MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

Peter Bellew

It could be both, a better package plus problems in the current company.

However I thought I read somewhere that Ryanair is also having problem with large number of their pilot leaving en-mass, resulting in flight cancellation?

PB was actually poached by Ryanair to resolve the pilot issues.

​If you ask me, that accolade does not belong to Ryanair - there is that legendary brewery at St James' Gate that must have slipped Mr Bellew's memory somehow :)

I think the word 'legendary' speaks for itself?

With Ryanair in full meltdown to the point that even Michael O'Leary had to eat humble pie & basically beg his crews to return, it's a bit easier to believe Bellew's exhortations that he's leaving MAB only because of his desire to save the Irish airline.

I doubt he would have vehemently denied the issue of government interference if it wasn't the case. In contrast to Christoph Mueller's departure Bellew's statement is far more descriptive.

I guess we just have to take the statement at face value - whether there is government interference of not, I guess only he would know. Wish Bellew all the best as he returns home, he will be deeply missed for all the good he has done.

Personally, I think he has done more than CM - I find him to be really good at PR, social media, and he way he handles questions and interviews. This is where I think where the Malaysian CEOs have a bit of a way to go in handling press conferences, and media interviews.

Mueller's departure was for strictly personal reasons, no?

However I have met Bellew and he just simply comes across as a humble and honest guy. Truly saddened by his departure.

However I have met Bellew and he just simply comes across as a humble and honest guy. Truly saddened by his departure.

Well there were speculations that government interference played a role too. Mueller didn't say much other than sticking to personal reasons, whereas Bellew's statement is more heartfelt.

the way i see it is quite simple, if the recent Ryanair flight cancellation fiasco which led to the flight cancellation affecting almost 300,000 people during the European summer holiday season had not happend, PB would probably have stayed with MAB....

but due to the fiasco, the current COO is leaving and Ryanair turned to PB to fill the position. besides, the COO position might provide an inside track for him to become Ryanair CEO, the biggest airline in Europe by number of passengers flown...making it almost an irresistible opportunity for him to pass up

Leaked by a spy at the MH Rumour Department:

He has been quiet.

Like being caught red handed lying.

"I thought you loved me" - MH

Now he can't even see the A350 coming in. Aircraft arriving Dec 5.

PB's first day as COO at Ryanair is 1 December 2017.

http://www.thestar.com.my/business/business-news/2017/10/19/mas-never-ending-search-for-a-ceo/

"MAS never fails to excite, in that every two or three years, the national airline finds itself embroiled in either a restructuring, controversy or disaster. The sad thing this time around is that we Malaysians have to read about its CEO Peter Bellew’s planned departure from the Irish Times and the London Stock Exchange. He could have simply told everyone from the onset instead of denying two weeks ago that he was going to Ryanair."

Drama.

from the Star http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2017/10/23/bellew-i-just-want-to-balik-kampung-outgoing-ceo-rubbishes-dr-ms-claims-of-outside-interference-in-m/

Bellew is very diplomatic about it and of course he did not say its because of interferences etc. But then again he say he just want to go back - but he should know that he signed a 3 year contract and he would have prepared for it when he accepted.

But of course many would know why he had to call it quits. Bellew had to be diplomatic and not mention any work related issues and hence be in the good books as one never know if MAB will even rehire him back one day......

Edited by leon t

from the Star http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2017/10/23/bellew-i-just-want-to-balik-kampung-outgoing-ceo-rubbishes-dr-ms-claims-of-outside-interference-in-m/

Bellew is very diplomatic about it and of course he did not say its because of interferences etc. But then again he say he just want to go back - but he should know that he signed a 3 year contract and he would have prepared for it when he accepted.

But of course many would know why he had to call it quits. Bellew had to be diplomatic and not mention any work related issues and hence be in the good books as one never know if MAB will even rehire him back one day......

He could have kept quiet like Mueller.

PB has certainly steadied the MH ship, made some plans for the fleet and boosted staff morale. We should thank him for that. I think it is time to move on - we can now look forward to the next phase of the restructuring.

The new A359s and newly leased A332s will arrive soon and the A380s will leave the fleet. Lets see how the new CEO will handle these transitions.

Sign in to follow this