MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

Peter Bellew

Apalah bala yang menimpa ni?

Why can't we have good things to last?

This is akin to the double B772 blows. But this time is a double highly reputable CEOs leaving the ship.

I think you seriously need to reconsider that last statement... what kind of a fool are you to draw such a comparison? Edited by Sandeep G

as long as Malaysia Airines is in the hands of the government or through its proxy agencies, real changes will not work as can be seen from these 2 CEOs who basically only served about a year and less than their contractual period. This is due mainy in part to interferences and the govt/agencies agendas. The airline will barely be able to get back into profitability and its history have shown over rm20 billion have been spent by the government to restructure or rather bail-outs a few times. Doubt Khazanah's rm6 billion injection into the airline will bring it out of the woods. Sooner or later, it must go the way of Proton.

Apologise and reworded. Was meant to emphasize on the "double lost" per article below.

https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2017/10/292248/khazanah-meddling-led-bellew-exit

"Bellew is the second MAB CEO to prematurely quit after running the airline for a short time. His predecessor, Christoph Mueller, resigned less than a year into his three-year contract.

A source told New Straits Times that the reason for both Bellew and Mueller leaving was apparently due to alleged interference by Khazanah in the running of the national carrier. “Khazanah, in actual fact, was micro-managing Malaysia Airlines. There were cases where Khazanah bypassed the MAB board,” the source said. Mueller’s sudden exit in April last year, which shocked the aviation industry, was apparently due to irreconcilable differences between Khazanah and the German aviation turnaround expert, the source added. At the time, Khazanah tried to play down Mueller’s resignation, saying the 55-year-old German’s decision was due to a change in his personal circumstances.

It is believed that Bellew, like Mueller before him, could not agree on some of the decisions by Khazanah over the overall running of the national carrier."

Local will stick to the post because it is literally an iron bowl, you get rewarded even when underperforming, while foreigners just ditch it after tasting the bitter interferences/bureaucracy/complexities and the sweet seduction of greener pastures! Sangat kecewa and will make MAB think thrice before hiring another foreigner for the post. Or no foreigner would want this job given the bad experience.

Edited by V Wong

MAB lost two CEOs without completing their terms. Looks like the airline will have to embrace another change. All the best to Malaysia Airlines and whoever that will be filling the role.

Would a Malaysian fill up the position, or will it be another expat?

What happened to MAB website? Can't access it now. Blank page .....

I can access the website but then it went blank after I clicked on "17/10/2017 Media Statement Regarding Peter Bellew".

Not sure if this is the cause of the blockage.

Anyway, this is the screenshot of the blocked news stolen from Tamizi.

22540043_10214689785856088_6783442783172

Apologise and reworded. Was meant to emphasize on the "double lost" per article below.

https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2017/10/292248/khazanah-meddling-led-bellew-exit

"Bellew is the second MAB CEO to prematurely quit after running the airline for a short time. His predecessor, Christoph Mueller, resigned less than a year into his three-year contract.

A source told New Straits Times that the reason for both Bellew and Mueller leaving was apparently due to alleged interference by Khazanah in the running of the national carrier. “Khazanah, in actual fact, was micro-managing Malaysia Airlines. There were cases where Khazanah bypassed the MAB board,” the source said. Mueller’s sudden exit in April last year, which shocked the aviation industry, was apparently due to irreconcilable differences between Khazanah and the German aviation turnaround expert, the source added. At the time, Khazanah tried to play down Mueller’s resignation, saying the 55-year-old German’s decision was due to a change in his personal circumstances.

It is believed that Bellew, like Mueller before him, could not agree on some of the decisions by Khazanah over the overall running of the national carrier."

NST was made to publish a clarification on its daring article above.

https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2017/10/292286/clarification-new-straits-times-report-regarding-malaysia-airlines-ceo#cxrecs_s

“Khazanah Nasional Berhad (“Khazanah”) refers to the New Straits Times report, “Khazanah meddling led to Bellew exit?” published on 17 October 2017. "We wish to clarify that the speculation based on unnamed sources in the article is both erroneous and misleading.

https://www.nst.com.my/business/2017/10/292223/shahril-omar-saddiq-among-contenders-mas-ceo-post#cxrecs_s

And the top contenders for the new CEO position are:

1. Datuk Seri Shahril Mokhtar - Mass Rapid Transit Corp (MRT Corp) CEO

2. Omar Siddiq Amin Noer Rashid - MAB's current chief financial officer

Has anyone considered that maybe Ryanair was the one who poached Mr. Bellew? They could have offered him a huge compensation package with tax benefits etc. I am not saying that's the reason, but it could be a possible reason or factor. Or maybe he's just frustrated that he does not have full autonomy in running the airline, but it's something we won't find out.

