MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Waiping

BKI/WBKK 2017

BKI spotting of sort I suppose :pardon:

I watched this clip yesterday at Sky News. I think we still cant see his plane as the weather was mostly cloudy. At least we know what he was doing while cruising above KK.

Was he going to Guam - hence the need for a fuel stop?

I don't think they dropped by BKI at all, bird likely had the range :D

I recall he was meeting with our DPM at KL, then probably had to make a hasty visit to Guam to calm the local residents' nerves :)

Judging by that screen in background, I guess it's safe to conclude that interview was extensively edited and segments rearranged, to allow for the intended message to flow better I suppose

Edited by BC Tam

So far can see CZ8335 (from CAN), MH2614 (from KUL) and 8L9633 (from KMG) circling the skies between BKI and LBU

With the rain intensifying again as of now, I'm guessing MH2640 from KUL will be joining the party soon as well

MH68 to TPE appear to be readying for departure from BKI though

CZ bird just made it down

The 'Lucky' bird seemed to be making a go for it too, but now back to circling above Kuala Penyu again - it appears to be the one that has been held up the longest

Ok, sky tap now turned off

Looks like it's MH2614 coming in next, then 8L9633 .......

Yay, Lucky bird made it down !

I'm sure there are a few sighs of relief onboard there :)

MH2640 now approaching - that should clear the hold ups

No sign of OD1014 stirring at MYY though

CZ bird just made it down

The 'Lucky' bird seemed to be making a go for it too, but now back to circling above Kuala Penyu again - it appears to be the one that has been held up the longest

Ok, sky tap now turned off

Looks like it's MH2614 coming in next, then 8L9633 .......

Yay, Lucky bird made it down !

I'm sure there are a few sighs of relief onboard there :)

MH2640 now approaching - that should clear the hold ups

No sign of OD1014 stirring at MYY though

The malindo flight had the longest holding probably burned off til near reserves so they had to divert. Came in at the wrong time, rain droplets was so thick that it made visibility so bad.

interesting... sudden gust (about 10knots) from the south west causing 2 planes CQH8943 and AXM6358 inbound runway 02 to perform go around. Runway active switched to 20.

CZ8335 took a strange approach routing today...descending towards runway 02 by crossing Crocker range. The plane was at around 12,000ft when it crossed Gunung Alab, then descending toward 10,000ft before sharp turn to south at Apin2 area...then further descent towards 7,000ft when crossing the mountains again...the clearance must be less than 3000ft.

And Sultan of Johor plane is still parked at T2...Permaisuri of Johor and her daughter and son in-law are in town.

CZ8335 took a strange approach routing today...descending towards runway 02 by crossing Crocker range. The plane was at around 12,000ft when it crossed Gunung Alab, then descending toward 10,000ft before sharp turn to south at Apin2 area...then further descent towards 7,000ft when crossing the mountains again...the clearance must be less than 3000ft.

And Sultan of Johor plane is still parked at T2...Permaisuri of Johor and her daughter and son in-law are in town.

Could be due to weather over the sea, hence they opted to commence the approach from the East via waypoint DOGVU. Thats where most of the flights from SDK, TWU and LDU will converge before tracking to BIMUM or ADMUS for ILS approach RW02.

KA60/61 is upgraded today - A333 reg B-LBE.

yes bro~ once in the blue moon, before the end of the service. some fruits for us after a long wait since the new livery introduced.

22490165_10155166981208737_3022136609768

another lucky photo.

22496169_10155166991148737_2099950818852

:drinks:

Edited by Samuel Chy

and as for today, another flight upgrades for KA by using A330.

22552532_10155172867213737_2921110041969

but Silk Air decided take over the Gate 1, and KA opt for Gate 2 instead.

22489899_10155172867218737_5111898143787

Thursday another upgrade as per rumours. lets wait and catch more before KA finally end the chapter for BKI from their list, after over 2 decades of service.

:drinks:

Dunno how many knots it's out there now, but nothing should be allowed to be flying out there now but broken off tree branches and torn off bits of buildings :(

Should be allowed in soon, looks like storm suddenly blown itself off

Don't think we well get karan back on anytime soon though