MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MH Northern Winter 2016/2017 Schedule Change

Per spies at the MH Rumour Department, a lot of changes on the schedule. Something nice to see from the new CEO.

The leakages:

MH4 tukar departure time from 1010 to 0900

MH3 now departs at 1000 from LHR

PER moves to evening departure from KUL

MH89 NRT-KUL will depart at 1315 from current 1030

MH53 KIX-KUL will depart at 1220 from current 1100

but both above, the departure time from KUL (MH88 & MH 52) remains the same.

Ex KUL morning flight to AKL, SYD and MEL now showing departure time at 0850 but no changes on the return flights.

MH72 KUL-HKG will depart at 0820 from current 0915. The return flight MH73 remains the same.

Confirmed per GDS. I don't have the numbers they do, but I always thought the MH 124/125 timing is always better than the MH 126/127.

In addition MH 432/433 will move about an hour earlier. I suspect MH 73 hasn't been adjusted yet due to slot constraints.

AKL will have 4 red eyes per week instead of 3 (4 to 3 daytime ex-KUL).

DRW reduced to 3 weekly.

2 RON at BKK instead of 1.

Per spies at the MH Rumour Department, a lot of changes on the schedule. Something nice to see from the new CEO.

The leakages:

Mh3 1000 hour departure expect pax live outside greater London to overnight at lhr?

Per evening departure mean arrive per around midnight. Have they considered not every pax live in Perth?

Mh3 1000 hour departure expect pax live outside greater London to overnight at lhr?

If other passengers can make it to the airport for flights on other airlines that leave earlier, I don't see why they can't make it for MH's flight.

If other passengers can make it to the airport for flights on other airlines that leave earlier, I don't see why they can't make it for MH's flight.

Most pax who live in Birmingham, Nottingham or Cardiff and depending on public transport, would more inclined to take me3 afternoon departure than mh 10am departure.

If you live in Birmingham you can take Emirates direct from

BHX! No need to come to London. I suspect there is still a group of die hard MAS passengers who prefer a non stop service and will travel all the way to London for it.

If you live in Birmingham you can take Emirates direct from

BHX! No need to come to London. I suspect there is still a group of die hard MAS passengers who prefer a non stop service and will travel all the way to London for it.

It won't be a surprise, if they scrap mh3 in a few years time.

I can think of two possible reasons why the timings have been changed:

1 Cost of non peak hour slots lower

2 Improve aircraft utilisation

Peter Bellew's LCC background might be pushing MH to better utilise its resources.

MH also cannot pretend that it is a 5 star airline anymore. More and more of its pax only want the cheapest ticket available ...

Per evening departure mean arrive per around midnight. Have they considered not every pax live in Perth?

Most pax who live in Birmingham, Nottingham or Cardiff and depending on public transport, would more inclined to take me3 afternoon departure than mh 10am departure.

when it comes to schedule flexibility and price, nothing beats ME3 anyway, so no comparison there.....but it's a 1 stop flight to KUL which some might not prefer....besides the earlier arrival time might suit some of those travelling for business purposes...most of which would stay around the London area anyway....

and for PER evening departure...probably almost 90% of WA population lives ~1 hour radius of Perth so I don't the see the late arrival as much of an issue...you can't do much in PER with the current 3PM arrival anyway...besides the return flight would also fit business travelers better...also the timing would still allow for onward connection to London (MH4 instead of MH2)

when it comes to schedule flexibility and price, nothing beats ME3 anyway, so no comparison there.....but it's a 1 stop flight to KUL which some might not prefer....besides the earlier arrival time might suit some of those travelling for business purposes...most of which would stay around the London area anyway....

and for PER evening departure...probably almost 90% of WA population lives ~1 hour radius of Perth so I don't the see the late arrival as much of an issue...you can't do much in PER with the current 3PM arrival anyway...besides the return flight would also fit business travelers better...also the timing would still allow for onward connection to London (MH4 instead of MH2)

If mh is targeting business travellers, Perth arrival and departure shouldn't be after midnight.

3pm arrival to Perth, pax could travel as far south as Margaret River.

I can think of two possible reasons why the timings have been changed:

1 Cost of non peak hour slots lower

2 Improve aircraft utilisation

Peter Bellew's LCC background might be pushing MH to better utilise its resources.

MH also cannot pretend that it is a 5 star airline anymore. More and more of its pax only want the cheapest ticket available ...

Years ago, in the name of aircraft utilization and lower parking charge; mh arrival and departure to/from EWR was in the morning and arrived kul near midnight. While sq arrive ewr in the morning, depart in the evening for morning arrival to sin. Guess who survive this route?

Aircraft utilization is important but believe meeting pax requirements should be a higher priority.

Edited by KK Lee

Years ago, in the name of aircraft utilization and lower parking charge; mh arrival and departure to/from EWR was in the morning and arrived kul near midnight. While sq arrive ewr in the morning, depart in the evening for morning arrival to sin. Guess who survive this route?