PS: I think someone dropped the ball there. Ryanair's announcement caught MH and maybe Mr. Bellew by surprise!

Has anyone considered that maybe Ryanair was the one who poached Mr. Bellew? They could have offered him a huge compensation package with tax benefits etc. I am not saying that's the reason, but it could be a possible reason or factor. Or maybe he's just frustrated that he does not have full autonomy in running the airline, but it's something we won't find out.

PS: I think someone dropped the ball there. Ryanair's announcement caught MH and maybe Mr. Bellew by surprise!

Beside better pay package, most if not all executives preferred to have a successful, profitable and growing company on his CV.

CM was interviewed by mo1 in new York. Wonder where will next CEO be interviewed. During apac meeting or new year holiday?

Edited by KK Lee

And the top contenders for the new CEO position are:

1. Datuk Seri Shahril Mokhtar - Mass Rapid Transit Corp (MRT Corp) CEO

2. Omar Siddiq Amin Noer Rashid - MAB's current chief financial officer

Previously linked by mokhzani

http://malaysiansmustknowthetruth.blogspot.my/2017/09/mas-chief-welcomes-habibul-rahman.html?m=1

Should be amongst the front runners too don't you reckon ? :)

..... most if not all executives preferred to have a successful, profitable and growing company on his CV.

If current job has toxic repercussions on one's CV, better to cut losses and engineer a dignified exit :)

Edited by BC Tam

It could be both, a better package plus problems in the current company.

However I thought I read somewhere that Ryanair is also having problem with large number of their pilot leaving en-mass, resulting in flight cancellation?

Edited by Waiping

I think Ryanair made the announcement somewhat prematurely because they are also in deep $hit concerning their operations. PB is probably in TLS to observe the A330Neo's first flight tomorrow. It should be interesting when he gets back.

Edited by flee

Perhaps he is the best guy since Idris Jala, the kinda guy who gave hope to Malaysians that he can turn this around. Poor us.

I really like how he interract in social media on his Instagram. Hes really engaging with public and staffs alike.

Wish you all the best Peter. Hopefully wont take long for Governent to find a new guy who can be as good as him.

Agree with you on this..... i'm actually kinda of sad he's leaving MH, to me he had more impact than CM previously. Wonder who will replace him next, will it be local or foreigner. If Khazanah still want a foreigner to be CEO, James Hogan is free at the moment(i think) maybe Khazanah can try to get him?

Agree with you on this..... i'm actually kinda of sad he's leaving MH, to me he had more impact than CM previously. Wonder who will replace him next, will it be local or foreigner. If Khazanah still want a foreigner to be CEO, James Hogan is free at the moment(i think) maybe Khazanah can try to get him?

James Hogan, the guy who set Etihad on an investment spree on many other airlines in which two have filed for bankruptcy?

Previously linked by mokhzani

http://malaysiansmustknowthetruth.blogspot.my/2017/09/mas-chief-welcomes-habibul-rahman.html?m=1

Should be amongst the front runners too don't you reckon ? :)

Oh yes definitely. This is the guy that Tony Pua is rambling about in FB. PB's comments in the blog entry sounded somewhat weird.

James Hogan, the guy who set Etihad on an investment spree on many other airlines in which two have filed for bankruptcy?

IMO, the way he growth EY and development of premium service something that MH can emulate. Also, in MH don't think the job scope will involve buying other airlines. :)

Aireen Omar is probably the best qualified local candidate to be CEO of mab.

She is every bit as qualified as anyone - but professional qualifications is one thing, kow towing to the political masters is another. Why join a political party when you are already in a successful money minting airline?

She is every bit as qualified as anyone - but professional qualifications is one thing, kow towing to the political masters is another. Why join a political party when you are already in a successful money minting airline?

In Air Asia, the master himself dealing with all the related politic issues, while CEO of AK an D7 focus solely on respective airline. Same with OD, which have the designated ambassador to help them. With MH, the CEO need to tackle both. :)

In Air Asia, the master himself dealing with all the related politic issues, while CEO of AK an D7 focus solely on respective airline. Same with OD, which have the designated ambassador to help them. With MH, the CEO need to tackle both. :)

Mab board chairman could handle politics and leave CEO to focus on company affairs.

“It is Ireland’s greatest company....."

​If you ask me, that accolade does not belong to Ryanair - there is that legendary brewery at St James' Gate that must have slipped Mr Bellew's memory somehow :)

Sign in to follow this