MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Idham

Sultan Ismail Airport - WMKJ

Can anyone confirm that this is indeed ex VH-VLI (msn 22641) or ex HZ-SNF (msn 22643)? I got conflicting info regarding the origin of this aircraft.

Reportedly as ex VH-VLI

9MNEP_vli.jpg

vhvli.jpg

Thank you MIR!!! You are awesome! :drinks:

That means it is msn 22641 instead of msn 22643 as shown in one of the JPnet photo.

This AN12 (EK-12112) is of course dedicated to our biggest Russian fan - Uncle Pieter. :pardon:

EK-12112_WMKJ_170510.jpg

EK-12112_WMKJ_170510-2.jpg

Balshoye spasiba, tawaritse Kian !!! :pardon:

Excellent pictures of 'the smoker'...

Great shots there Kian Hong!

JHB certainly gets alot of interesting cargo movements :drinks:

KianHong, Idham, LeeTZ

hey when you all have aircraft shotting at Senai again?

haha remember call me along

0167394051 thx ^^

Edited by selwyn

Some photos from my brief visit to Senai airport yesterday :)

The rather impressive new terminal extension which houses a shopping area.

Senai7_MW.jpg

The entrance driveway in front of the terminal is now brightly lit, and features an underground carpark in addition to a new surface carpark besides the terminal building. The architecture is a very welcome change from the 'KLIA clones' which seems to characterise many of the new renovated airport terminals in Malaysia.

Senai3_MW.jpg

Aeromall at Senai Airport

Senai5_MW.jpg

The brightly lit interior of the new terminal extension. To date, most of the shops remain vacant.

Senai1_MW.jpg

Interior decoration

Senai4_MW.jpg

Before the construction of the new terminal, this covered walkway used to be an open pavement and the site of the old bus stop.

Senai2_MW.jpg

The 'quitessential' Senai airport shot with a MH B734 9M-MQO boarding passengers from Gate 1 bound for KCH and BKI at 1400hrs. There would be a 4hrs lull until the next passenger aircraft arrival!

9M-MQO_JHB_MW.jpg

Unfortunately, the existing section of the terminal which contains the departure and arrival halls had not been renovated. Thus, travellers can expect a big shock when walking from the brand new terminal extension into this section of the terminal to check in for their flights. A slight consolation is that the fly population at the food court and Marybrown restaurant had decreased significantly since my previous visit.

Senai6_MW.jpg

Senai airport is primarily served by an airport shuttle which is operated by Causeway Link to Kotaraya II terminal in the city and costs RM8 per pax for the 45min journey. Alternatively, JB Central Line (formerly known as GML Line, also sometimes known as Meridian Transport) operates service A1 (formerly known as G1) from Larkin Terminal to Senai Airport. The 1hr journey costs RM3.50. WFY4630, a Scania L113 was photographed departing the new bus pick up point at the extreme right of the terminal.

Causeway Link also operates a mythical service 333 which is identical to service A1 and charges to the same fare. The service is referred to as mythical because it is very seldom in service.

However, the public bus service frequency is erratic although frequency improves in the evening when there are more movements. For example, there was only 1 bus deployed on service A1 during my visit yesterday which was supplemanted by another solitary bus operating Causeway Link service 333, resulting in an average frequency of about 75mins.

WFY4630_A1_MW.jpg

Thanks for reading! :)

Like the architecture; also looks very airy from the inside... :good:

Is this airport otherwise known as Johor Bahru?? If so, would anyone happen to know the REG of the Neptune Air flight which arrived from Ho Chi Minh around 2330 local last Thursday night? Flight number was NEP536.

I'd really appreciate it if anyone can find out! :help: Thanks.

Edited by RobK

Is this airport otherwise known as Johor Bahru?? If so, would anyone happen to know the REG of the Neptune Air flight which arrived from Ho Chi Minh around 2330 local last Thursday night? Flight number was NEP536.