Aircraft utilization is important but believe meeting pax requirements should be a higher priority.

Can't directly compare MH and SQ - their pax profiles are quite different. MH is largely a leisure airline these days as business travellers have much better options with other airlines.

The MH CEO is now putting more emphasis on revenue growth rather than yield - he wants to fill the planes. Lower fares will attract more pax. From the latest promos, one can see he is matching Malindo's promos dollar for dollar. Sooner or later, MH will resume its attack on Airasia to win back market share.

and for PER evening departure...probably almost 90% of WA population lives ~1 hour radius of Perth so I don't the see the late arrival as much of an issue...you can't do much in PER with the current 3PM arrival anyway...

There's a huge difference between arriving at 3pm and 1am. With the current arrival time you still have time to settle down before dinner and have a decent night's sleep. You can have none of that with a 1am arrival.

For tourists, they either waste a night at the hotel or slum it for a brutal few hours before checking in.

Edited by Chris Tan

It was only 2-3 years back when operated MH126/127 operated 5 times weekly alongside with daily MH124/145, but when MH reduced the frequency to 7 weekly flights, the 5 weekly MH126/127 were cut, which made me think those flights were rather undesirable for pax. But also MH had a much larger EU network that passengers that could connect to/from MH124/125.

As far as MH3, the departure time was moved maybe 55 minutes earlier (I believe their NW15/16 time was 1055 - not a huge deal). Pax can still connect from BA ex-EU.

Also, it seems like MH79 is departing from HKG at 0750 instead of 0845-ish (presumably to offer a more varied departure time coupled with CX and/or offer more connections beyond KUL).

Ex-HKG:

MH079 0750

CX723 0850

CX725 1255

MH073 1450

CX729 1605

MH433 1915

CX791 2030

Ex-KUL:

MH072 0820

CX720 0900

CX790 1035

CX722 1345

MH432 1430

CX724 1755

MH078 1950

Can't directly compare MH and SQ - their pax profiles are quite different. MH is largely a leisure airline these days as business travellers have much better options with other airlines.

The MH CEO is now putting more emphasis on revenue growth rather than yield - he wants to fill the planes. Lower fares will attract more pax. From the latest promos, one can see he is matching Malindo's promos dollar for dollar. Sooner or later, MH will resume its attack on Airasia to win back market share.

It is Idris Jala "Five Stars Value" airline all over again....

43d0940f7d.jpg43d2e09e08.jpgmas-promo.gif

It is Idris Jala "Five Stars Value" airline all over again....

We could almost certain there will be few billions $ losses down the road.

How long could mys tax payers tolerate and the country afford this type of abuse?

Edited by KK Lee

How long could mys tax payers tolerate and the country afford this type of abuse?

"We"?

Apparently some people feel that they know better how to run an airline.

Idris Jala did not adequately address the high cost issue before embarking on his strategy (case in point - MH was still flying to EZE when he is around). It's a different story here.

Besides, lets cut the pretense. Malaysia is not a premium market and for MH to pretend to be a premium airline when that's not what the public wants is actually going to waste more money!

There's a huge difference between arriving at 3pm and 1am. With the current arrival time you still have time to settle down before dinner and have a decent night's sleep. You can have none of that with a 1am arrival.

For tourists, they either waste a night at the hotel or slum it for a brutal few hours before checking in.

That depends. If I was from Perth and am in KL for business or holiday, I would like to finish the day properly before flying home, so definitely prefer an evening flight. So what if I get home at 2am. Flying in the middle of the day is a waste of a whole day.

I don't think you waste a night at the hotel if you check in at 2am. If you arrive at 6am and then get to the hotel at 7am... now that is a waste...

"We"?

Apparently some people feel that they know better how to run an airline.

Some executive at a certain airline with many years experience couldn't make profit for years.

Idris Jala did not adequately address the high cost issue before embarking on his strategy (case in point - MH was still flying to EZE when he is around). It's a different story here.

Besides, lets cut the pretense. Malaysia is not a premium market and for MH to pretend to be a premium airline when that's not what the public wants is actually going to waste more money!

Believe mh current cost structure is not lower than lcc.

Over 70% of ek, qr pax are transit. If mh solely depending on local demand, mh need to downsize further.

I think that CM made a big mistake cutting of its European feed. He wants to tap into the North Asia to Australasia market... That is not a great move. Look at how many Chinese airlines adding routes and capacity to Australia. Why should the pax fly MH when their own airlines fly non stop?

And now they are cancelling their codeshares with other airlines to concentrate on EK? Another bad move. Something EK will gain from but not MH.

The repercussions are starting to ripple through. For example, look at air Mauritius...

KUL was their important hub in the region (even over Singapore). Now Changi has wooed them with money so they are flying non stop to SIN so that they can connect with other services. KUL is now a one stop service when it was their main connection point in south east Asia

Sign in to follow this