MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Waiping

BKI/WBKK 2017

luckily you didnt go spotting today... with the rain now...

Yeah raining but got some rare visitor today.. Smartwings Boeing 737-800 OK-TVW but sadly the weather is bad this evening.

Yeah raining but got some rare visitor today.. Smartwings Boeing 737-800 OK-TVW but sadly the weather is bad this evening.

Seems like the plane is still here. Probably doing the round-the-world charter tour for tourists.

Edited by Alif A. F.

9M-MTJ came in yesterday. And there was an AirAsia A320 utilizing Terminal 2 for ATM charter to JHB last week.

On another note Brietling DC-3 world tour will be night stopping in BKI this 21 April Friday. Timing still not confirmed so be on the lookout.

I remembered in the 90s TG used 737-400 for the BKK-BKI route?

If not mistaken early 90s Tg used A310 to BKI

Breitling's DC-3

WBKK ILS 02 went INOP a day ago so rwy 20 was in use for the whole day.

DSC_4951_zpssz5majok.jpg

DSC_4961_zps63hlqbar.jpg

DSC_4993_zpsafoagpyt.jpg

Gorgeous! Today's daily express also reported of her brief stop at BKI, with those petronas oil drums in front of her as well as the pilots and ground handlers.

Nice ad for Aeropod behind Jahur haha.

What happened to the 02 equipment? No wonder 20 is in use, that got me puzzled as the wind was predominantly WNW or westerly these days.

Edited by Eddy Liew

Some more shots taken yesterday.

DSC_5209_zpslaeiiz82.jpg

Awesome shot! If only they switch on the flood lights on the left instead of the right side one. :(

Does the bird run on different fuel or was it Petronas making full use of photo op with those green drums peppered about the place ? :)

Does the bird run on different fuel or was it Petronas making full use of photo op with those green drums peppered about the place ? :)

This dc-3 still runs on old school piston powered turbine engines and kept most of its performance antique lik unlike other dc-3 which have been modified to turboprop also this breitling bird runs on avgas instead of jetfuel or kerosene they reserved 20gas barrels months before. Edited by jahur

I wonder how long it took to refuel? old school manual pumping!

True, the last time a DC-3 that came doing some geo survey was modified to a turboprop. Any videos? Would be fab to listen how she sounds like...

I wonder how long it took to refuel? old school manual pumping!

True, the last time a DC-3 that came doing some geo survey was modified to a turboprop. Any videos? Would be fab to listen how she sounds like...

Took them nearly 2 hours to do the turnaround and servicing. Plane is also mostly unpressurized cabin so they can freely open windows if they cruise slow. Meanwhile I recall the other geo DC-3 frequently visits SDK and BTU but i never got the chance to spot it, that plane had a more standard turboprop engine sound. This breitling dc-3 sounded right out from the Pearl Harbor movie that engine shut down sounded so freaking quick. :diablo:

Edited by jahur

If not mistaken early 90s Tg used A310 to BKI

TG never acquired A310, if I remembered correctly.

Were you referring to the A300B4-200 and A300B4-600R which were owned by TG?

This dc-3 still runs on old school piston powered turbine engines and kept most of its performance antique lik unlike other dc-3 which have been modified to turboprop also this breitling bird runs on avgas instead of jetfuel or kerosene they reserved 20gas barrels months before.

Smells like diesel instead of kerosene. :p

TG never acquired A310, if I remembered correctly.

Were you referring to the A300B4-200 and A300B4-600R which were owned by TG?

TG did operate A310 in past. They even use it for SEA-YYZ route.

Saw google got Old thai a310, but im not sure either a310 or a300 that operated to bki. If not mistaken Singapore Airline also using A310 for bki route those days.

p/s Sorry i dont know how to quote reply. Wrongly edit

post-2494-0-92415100-1493041335_thumb.jpg

post-2494-0-07923900-1493041353_thumb.jpg

Edited by S K Teo

TG did operate A310 in past. They even use it for SEA-YYZ route.

Cool thanks... Just checked they had 2x A310-200 and 2x A310-300. One of their A310-200s and One A310-300 crashed in 1988 and 1992 respectively.