MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Tamizi Hj Tamby

Kuching International Airport @ WBGG 2017

Thank you for following! Perhaps I will share them in a separate batch.

I find the morning light is softer and less harsh than the late afternoon light. Really a nice time to photograph aircraft. Speaking of 07 landings, 1776 two days ago and 5204 yesterday landed on 07. Usually it's requested by the pilots themselves, with traffic permitting. Last I spoke to a friend of mine who's an FO with AK, he said Shenzhen was confirmed for late November. Looks like they've moved the schedule. Nevertheless glad it's materializing. I'm abit skeptical about how long MFM can last. Last night I had a talk with my Uber driver about Indonesian tourists. He says a lot of the Indonesians he drives around come from Jakarta who flew to Pontianak for transit before coming here. A lot of them come for shopping and for our hospitals. Perhaps a KCH-CGK route would be feasible?

Yes, I recall we did have QZ operating the KCH-CGK-KCH route briefly alongside the KCH-DPS-KCH route. Sometimes I believe the traffic is just one direction but then again, those who come also needs to go back and vice versa. What i believe is a good potential route is KCH-TPE. The bulk of passengers onboard the BKI-TPE flights originate in Kuching. Don't forget to catch Scoot at end of the month :acute: Except Tuesday morning, all are late night flights which is not really good news for those of us going to Singapore. Late arrival means incurring SG's exorbitant taxi surcharges or missing the last MRT service. Fortunately they too have Uber and Grab.

Saw a CZ A319 taxing to departure at KCH today. Charter flight I guess as it was not reflected on Flight Information System of the airport.

Saw a CZ A319 taxing to departure at KCH today. Charter flight I guess as it was not reflected on Flight Information System of the airport.

flight diverted from BKI, which suppose to land at BKI by 20Oct 0230. but bad weather. arrive back in BKI just now around 1430, moment before another storm hit entire west coast of Borneo.

flight diverted from BKI, which suppose to land at BKI by 20Oct 0230. but bad weather. arrive back in BKI just now around 1430, moment before another storm hit entire west coast of Borneo.

Oh wow. How long was the flight on ground in KCH? Was the routing CAN-BKI?

Oh wow. How long was the flight on ground in KCH? Was the routing CAN-BKI?

affirmative. CAN-BKI diverted to KCH. arrive in KCH around 0330-0400 this morning.

Wonder if LBU, BWN, MYY were available alternates at that time of day, or was the storm so bad and so expansive they were all at 'full house' status ?

Woo hoo; Zhongguo Nanfang Hangkong's baby bus. Wish this can be a scheduled flight. But when it took off yesterday, it was just shortly before strong winds hit Kuching like a mini typhoon.

Woo hoo; Zhongguo Nanfang Hangkong's baby bus. Wish this can be a scheduled flight. But when it took off yesterday, it was just shortly before strong winds hit Kuching like a mini typhoon.

I was thinking maybe they'd use this diversion as an opportunity to research on logistics. Hopefully that crossed their mind. Handling was by Aerodarat. Meal vouchers were given out twice. Once in the morning and once at 11am.

Wonder if LBU, BWN, MYY were available alternates at that time of day, or was the storm so bad and so expansive they were all at 'full house' status ?

if not mistaken the mentioned airports are closed at that time. only KCH available for them. and their passenger was stranded in the airport until 7am, before giving clearance to go hotel by the company.

My contribution for the un-schedule CZ diversion to Kuching. As we (Kuching spotters) have no idea that there will any diversion, I cant take her landing very early in the morning. So here's her taxi shot and airborne shot.

37171308564_84cc0cb3a1_b.jpg

Taxing to holding point Alpha. Turn out she's waiting for two AirAsia arrivals before her turn to take off.

37881403161_c3b9efb1be_b.jpg

Gears up!

37161209153_1a5eab1550_b.jpg

CZ8483 pilots: Finally we get to send these passengers to BKI after a long wait in Kuching. :)

if not mistaken the mentioned airports are closed at that time. only KCH available for them. and their passenger was stranded in the airport until 7am, before giving clearance to go hotel by the company.

Heard Kch airport open 24 hours now.

Edited by GeO

Nice taxi shot, Gio! Was disappointed I didn't get a rotation shot from the terminal. Sure rotated early!

was wondering with the crews. do the same team of crew operate the flight back BKI from KCH?

Nice taxi shot, Gio! Was disappointed I didn't get a rotation shot from the terminal. Sure rotated early!

Both of your shots (and Gio's) are great brother. Surely they will remain in the history book for as long as CZ doesn't has a plan to visit KCH again. Thank you for sharing. Btw what is the minimum rotating distance for a A319?

Thank you Prestley for the awesome pictures. The morning light really shows off the planes. Am glad that Negaraku B738 finally made it to KCH. Did not know that Maswings has a aircraft with a similar paint job. I once asked an AK pilot when is a good time to catch a 07 landing and he noted that this would be noon time eg. AK1776 from SIN when the traffic at KCH is relatively quiet. Of course wind conditions matter too. From another, AK pilot, confirmation that AK will fly KCH-SZX in December. KCH-MFM is also being revived and talks are ongoing for SBW-SIN.

KCH-SZX scheduled to start on 26 Dec 2017.

AK1241 KCH2245 - 0245SZX 320 D

AK1242 SZX0350 - 0750KCH 320 D

AFAIK LBU,MYY closes after midnight and extension operating hours requires approval, leaving only BWN as the as a diversion then again maybe weather was there or parking was near full at that period no partner ground handling to liaise with and also Immigration issue would be a hassle to divert there. So KCH is ideal.

I find it odd that TR flights are all in the evenings except on Tuesday morning. What gives? Or are they maintaining the landing slot on Tue morning that MI previously had? Then again, it is not as if KCH is that crowded that landing slots are that precious. No media coverage on the last MI flight out of KCH on 27 Oct too. After more than 10 years in operations. Then again, MI wasn't promoting itself much and its service to SIN from KCH is just so so. Meal service is a single curry puff and no duty free shopping :lazy: .

Anyways, here's to the SZX flight; may it lasts longer than HX. I am still hoping for KCH-TPE to materialise soon. There's definitely commercial load there.

Got info that the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall are scheduled to arrive on the 6th at 1.15pm. They will then fly off to Penang on the same day at 5.15pm.

Brilliant, keenly waiting for some of your shots. Btw, will they be arriving in a Speedbird? then it would be the first for KCH.

I think they'll most likely use their Royal Flight aircraft which is a modified A332. Callsign CAM FORCE ONE.

Yeap, the aircraft is a RAF Voyager aircraft configure for VIP/Royal flight. When not in use, it goes back to its original role as a tanker aircraft

I find it odd that TR flights are all in the evenings except on Tuesday morning. What gives? Or are they maintaining the landing slot on Tue morning that MI previously had? Then again, it is not as if KCH is that crowded that landing slots are that precious. No media coverage on the last MI flight out of KCH on 27 Oct too. After more than 10 years in operations. Then again, MI wasn't promoting itself much and its service to SIN from KCH is just so so. Meal service is a single curry puff and no duty free shopping :lazy: .

Anyways, here's to the SZX flight; may it lasts longer than HX. I am still hoping for KCH-TPE to materialise soon. There's definitely commercial load there.

TR actually flies...

1234--7 SIN-KCH 8.30pm-955pm

----5-- SIN-KCH 6.10pm-7.35pm

-----6- SIN-KCH 6.10am-7.35am

The Saturday timing is so weird!

Edited by Kenneth Chong WT