MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
xtemujin

2016 RAF Red Arrows to promote prosperity with major Asia tour

Me personally think for Malaysia side, the sharing of the information is seriously lagging.

I believe that the change in plan for 14-oct fly past can be communicated to the public at much earlier time rather than just 1 hour before the schedule.

Right now UK in Singapore is doing a PR that there will be another flypast for Singapore.

CuyfJ7mUkAAlOhs.jpg

What's the weather capability of the Hawk actually? I know that it was a bit cloudy over KL on Friday. I assume the Typhoon is an all weather combat plane hence the ability for them to continue with the flypast

The PR about the Red Arrows flypast is quite bad.

The Red Arrows were to perform for the Singapore flypast at 1230 hrs, many people were already making their way or already at the Marina Bay area.

The twitter that the Singapore flypast was cancelled only came in at 1030 hrs.

Me personally think for Malaysia side, the sharing of the information is seriously lagging.

I believe that the change in plan for 14-oct fly past can be communicated to the public at much earlier time rather than just 1 hour before the schedule.

Just to share some shots from this morning

Flying past Rwy 15

RA1w_zpsezuoqag4.jpg

Making a turn and passing towards Rwy 33 and breaking the formation

RA2w_zpshjv8ti4u.jpg

They landed on Rwy 33 and making a turn into the taxiway closer to us.

I am sure the Firefly ATR in the background worth their wait to give way for the Red Arrows

RA3w_zpswoxayigc.jpg

Welcome to SZB !

RA5w_zpsiaciushj.jpg

RA4w_zpsiunrlnzh.jpg

Thanks for sharing Chaity. :clapping:

Despite your best efforts, the arrival of the RAF's Red Arrows was a very painful wait for many enthusiasts and Malaysian Wings members covering this visit. Information was severely lacking and we had to dig very deep into our resources. Many thanks to all who contributed the info and KS, hope this helps to compensate somewhat... Happy Spotting for Monday's display. :drinks:

29733140804_bceea80c5e_c.jpg

The Red Arrows heading back following the flypast. Sorry about the light conditions - we had some doubts on whether they would make it to Malaysia.

29733136884_bbf80be045_c.jpg

Breaking off from their formation

29733132694_4f2483fc1a_c.jpg

Taxiing back to the TUDM base at savannah SZB/WMSA

29733123494_3dc6d62bdd_c.jpg

The airport management should really do something about the lalang... :sorry:

The RAF Red Arrows finally made it to Epsom College today.

Unfortunately, the weather did not co-operate and cloud cover was quite low. Nevertheless, the crowd of diplomats, school children, enthusiasts and "gate crashers" enjoyed the show.

My thanks to all who provided information and also venue reconnaissance to enable us to make it to this unique air display.

30266880932_cc30a71350_c.jpg

30266882852_43c01cba92_c.jpg

30086140360_7873300c01_c.jpg

30347444686_a50ae3448f_c.jpg

To be confirmed - the Red Arrows are planning to perform a flypast over KLCC at 18:30 tomorrow. Stay tuned for official information on the various channels.

She came in yesterday, two hours after The Red Arrows arrived. She carries supplies and parts for the team.

1920%20RAF%20C130J%20Colourfil%20tail_zp

As for today from Subang. 9 Red Arrows came out in pairs via Yankee and backtracked all the way to Rwy33 for departure.

1920%20Red%20Arrows%20backtrack_zpsyhooy

3x3x3 take-off formation.

1920%20Red%20Arrows%20Tower_zpsctqpocwe.

1920%20RedArrows%20Rotate%20tower_zpsvro

1920%20Red%20Arrows%20Climb_zps38bgaif0.

Awesome shots guys!~

How I wish the fly past did happens on last Friday. :(

After KLCC; those who were at Subang for their arrival was treated with these before they land at Rwy15

1920%20Red%20Diamond%20Climb_zpsenabhngi

1920%20red%20Arrows%20smoke%20dive_zpslv

1920%20red%20arrows%20dive%20split_zpsom

Good coverage by MWings members from KL to SZB on the flypast day !

Just to share some on the members covering from the "Epsom Hill" on 17 Oct 2016

Mwingsw_zps01z2qvpf.jpg

Goodbye Red Arrows! See you again soon!

30408454596_41a3f50da1_c.jpg

30445143565_d12b2ab6ac_c.jpg

They left TUDM Subang this morning for Surat Thani in Thailand. C-130J support plane left after lunch.

Thanks for the sharing. Never know that the special scheme is only applied to 1 side of the Hercules. :)

Thanks for the sharing. Never know that the special scheme is only applied to 1 side of the Hercules. :)

There are two support aircraft - the one with the special 50th Anniversary tail is ZH883 while the above pix shows ZH865.in the standard RAF colours.

There are two support aircraft - the one with the special 50th Anniversary tail is ZH883 while the above pix shows ZH865.in the standard RAF colours.

Thanks for correcting me. Never know they have 2 supporting Hercules. :)

RAF RED ARROWS RETURN FROM GLOBAL TOUR PROMOTING UK INTERESTS

JETS from the Royal Air Force Aerobatic Team have returned to the United Kingdom after completing a global tour seen by hundreds of millions of people.
Red Arrows pilots, engineers and support staff landed at the display team’s Lincolnshire base, RAF Scampton, earlier today to be met by waiting families.
The flight was the final leg of a major two-month tour to the Asia-Pacific and Middle East regions – the largest and most wide-ranging undertaken by the Red Arrows in a decade.
The deployment contributed to the Government’s GREAT campaign, supporting UK interests across business, trade and education and promoting the best of British innovation, technology and creativity.
Covering 20,000 miles, the tour took the Red Arrows to 17 countries – including visiting China for the first time in the Squadron’s 52-season history. It is estimated the team’s activities were seen by a global audience, in person or through media channels, of up to one billion people.
The Red Arrows tour was part of a wider RAF deployment, known as Exercise Eastern Venture, which also saw Typhoon fast-jets visiting other parts of Asia.
Full report:

Sign in to follow this