I'd really appreciate it if anyone can find out! :help: Thanks.

Hi Rob, Johar Bahru would be it. I believe Neptune Air only has the B727 in their fleet. The B732 is either sold or leased to an Indonesian Operator. So I believe 9M-NEP should have operated the flight. Also there were some shots posted from Vietnam that showed 9M-NEP operating out of Ho Chi Minh.

Hi Rob, Johar Bahru would be it. I believe Neptune Air only has the B727 in their fleet. The B732 is either sold or leased to an Indonesian Operator. So I believe 9M-NEP should have operated the flight. Also there were some shots posted from Vietnam that showed 9M-NEP operating out of Ho Chi Minh.

Raj,Neptune Air's B732 (9M-NEA) was returned to its previous operator,Tri-MG Airlines and re-registered as PK-YGP.

And here's the photo of Neptune Air's former B732,snapped at SIN by one of our MWingers,KianHong on 28/03/2010:

1678229.jpg

Copyright-Kianhong

From my understanding,All of the 5 727s and 3 737s are operated by Tri-MG Airlines,since Neptune Air partners with Tri-MG Airlines,Airmark of Singapore,Pacific East Asia Airlines (PEAC) of The Philippines and Thai Global Airlines of Thailand.

Raj,Neptune Air's B732 (9M-NEA) was returned to its previous operator,Tri-MG Airlines and re-registered as PK-YGP.

And here's the photo of Neptune Air's former B732,snapped at SIN by one of our MWingers,KianHong on 28/03/2010:

1678229.jpg

Copyright-Kianhong

Thanks for the update Tamizi.

Hi guys, thanks. :good:

According to their website http://www.neptuneair.com/p2.asp?id=11 they have 5x 727s and 3x 737s, hence why I asked which one. :blink:

From my understanding,All of the 5 727s and 3 737s are operated by Tri-MG Airlines,since Neptune Air partners with Tri-MG Airlines,Airmark of Singapore,Pacific East Asia Airlines (PEAC) of The Philippines and Thai Global Airlines of Thailand.

Rob, as per what Tamizi has said, all aircraft belong to Tri-MG. But 9M-NEP is the only aircraft based in Malaysia for Neptune's Operations. Any idea if that was a schedule flight or a one of charter? Any idea if they have a routine schedule?

Thanks for the update Tamizi.

Rob, as per what Tamizi has said, all aircraft belong to Tri-MG. But 9M-NEP is the only aircraft based in Malaysia for Neptune's Operations. Any idea if that was a schedule flight or a one of charter? Any idea if they have a routine schedule?

No idea mate. Was hoping one of you locals knew as I'm in the UK. I heard it on HF and he gave departure and destination points, which is unusual to hear.

Hi all, heard again on 18 Nov at 1434utc on HF, NEP536. Gave Ho Chi Minh to "Jo bo" again. Unfortunately that time would mean an arrival of around midnight local time so probably no-one around to see it :rolleyes: .

Was in Senai yesterday with friends to catch yet another B747-100! :p

This Bangladesh registered B747-121SF S2-AFA (cn 19650/24) belong to Logistic Air Cargo. This Jumbo was delivered to the now defunct PAN AM on March 1970 as N743PA 'Clipper Black Sea' and remained with Pan Am until 1991. Then it was given new lease of life with Tower Air Cargo as N617FF after being converted to Special Freighter in Wichita, KS. In early 2010, Logistic Air acquired this 40yo airframe for cargo charter.

From far, this 40yo airframe still looks pretty good. ;)

S2-AFA_WMKJ_141210.jpg

To get up into aircraft, one gotta climb the ladder via the avionic equipment bay.

S2-AFA_WMKJ_141210-2.jpg

Compare to any current generation aircraft, this cockpit is old school! :blink:

cockpit_S2-AFA_WMKJ_141210.jpg

Flight engineer station at the aft of cockpit. Overhead escape hatch was opened to let some light in.

