MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Waiping

BKI/WBKK 2017

From Mr T Azahan at the other post, if there isnt any change then 9M-MAC with Negaraku livery will be making its first commercial flight to BKI. Gotta be there!

Edited by Eddy Liew

Just missed the departure. :(

Let's see if they will do it again tonight.

Adverse weather in Korea might be the possible cause behind a host of delays on Christmas eve. ZE501 was scheduled to arrive around midnight but was delayed for 12 hours.

26047128_10155829797761091_6651636094813

thanks for the update Jahur.

d'oh... weather seems to be changing now. hopefully its better later.

Any chance to know her ETA for tomorrow?

If there is no delay should arrive at 3.45pm and 4.45pm departure. Todays retime is due to initial delay departure on the first PEN leg sector.

If there is no delay should arrive at 3.45pm and 4.45pm departure. Todays retime is due to initial delay departure on the first PEN leg sector.

It is just coming back to KUL from PEN - almost 2 hours behind schedule.

9M-MAC flight has been retimed.

1710 eta

1810 etd

still no sign of her being airbourne from KUL. Time is slipping so is the sunlight and its cloudy. Initial teething problems with a new aircraft I guess...

MAC is airborne now as MAS2614, ETA from FR24 1751 hours. keep tabs on your flight tracking app!

Wont be able to see her take off from BKI, (should be close to 7pm?) sad. wanna hear those engines roar. lol. anyhow.. should be able to see it later unless weather is bad.

Edited by Eddy Liew

You seen the clouds out there yet ? :D

yes Mr Tam, it's not promising. :unsure:

Hopefully, by 1730 hours it is done with it. If not, I have to pick another day and see the A359.

Further revised 6pm arrival. 6.50pm departure as per passenger sms notification.

So did u get your 9A seat Jahur? Enjoy your flight (assuming you are on that flight since you got sms notification)

It's a gorgeous plane MAC. Those rolls royce trent 1000 XWB engines are quiet, even on reverse thrust (load should be good?). In comparison the Malindo B738 that landed after with full reverse thrust was noisy! Those of us who went to see was lucky that the weather was not too bad when MAC arrived. When malindo arrived it started to rain.

Edit: it's Rolls Royces Trent XWB engines not trent 1000 XWB engines.

Edited by Eddy Liew

Further revised 6pm arrival. 6.50pm departure as per passenger sms notification.

I bet you must be very excited despite the delay. Good to know MH still send this aircraft to BKI as promised although I guess the airline could hv swapped it with any usual aircraft types...

So did u get your 9A seat Jahur? Enjoy your flight (assuming you are on that flight since you got sms notification)

It's a gorgeous plane MAC. Those rolls royce trent 1000 XWB engines are quiet, even on reverse thrust (load should be good?). In comparison the Malindo B738 that landed after with full reverse thrust was noisy! Those of us who went to see was lucky that the weather was not too bad when MAC arrived. When malindo arrived it started to rain.

Edit: it's Rolls Royces Trent XWB engines not trent 1000 XWB engines.

I'm on 5k. But I'll try out for 9k tomorrow. Btw am on the planes wifi connection at the moment.

Nice Waiping. Sad that it arrived late. Lots of flight delays thus far for this first two aircraft. Teething problems here and there as expected.

Fortunately BKI spotters have a lot more chances in the next many days.

I'm on 5k. But I'll try out for 9k tomorrow. Btw am on the planes wifi connection at the moment.

Ah ha. nice. wifi on board. enough for you to surf mw forums with the 2nd more expensive option? (I remember there's only 2 options). I believe load will be quite good for the BKI-KUL leg?

Nice Waiping. Sad that it arrived late. Lots of flight delays thus far for this first two aircraft. Teething problems here and there as expected.

Fortunately BKI spotters have a lot more chances in the next many days.

steep learning curve it seems. Hopefully they learn fast and improve it's OTP.