MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
David.W

Proposal: Passengers-Only Airport Terminals in Malaysia

I'd always thought that domestic immigration check is much less strigent than international check.

Believe it or not, I once gave a wrong boarding pass at KUL but somehow I still able to clear all immigration without any obstacle.

Omg LiRen! You cant be joking right?

I was travelling from KUL to MYY. Before boarding, I realised that I was holding the MYY-LMN boarding pass. :shok:

Did MAHB or police closed off one of two drop off lanes at klia2? I was flying out on last Thursday, they only allowed drop off at second drop-off lane. Not sure if it is because of vip arrival or safety upgrading.

Also I used airasia app to check in with e boarding pass. No one bothers to check until boarding gate. The police, the immigration officer, security check station. I was only ask to show e-boarding pass during boarding. Even that the stewardess just said "ok to board", no scanning of barcode at all. I was asked by ground crew who boarded the aircraft to check if I had indeed boarded the flight. I can see big loopholes here.

Btw, I saw quite a number of police present at the check in counters, some were doing random check, good job police!

It was also closed on Sunday

I saw it. more police walking around

Edited by David.W

The authorities should tighten its border controls to stamp out smuggling of weapons into the country.

Surely you cant smuggle weapons through our Malaysian Airports. Our airports have one of the most tight passenger security screening in the world.

Surely you cant smuggle weapons through our Malaysian Airports. Our airports have one of the most tight passenger security screening in the world.

Baggage scanner at KUL is among the most advanced. If $ or jewellery is in the bag, for certain to be picked up.

Edited by KK Lee

There are police dogs who frequently wait for flights coming from Amsterdam to sniff out drugs. Didn't know about the DVD dogs!!

they caught me with a pocket Victorinox swiss army knife

I genuinely made a mistake to put it in hand luggage when its should be check in. So I had no pocket knife for my trip to Mulu, Sarawak.

:sorry:

Told ya. Malaysia Airports security are one of the tightest. So there's no need to follow these rules at other country where the condition a lot worst than ours.

they caught me with a pocket Victorinox swiss army knife

I genuinely made a mistake to put it in hand luggage when its should be check in. So I had no pocket knife for my trip to Mulu, Sarawak.

:sorry:

This is so true. I was on a flight from LHR to KBR, transiting in KUL once. I didn't know I had my Victorinox swiss knife in my computer bag, and I went through Heathrow security without any problem. When I was going through KLIA security check during transit to domestic flight, I was stopped and asked to surrender my knife. My only little gripe was that KLIA insisted on confiscating my knife - but what to do! Kena surrender the knife with my name engraved on it ...

This is so true. I was on a flight from LHR to KBR, transiting in KUL once. I didn't know I had my Victorinox swiss knife in my computer bag, and I went through Heathrow security without any problem. When I was going through KLIA security check during transit to domestic flight, I was stopped and asked to surrender my knife. My only little gripe was that KLIA insisted on confiscating my knife - but what to do! Kena surrender the knife with my name engraved on it ...

My Victorinox once made it through security in TPE and arrived in KUL for a transit too.

I'm quite thankful I realised its existence while in the lounge. Went to the transfer desk to see if they can help but they are not helpful at all, and even advised against me going out landside to check it in.

I still have 1 hour 15 mins before the next flight to go so I dashed out, went through (the empty) immigration, up to (the empty) departure to have it checked in in my backpack then went through security and immigration again to go back air side. All these done in 20 minutes including having to change some MYR and get my backpack wrapped as I do not have extra padlock, and I still have some time to grab another bowl of laksa before the next flight.

For once I'm quite grateful of the efficiency (and emptiness) of KUL.

My Victorinox once made it through security in TPE and arrived in KUL for a transit too.

I'm quite thankful I realised its existence while in the lounge. Went to the transfer desk to see if they can help but they are not helpful at all, and even advised against me going out landside to check it in.

I still have 1 hour 15 mins before the next flight to go so I dashed out, went through (the empty) immigration, up to (the empty) departure to have it checked in in my backpack then went through security and immigration again to go back air side. All these done in 20 minutes including having to change some MYR and get my backpack wrapped as I do not have extra padlock, and I still have some time to grab another bowl of laksa before the next flight.

For once I'm quite grateful of the efficiency (and emptiness) of KUL.

For KLIA, it actually depends on your luck. If you were to have meet the peak period, good luck man......the lines will be very very long.

Sign in to follow this