FE-Station_S2-AFA_WMKJ_141210.jpg

The bare minimum main deck cargo area. One can see the rear pressure bulkhead at the far end.

maindeck-cargo_S2-AFA_WMKJ_141210.jpg

Standing among the classics and they are all B747-100!

Panoramic-Logistic-Air_WMKJ_141210.jpg

Other collateral catches ...

Cessna 337 Turbo Skymaster N2422Q. Seen here doing slow speed taxi test with the hope of returning it to airworthy conditions.

N2422Q_WMKJ_141210.jpg

Eurocopter AS-365N Dauphin 2 9M-DBJ operated by Danga Bay.

9M-DBJ_WMKJ_141210.jpg

Spaceship! :rofl: I wish the light could be better.

9M-NEP_WMKJ_141210.jpg

Some ex Singapore Youth Flying Club's Piper Warrior. SYFC had started replacing these Pipers with Diamond DA-40 in the mid 2010.

SYFC_piper-warrior_WMKJ_141210.jpg

Thanks for viewing. Cheers :)

<!--quoteo(post=208317:date=Jan 10 2009, 07:12 PM:name=Radzi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Radzi @ Jan 10 2009, 07:12 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=208317"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Unfortunately I was delayed. And just after my landing the A380 made their last touch-and-go and set course for Changi, while my passengers are disembarking. Only if they could make one more circuit..... or if I was on time....<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ai...ya. Sayanglah............!

BTW, is WMKJ's runway long enough for the big bird? How frequent they come to Senai for the training? When is the next training flight?

ya this is the question i was curious for long long time..

is the WMKJ's runway long enough for A380 to landing / take off ?

any one can advice on this?

was onboard this plane of past Oct to Japan trip..

glad tht granted permission to visit cockpit (aft landing in Jpn) and get the logsheet filled by Capt. :)

Edited by andy9736

ya this is the question i was curious for long long time..

is the WMKJ's runway long enough for A380 to landing / take off ?

any one can advice on this?

was onboard this plane of past Oct to Japan trip..

glad tht granted permission to visit cockpit (aft landing in Jpn) and get the logsheet filled by Capt. :)

this is the logsheet filled by Captain Yong (SQ638)

SQ638Logsheet.jpg

Andy,

Nice the captain was willing to fill-in all this information... :good:

Thanks a lot for sharing it with us here: interesting !!! ;)

Koreans on chartered Asiana will be at JHB on these dates (aircraft type not confirmed)

24/12: 0004hrs

total of 20 chartered flights until 3 March 2011. Can't help with the time though.

*posted on JHB thread as well

Nice; OZ is visiting JHB on charter basis.Should not be a problem if they're sending A330s and B744,since JHB is fully capable of accepting B747s (hence we could see B747F parked at JHB!)

Just remembered; Back in 2005,when i arrived at JHB from KCH via MH,i've spotted a Riau Airlines F50 that time.Too bad the camera was inside my back,and my schedule was bit tight as well (as we need to go to downtown to get a Express Bus to Melaka)

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

Angle of 'spaceship' perfect !!! :good:

Love that picture...

Andy,

Nice the captain was willing to fill-in all this information... :good:

Thanks a lot for sharing it with us here: interesting !!! ;)

Hi Pieter ,

You're most welcome, my pleasure :good:

BTW, yesterday i went to Senai Airport... nice renovation jobs !

In fact I went to the Cargo Complex site , to those flying clubs

Enquired about the PPL course, was briefed by Capt. Andrew and Capt. Lim from Elite Flying Club..

any bro here interested to obtain the PPL too ? :)

BTW, any reply yet?

So far is the runway at WMKJ sufficient enough for A380's operations ?

A simple answer is 'YES'. An A380 could operate in WMKJ, however, whether it could take a full load or not is a different subject matter. A basic guide is, if a B744 could operate, so does an A380 .....

:hi: