MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
V Wong

MAB to Operate Some Leisure Flights from KLIA2/LCCT2 Beginning 2017

I don't see why should there be any confusion. Other airlines have operated out of two different airports for years - like BA out of LHR & LGW.

If you look at the history of British airlines and airports, the current situation with BA is the product of mergers and acquisitions.

Most of the BA operations at LGW is the result of their acquisition of British Caledonian. BA also had its charter subsidiary, British Airtours, operating out of LGW. Historically, LGW was built to cater for charter and leisure flights. So the people are well used to the idea of going to LGW for such flights.

I never use KLIA2, but I heard complaints about transferring from KLIA2 to KLIA. From what I gather, the transport system from KLIA2 to KLIA was not that good..

I never use KLIA2, but I heard complaints about transferring from KLIA2 to KLIA. From what I gather, the transport system from KLIA2 to KLIA was not that good..

Its a lot better than from the original LCCT.

klia2 is connected to MTB on the KLIA Ekspress train line but you will need to pay RM2 - no free service between terminals like at many international airports.

OMG OMG OMG I really hope that PB will make a huge fuss about this news. I think he has such a potential to becoming Uncle Tony v.2.0.

jani was defending that KLIA2 is not a LCCT to death, and now the minister said that MH can't moved to KLIA2 because it is not a LCC. What a c-up!

Sigh. Please read what I said properly...

Its a lot better than from the original LCCT.

klia2 is connected to MTB on the KLIA Ekspress train line but you will need to pay RM2 - no free service between terminals like at many international airports.

But you still have to clear customs and immigration, wait and take the train to T2. Can you imagine what a nightmare this will be? This could easily add unnecessary 60 minutes to your journey.

Macam ini how MAB Group can make decent profit la, adui. Keep going back and forth. Tak habis habis...

Just bring back the freaking Firefly jet, move all leisure and charter driven routes to them, off load older B737NG to FY v2, voila PB, you have your game.

But you still have to clear customs and immigration, wait and take the train to T2. Can you imagine what a nightmare this will be? This could easily add unnecessary 60 minutes to your journey.

The immigration lines for foreigners at KLIA2 aka LCCT is beyond any realm of conscience. You might want to add two hours to your transit time.....

Yeah, another reason why KLIA is still a long way behind the services that are offered at Changi in Singapore. Perhaps it is also a reason why MAB is not doing well too - its home airport is not as helpful to facilitate its plans.

I don't see why should there be any confusion. Other airlines have operated out of two different airports for years - like BA out of LHR & LGW.

If kul t1 couldn't cope with mh capacity, it is understandable to operate from a few terminals like while kul was at mh was operating from t1, t2 and t3. Believe there is no advantage but additional expenses for mh to operate from t1 and t2 at kul.

If mh need a lower pax tax to compete with ak mean "full service" by mh is valued cheaper than rm32 by pax.

To increase productivity and efficiency, pb should be asking to move all a333 docking to MTB.

KUL has potential but MAHB is trying its best to screw things up. I still cannot believe you have to pay RM2 to get a train from KLIA2 to MTB. This is beyond a joke. How are

they expecting KUL to grow if they are screwing up transit passengers like that. The mentality is so poor. This is why you can't have government appointees (with no experience in a particular field) heading these companies. Lingkup lah like dat

Edited by Izanee

Why is there no airside aerotrain between MTB and klia2?

This will allow hassle free transfer airside- no need to collect luggage and clear immigration, no need to re-check in.

I really don't get this talk about transiting passengers switching from klia2 to MTB. It's not like MH can't minimize inconvenience by ensuring that only flights with high O&D traffic are operated out of klia2 while those that's often filled with transit traffic are operated from MTB.

They do have that information, you know.

I really don't get this talk about transiting passengers switching from klia2 to MTB. It's not like MH can't minimize inconvenience by ensuring that only flights with high O&D traffic are operated out of klia2 while those that's often filled with transit traffic are operated from MTB.

They do have that information, you know.

What advantage mh could gain from operating some flight from klia2?

Why is there no airside aerotrain between MTB and klia2?

Because GST is at 6%. Maybe an increase to 7% might cover the cost of construction ;)

Paying MYR2 to get between KLIA and KLIA2 is nothing! Try transferring in SYD between international and domestic terminals. You'll be paying AUD5.50 (about MYR 16)!

Because GST is at 6%. Maybe an increase to 7% might cover the cost of construction ;)

Actually the real answer lies in an increase in PSC, not GST ;)

Sign in to follow this