MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

Peter Bellew

Different markets. The US market still have large premium traffic that legacy carriers can cater to. Malaysia is all about low yielding passengers.

What applies to the US doesn't necessarily apply to MY.

Over 70% of me3 pax are transit I.e not o&d from their home base. Why mh is limiting it's customers to mys only not network wide?

Over 70% of me3 pax are transit I.e not o&d from their home base. Why mh is limiting it's customers to mys only not network wide?

ME is strategically located to cater for transit passenger & has always been transit focused. MY isn't as strategically located.

Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Malaysia Airlines appoints new chief commercial officer

Aug 8 Malaysia Airlines said on Monday that it has appointed Arved von zur Muehlen as the new chief commercial officer effective from Sept 5.
Muehlen will take over from the current CCO, Paul Simmons, who will be leaving in mid-September, the airline said in a statement.
Prior to his appointment, Muehlen was the senior vice president of commercial network operations for Qatar Airways.
Malaysia's national carrier, which has been struggling since the disappearance of flight MH370 and the shooting down of flight MH17 over eastern Ukraine, appointed a new chief executive last month.

Malaysia Airlines CEO Peter Bellew said von zur Muehlen will “focus on developing a comprehensive and sustainable plan to improve Malaysia Airlines’ marketing, sales, products and customer service.”

Bellew previously told ATW that load factors need to increase from the 70% to the 80% level in the next 12 to 18 months. Revenue should rise at least seven points over the next few months. “The focus is to sell seats,” he said.
Full report:

Will this be exodus of CM's team?

purely on the basis of their CV, Arved von zur Muehlen seems to have more experience in the airline industry and with legacy/full service airlines (Lufthansa, Swiss and Qatar) compared to Paul Simmons (Easyjet and flybe)

but that's on paper at least, real world performance might differ :)

Malaysia Airlines CEO Peter Bellew said von zur Muehlen will “focus on developing a comprehensive and sustainable plan to improve Malaysia Airlines’ marketing, sales, products and customer service.”

Bellew previously told ATW that load factors need to increase from the 70% to the 80% level in the next 12 to 18 months. Revenue should rise at least seven points over the next few months. “The focus is to sell seats,” he said.
Full report:

“The focus is to sell seats,” he said.....this statement is worrying....

On some regional routes that I was looking at, decided to buy AK as MH price difference is incompatible with the level of service even with lounge access. Not sure PB's right hand knows what his left hand is doing.

Edited by KK Lee

Why?

It sounds as if he was trying to sell the seats whether they would make money or not, at least that is how I interpret it.

If he doesn't address on the high CASM in relation to low RASM it's a never-ending story of MH in the red.

It sounds as if he was trying to sell the seats whether they would make money or not, at least that is how I interpret it.

If he doesn't address on the high CASM in relation to low RASM it's a never-ending story of MH in the red.

How I interpret his statement is that the current average load of 70% is not satisfactory and that he hopes to push for at least 80% for better yield. Hence the goal to sell more seats.

How I interpret his statement is that the current average load of 70% is not satisfactory and that he hopes to push for at least 80% for better yield. Hence the goal to sell more seats.

Yes, CM has focused on the structure - that was why he formalised the the structure with the establishment of MAG. PB now has to look more at the business end of things.

It will be aviation's greatest turnaround, says new Malaysia Airlines CEO

SINGAPORE: He’s got what he himself has called the toughest job in the business today. But nearly two months after taking over the reins at Malaysia Airlines (MAS), Peter Bellew is vowing that this “will be the greatest turnaround in the history of aviation, I’ve no doubt about it”.
Public relations optimism, a rallying call, or simply the confidence of a man with a working plan?
In his first sit-down television interview since becoming chief executive on July 1, 2016, Mr Bellew – who joined MAS in September 2015 as chief operating officer – goes into detail on why the plan will work, and is working.
“It’s attention to detail on all areas, but particularly on the cost side,” he said. “Like how much do we pay the guy who puts the fuel in the aircraft? If you’re buying nasi lemak in Shanghai, what do you pay over there?”
More:

If this doesn't work then MAB needs to get the other Irishman... Alan Joyce.

Sort of like AJ ver.2 eh ? :)

(one wonders how AJ ver.1 is coping nowadays ?)

If this doesn't work then MAB needs to get the other Irishman... Alan Joyce.

Nope sorry, Alan Joyce is gay and makes him an easy target to get rid of for some people in Malaysia

As confirmed by the spies at the MH Rumour Department, PB has launched his attack to claim back the iron throne.

The winter is coming.

Love the new campaign.

14139382_10155231988836509_1346160309_o.jpg

14114548_10155231988966509_1653345796_o.jpg

As confirmed by the spies at the MH Rumour Department, PB has launched his attack to claim back the iron throne.

The winter is coming.

Love the new campaign.

Cheeky... and aimed directly at the "Bogan's" bus :)

Air Asia is not often cheap, I find. If you are not buying during their discounted sale or heavily discounted sale. Their normal fare isn't that far off from full service carrier.

I would rather fly a full service carrier than with the Bogan bus.

Air Asia is not often cheap, I find. If you are not buying during their discounted sale or heavily discounted sale. Their normal fare isn't that far off from full service carrier.

I would rather fly a full service carrier than with the Bogan bus.

That's why we need mh to keep bogan bus and me3 price low.

It depends on when you buy the ticket or when you want to travel. Often times, both offer competitive fares. Best for us consumers to to have choices.

That being said, Malindo is now pricing themselves out of the market, their ticket is exorbitantly high nowadays since they switched to premium carrier. Often times more than MH. They recently add on admin charges fee and advanced booking fee, am not sure what are they intended for....

4uea8l.jpg

Did a comparison recently between AirAsia and Malaysia Airlines for KUL-SGN 11th-15th June 2017. For AirAsia, I included 30kg and credit card fee as fair comparison. Malaysia Airlines comes out as winner.....

2dcicu0.jpgsy5mp3.jpg

It depends on when you buy the ticket or when you want to travel. Often times, both offer competitive fares. Best for us consumers to to have choices.

Malaysia Airlines comes out as winner.....

This is true even when AirAsia is doing its zero fare promo across many destinations, during peak or off-peak travel periods. Its base fare is only sometimes within LCC range, but once the add-ons are included, most of the time its more expensive than MH or only marginally cheaper, which is not worth the check-in to furthest gate 2km walk (informed to me by one of the buggy driver) in KLIA2 (oops LCCT). For those reasons, I now rarely fly the red one compared to a few years ago.

Sign in to follow this