MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

Malaysia Airlines to implement self-print baggage tag

KUALA LUMPUR (Aug 16): Malaysia Airlines Bhd is implementing self-print baggage tag for all its flights with effect from Thursday, saying it is a way to make customers’ travel experience faster and more efficient.

In a statement today, the national carrier said passengers on Economy Class tickets will need to print the baggage tags at check-in kiosks located around the departure level of Kuala Lumpur International Airport and self-tag their bags, before proceeding to the baggage drop counter.

But for the time being, passengers travelling to Dhaka and Kathmandu will still need to check in at dedicated counters.

More:

Hahaha.. Pax to dac and kathmandu really need help

Those are the flights with the most LCD tvs and comforters as baggage. Very unique

Speaking of self tag, when will AirAsia debut their self drop feature? Saw a few counters with it at klia2, BKI and I think KCH.

Why sounds like a LCC move for a FSC?? :unsure:

When I flew from CHC to AKL on ANZ earlier this year, I had to self check in and self tag my baggage and load it onto the luggage belt. There was only one ANZ staff at the kiosk to assist anyone who is not able to check in themselves.

So this kind of self service is not just done by LCCs.

So does QF for their domestic flights

The machine rejected my luggage as had a few old barcode from previous travel on it. Hence, had to goto manned counter. Edited by KK Lee

KLM has self bag drop units throughout Schiphol

so does SAS Scandinavian...quite common for FSC to do it actually....

good move i would say to remove congestion at the counter itself...hopefully they would eventually place the machines all over the airport

AF has been doing it for years. But they do have many staff around CDG to guide you through the process should you do not know how to do it.

Brilliant move if there are plenty of machines for it, disaster if only a few machines around.

I think there will be plenty of machines that are rosak.

I actually prefer the check-in agent does the tagging cause I don't know how to do it.. :(

I always do check-in at the KL Sentral counter though since it's more convenient.

I actually prefer the check-in agent does the tagging cause I don't know how to do it.. :(

I always do check-in at the KL Sentral counter though since it's more convenient.

the 'how to tag' instructions are placed on the check in machine. Feel free to read. And there are MAB staffs too to assist helpless passengers .

JQ has been asking guests to DIY for quite sometime now. Not as difficult as I imagine if you pay attention to the instruction.☺

Sign in to follow this