MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

Peter Bellew

Which explains why MH keeps losing money or don't make much profit given their cost and all that. Good for consumers though. I won't mind flying with 'em and get free meal.

Which is why they're trying to be aggressive in cost control. Let's face it, Malaysia isn't really a premium market where flyers are not price sensitive so they have to do so to take the fight to AirAsia.

Which is why they're trying to be aggressive in cost control. Let's face it, Malaysia isn't really a premium market where flyers are not price sensitive so they have to do so to take the fight to AirAsia.

Believe MH has yet to find the sweet spot on how much premium it could charge before pax choose LCC.

Air Asia is not often cheap, I find. If you are not buying during their discounted sale or heavily discounted sale. Their normal fare isn't that far off from full service carrier.

I would rather fly a full service carrier than with the Bogan bus.

Fully agree with you, long time i never took air asia.... for that few hundreds different, i'll rather take FSC, and that air asia few hundreds different haven't count in the others feeeeeeeeeeeees yet...

Fully agree with you, long time i never took air asia.... for that few hundreds different, i'll rather take FSC, and that air asia few hundreds different haven't count in the others feeeeeeeeeeeees yet...

Same here. Air Asia also doesn't advertise their full fare at first, only showing the basic, once you click then they'll add the tax etc, and then upon check out, credit card surcharge as well. Boycotting Air Asia. Just give NETT and be done with it.

I'm travelling to SG in a few hours, using Jetstar. On my way back tomorrow I'm using MAS as they were the cheapest.

Took one sector on AirAsia this year, due to multiple circumstances rather than by choice. And unhappy with the whole experience. Slowly and happily over the past 3 years, from at least 20 sectors a year, switching all back to FSC. One of next year's resolution would be zero.

Rule # 1 with air travel in Malaysia - always check ALL the airlines that fly the route you intend to fly. AK, MH, OD, maybe even those with 5th freedom rights.

Rule # 1 with air travel in Malaysia - always check ALL the airlines that fly the route you intend to fly. AK, MH, OD, maybe even those with 5th freedom rights.

This week was interesting - AK, OD, and MH were having promos a "zero" fare sales.

I checked prices on all three and OD came out with the lowest bottomline fares - and by quite a big margin too, 30%. MH's promo fare was the most expensive.

Yes, another trick is to use search engines like Skyscanner. Sometimes, booking two single tickets with different airlines will yield the lowest return fares.

Anyway, all this is OT... now back to PB! :rolleyes:

Really depends on your destination, date of travel and your travel needs ( equivalent add-ons - I usually cannot travel with hand carry allowance only, so I cant book raw fare deals, convenience and cost of travel to airport included - a certain credit card offering free cab ride from KLIA to home). On the contrary, this week bought 4 sectors with FY/MH, both being cheapest after factoring in the all the cost for my own travel needs. Apart from skyscanner, traveloka is a good source, offering regular promo codes for flight and hotel booking.

Peter at the CAPA Summit:

• Malaysia has lowest average fares in world at moment. “Some of it is pretty insane”
  • MAS was profitable for second consecutive month in Jan-2017. Still expects loss for 2017
  • Peter Bellew has stopped order for rubber stamps & decided to stop new business card orders for 6 months to save costs this year
  • MAS will continue to offer all in good value bundled fares “I think in Asia it’s a really bad idea to unbundle fares”
  • MAS expects carry 1m additional pax in 2017 and another 1 million addition in 2018. Profits expected 4Q2017 and 2018
  • Bellew confirmed MAS still looking 4 additional wides in late 2017/2018 and 4 more in 2019. As previously stated by CAPA.
  • no slots left anywhere in Asia where want to fly & can make money. MAS to better use slots by up-gauging from 737s
  • I need more wide bodies! At 90%+ load factor and some sectors are sold out for the next three months.
  • MAS currently has 400 apprentices undergoing maintenance training. Sees MRO capacity as a significant obstacle.
  • MAS and lufthansa Technik MRO JV in KL not completed. "There are some terms that we are still not happy with"
  • 95% of all business class travel bookings in Asia are through travel agents. And the share is increasing!
  • LCC or Full Service. Non middle ground for airlines in Asia!

He should go onboard the longhaul flights and try the food himself - It sucks! Timing of meals are also crazy. Was on a flight to AKL recently which is 10.5 hours. Breakfast served about 1.5 hours upon takeoff from KL at 9.15 am and dinner was served about 2 hours before landing in AKL. No snacks in between , have to beg a cabin crew for some biscuits!

He should go onboard the longhaul flights and try the food himself - It sucks! Timing of meals are also crazy. Was on a flight to AKL recently which is 10.5 hours. Breakfast served about 1.5 hours upon takeoff from KL at 9.15 am and dinner was served about 2 hours before landing in AKL. No snacks in between , have to beg a cabin crew for some biscuits!

seriously?

What? No afternoon tea set with scones, clotted cream and strawberry preserve with a selection of fine teas and coffees? No dine-on-demand a la carte menu with 12 main course choices? Horrible!!

Flew 14 hours on QR & I didn't get a snack, either...

give snack box with some biscuits and chips would be fine

why not serve curry puff like on Firefly

Edited by David.W

Been on >10 MH J class flights between KUL - MEL, SYD, KIX and NRT in the last 6 months. These flights are shorter than AKL but I never had to beg for food. After the main meal, the cabin crew are always dropping by to ask if I wanted a pie/noodles/wraps etc from the snacks and light refreshment list. The main 'cost cutting' I've noticed is that only 3 sticks of satay given now instead of 5 previously but they were always happy to pile my plate with more when I ask for seconds hehe. Have I just been very lucky or is your experience a once off MH having a bad day thing?

Been on >10 MH J class flights between KUL - MEL, SYD, KIX and NRT in the last 6 months. These flights are shorter than AKL but I never had to beg for food. After the main meal, the cabin crew are always dropping by to ask if I wanted a pie/noodles/wraps etc from the snacks and light refreshment list. The main 'cost cutting' I've noticed is that only 3 sticks of satay given now instead of 5 previously but they were always happy to pile my plate with more when I ask for seconds hehe. Have I just been very lucky or is your experience a once off MH having a bad day thing?

Poor man like me was on Y class :mellow: not J class like Mr. Arthur Sir :clapping:Even no salt and pepper sachets to go with your omelette and sausage! Even a cup of hot coffee is hard on-board nowadays 'Due to weather conditions we can't serve hot drinks' is very common over the PA system on board.

Plenty of snacks with SQ

Same with EK - plenty of cup noodles outside the normal meals hours.

MAB CEO Peter Bellew seemed to be an open-minded person and I believe he is willing to listen to any suggestions from public on how to make MAB better.

So, why not Malaysiawings organise a meeting with him and all members could say whatever you all have been saying in this forum to him directly.

MAB CEO Peter Bellew seemed to be an open-minded person and I believe he is willing to listen to any suggestions from public on how to make MAB better.

So, why not Malaysiawings organise a meeting with him and all members could say whatever you all have been saying in this forum to him directly.

:good: :good: :good:

I suggest to just post the problem to PB directly. Some members twit/posted direct to TF and got instant reply.

im sure there were many inflight, online surveys etc conducted already, the point is whether actions were taken from those surveys

im sure there were many inflight, online surveys etc conducted already, the point is whether actions were taken from those surveys

If only things can happen at a snap of a finger.

Unfortunately in the real world there are plenty of considerations one must consider before doing anything.

Sign in to follow this