MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

Peter Bellew

I suggest to just post the problem to PB directly. Some members twit/posted direct to TF and got instant reply.

Curious to see the replies to complaints ratio by Tony :D

Malaysia Airlines CEO Peter Bellew: 'Something Very Wrong in the (Asian) Long Haul Market'

Mr Bellew's views at CAPA Airline Fleet and Finance Summit on 3-Mar-2017.

source: https://centreforaviation.com/analysis/malaysia-airlines-ceo-peter-bellew-something-very-wrong-in-the-asian-long-haul-market-332231

Edited by Eddy Liew

Ryanair plot to get Malaysia Airlines CEO Peter Bellow back on board.
Ryanair has targeted Malaysia Airlines CEO Peter Bellew as their next chief operating officer.. sources close to Ryanair said.
For the last two months, largest low-cost carrier in Europe, Ryanair has been going through tough times as it cancelled thousands of flights and left more than 300,000 passengers stranded. At the same time Michael Hickey, Chief Operating Officer who served the company for 30 years announced that he is leaving the embattled airline at the end of this month. To be back on track Ryanair has been looking for an efficient executive to take up the position of Hickey.
Full article:

http://newsinflight.com/2017/10/15/ryanair-target-malaysia-airlines-ceo-peter-bellow/

Well, he has kept no secret that he will leave soon and pass the mantle back to a Malaysian

IIRC, he also said he will serve the full contract term.

Well, he has kept no secret that he will leave soon and pass the mantle back to a Malaysian

Which one is more recent? I only read the one which said he will serve the full contract term.

Who in their right mind will publicly announce that they are planning to leave their job if they havent received a firm offer from a competing firm (with the exception of resignation)? Of course PB will say hell continue his full term and would welcome future terms.

Edited by Craig

Who in their right mind will publicly announce that they are planning to leave their job if they havent received a firm offer from a competing firm (with the exception of resignation)? Of course PB will say hell continue his full term and would welcome future terms.

I don't think he said he will seek a renewal of the contract. He mentioned that there was plenty of local talent at MAB, though.

However, going by past experience, the appointments of Malaysian CEOs have nothing to do with their abilities as they are politically motivated appointments.

Edited by flee

There should be another thread now, who to replace Bellew? ;)

However, I know people here are typically extreme pessimists and always assume the worst when it comes to Malaysian GLCs, so not sure whether that thread will be useful :pardon:

There should be another thread now, who to replace Bellew? ;)

However, I know people here are typically extreme pessimists and always assume the worst when it comes to Malaysian GLCs, so not sure whether that thread will be useful :pardon:

GLC business objectives and priority is different from private enterprise, many of its shortfalls are inheritance and self-inflicted, few could do well in level playing field outside the kampung.

Edited by KK Lee

looks like Bellew will be rejoiningRyanair on 1st Dec. Not good for MAB as that means its 2 expatriate CEOs would have leave less than their contracted terms.

Peter Bellew to re-join Ryanair as COO

Peter Bellew returns to Ryanair as chief operations officer

His appointment comes after Michael Hickey stood down following the recent controversy

MAB lost two CEOs without completing their terms. Looks like the airline will have to embrace another change. All the best to Malaysia Airlines and whoever that will be filling the role.

Would a Malaysian fill up the position, or will it be another expat?

What happened to MAB website? Can't access it now. Blank page .....

Perhaps he is the best guy since Idris Jala, the kinda guy who gave hope to Malaysians that he can turn this around. Poor us.

I really like how he interract in social media on his Instagram. Hes really engaging with public and staffs alike.

Wish you all the best Peter. Hopefully wont take long for Governent to find a new guy who can be as good as him.

I wonder if being forced to do that silly photo op for Najib and Boeing for Najibs political expediency was what made it an easier decision to move to Ryanair.

Its easy for foreign corp to fish people out. Many of PB's+Cmueler initiatives got criticize by our very own people brought on by limited cash reserve that cannot be executed for future investment or spending unless further loan or borrowings can be made and needing Khazanah to greenlight them. Might as well leave and work closer at a problematic company nearer to one owns country but with bigger pay when the opportunity comes.

Anyhow believe a few months ago Bellew mentioned a few selected candidates that are primed for the CEO many of them from MAG upper management. However some of them are abroad on study leave and some i believe are from the usual political hoo-hah. MAB's gonna need someone with principle without the waiting for higher pay/benefit progression kind of thinking which is very difficult to acquire in the corporate world.

Edited by jahur

I wonder if being forced to do that silly photo op for Najib and Boeing for Najibs political expediency was what made it an easier decision to move to Ryanair.

The "silly photo op" would have been the easy part :)

Imagine if he had been involved in delicate negotiations for the 330neo with John Leahy, only to have the rug pulled from under his feet by that 789 'promise to negotiate' - big dent to a CEO's standing and there will be a major credibility deficit to overcome the next time he sits down to talk buying aircraft from anyone :D

Perhaps mere speculation on my part, but that offering of a clumsy excuse to justify the rojak like future fleet plans plus that reassurance to Airbus that the 330neo is still in MH's fleet plans (who else on earth negotiate a purchase in such manner ?!) - those aren't particularly sterling efforts to be on record on one's resume (a resume still necessary for one whose employment contract has a finite period of time, remaining) :)

Can't politicians in Malaysia keep their dirty hands to themselves? Reminded me of Christina Perri " who do you think you are, running around leaving scar"... traces of dirty politic really stinks! Sorry about my rant, can't help it.

p/s: moderator, delete if inappropriate.

Sign in to follow this