-216SL, AirAsia, F-WWTL, 9M-AGT (MSN 8022)

Delivered: 29 Dec. 2017 TLS-DWC-KUL (Call Sign AXM9955, Hex:750466) dep: 10:33

A320-216SL, AirAsia, F-WWTO, 9M-AGU (MSN 8033)

Delivered: 23 Dec. 2017 TLS-DWC-KUL (Call Sign AXM9953, Hex:750467) dep: 10:23

That should be all for the 2017 deliveries.

I think we need to keep track which are the trollmasters (A320CEOs) in the 9M-AG* series.

Here is the state of play for 2017 - I have created a Google spreadsheet for this year.

It has been a huge year for the Airasia Group - Airasia Malaysia expanded its fleet to 90 aircraft. I am sure big celebrations will be held when it expands to 100 in 2018!

For Malindo Air/Batik Air Malaysia, it was a quiet year of consolidation - but they still managed to add some B738s at ATR-72s.

For MAB, the beginning of a new era came with the arrival of the A359's. These aircraft will take over the flagship KUL-LHR route in 2018.

I would like to thank all those who have contributed valuable information to this thread throughout the year! :clapping:

2018 should be another year of hectic deliveries. See you all again in the 2018 thread!

Click here for the 2018 thread