MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
V Wong

MAB to Operate Some Leisure Flights from KLIA2/LCCT2 Beginning 2017

Not sure why people worrying about lounges of all things.. They will simply agree a deal with Plaza Premium

Not sure why people worrying about lounges of all things.. They will simply agree a deal with Plaza Premium

I want my laksa bar obviously :acute: And again, doesn't seem like a "cost-saving" measure when they have to pay a 3rd party lounge in their own hub for a sub-par (IMHO) offering.

Edited by Ashley Lee

Because it is an integral part of the entire experience.

Plaza premium KLIA2 will not do. Sorry.

I was just recently at KIX and looking at KLIA2's Plaza Premium Lounge (Google Image Search), it looks to be worlds better than the lounge I was directed to by gate N13 (flying with MH).

I was just recently at KIX and looking at KLIA2's Plaza Premium Lounge (Google Image Search), it looks to be worlds better than the lounge I was directed to by gate N13 (flying with MH).

Likely this 3rd party lounge at KIX charge cheaper than JL lounge.

While we are comparing lounges, can we compare the 3rd party lounge at MLE to the much better the Pier F lounge in HKG too?

Edited by Craig

I want my laksa bar obviously :acute: And again, doesn't seem like a "cost-saving" measure when they have to pay a 3rd party lounge in their own hub for a sub-par (IMHO) offering.

Don't get me wrong, I agree completely.

My point is that that will be how they "solve" this issue. Pretty straightforward.

Anyway, here's hoping that as further details are released, we'll hear more on the lines of 'with the introduction of Firefly Jet' or something.

While we are comparing lounges, can we compare the 3rd party lounge at MLE to the much better the Pier F lounge in HKG too?

Please be more realistic. The Araliya lounge at CMB vs the LH FCT is a better comparison.

I do hope it will be something similar to Silkair. I would like to see a return of Firefly jets. The difference in branding will help clear confusion as it will be clear what those leisure flights are. Flights to Langkawi, Pukhet, Bali could be these leisure flights?

Don't get me wrong, I agree completely.

My point is that that will be how they "solve" this issue. Pretty straightforward.

Anyway, here's hoping that as further details are released, we'll hear more on the lines of 'with the introduction of Firefly Jet' or something.

The conundrum is tricky: but as long as it is MH coded, MH operated, and so long as MH is a member of oneworld - then the standard benefits have got to apply. The way around it is of course like you say - "firefly jet". The closest analog in my memory is TG and WE (thaismile)

Please be more realistic. The Araliya lounge at CMB vs the LH FCT is a better comparison.

That's a good fight. Another close fight would be Coral CNX vs Al-Safwa. :D

Malaysia Airlines tries to regain lost market share, lower fares seen
http://www.thestar.com.my/business/business-news/2016/07/20/ceo-no-more-cuts/

Summary of sorts
1) Head and route culling exercise over, at least for now
2) Presence at KLIA2 is still at 'all systems go' status, regardless of opinions negative overall
3) BKI and KCH likely to have new flights introduced, tantalizingly "North Asian"
4) Planes are not being populated sufficiently, why the heck are we not selling more ?
5) "Handling" was 50% higher than should be, "Catering" was 20% over priced, "Fuel" ..... well, could have gone either way really
6) Crew not getting redressed yet, maybe "next year"

but I guess the most striking bit is

The Malaysian Aviation Commission (Mavcom) is working on new PSC charges, which it expects to announce by year-end. Bellew said if the charges stayed much higher at KLIA, then MAS would move to KLIA2

​Can you imagine AK/D7 sharing KLIA2 with MH ? Heck, that will necessitate construction of KLIA3 ! Whoopee !

BC - i purposely ignored that piece from The Star as I think it lacks credibility and the reporter simply misinterpreted that bit about the PSC and MH moving to KLIA2 because of that. Looking at the writeups from other sources, I dont believe that was what the CEO actually meant.

A380s to LHR as usual next yr. They only exit (if at all) from 2018.

Sorry, I wasn't clear - what I had meant was what will happen to the A380 flights next year if MAB moves completely over to klia2 to take advantage of the lower airport charges? klia2 can only support limited numbers of A333 sized aircraft.

The yields on the LHR runs using the 359s will in all likelihood improve for MH. But for the bargain hunters, there will be less discounted fares on offer as there simply arent as much surplus capacity as we see now with the 380s.

I think the ME3 will fight hard to retain their market share. EK is increasing capacity into KUL - so supply will go up even more if MAB cuts its capacity.

MAB has a big problem in that it is finding it hard to dispose of the A380. I think that the A380s will be viable on the LHR route during peak travel periods. Should the A380s still be in the fleet in 2018, they will have to find a way to juggle them into profitable operations. By having the A350s, MAB has more flexibility to reduce capacity when demand is low and to inject more capacity when demand is high.

With Airasia X planning to return to Europe in 2018, travellers will have some interesting options. MH and D7 on non-stop services while the ME has one stop services to temp travellers. And the joker in the pack will still be the price of oil...

Sorry, I wasn't clear - what I had meant was what will happen to the A380 flights next year if MAB moves completely over to klia2 to take advantage of the lower airport charges? klia2 can only support limited numbers of A333 sized aircraft.

Those entitled to travel mh j class e.g senior civil servants are unlikely to endorse mh moves to klia2. They will put the CEO head on a silver plate if he insists.

A350 being 4-class almost certainly means it is targeted to be the replacement for the A380.

A bit sad really, that our new flagship is just SQ's workhorse ;)

Too bad - this is the result of years of mismanagement and abuse. MH did not get to this state in one day!

Those entitled to travel mh j class e.g senior civil servants are unlikely to endorse mh moves to klia2. They will put the CEO head on a silver plate if he insists.

But MAHB insists that klia2 is not a LCCT. So what will be the reason for the fury?

Too bad - this is the result of years of mismanagement and abuse. MH did not get to this state in one day!

But MAHB insists that klia2 is not a LCCT. So what will be the reason for the fury?

Don't expect senior civil servants and glc executive to mingle with low down foreign workers and short pans and flippers wearing travellers. Edited by KK Lee

Klia2 For Low Cost Airlines - Liow

KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 5 (Bernama) -- Malaysia Airlines Berhad (MAS) can enjoy lower tax and operate from low cost terminal KLIA2, if it operates as a low cost carrier, said Transport Minister Datuk Seri Liow Tiong Lai.

He said giving lower taxes to low cost airlines had always been government policy in supporting the sector.

“So I don’t see why MAS wants to question this at this moment. Unless MAS wants to fly as a low-cost carrier then they can enjoy lower airport tax.

“In the past, MAS also had a low-cost airline, so we welcome MAS to operate a low-cost airline,” he told reporters after the launch of Perlindungan & Indemniti Malaysia Sdn Bhd (P&I Malaysia), a government initiated maritime insurance for small vessels here today.

He said this in response to MAS CEO Peter Bellew’s persistent call for the government to standardise the passenger service charge at both airports.

Bellew had reportedly said that MAS was considering to move some of its flights from KL International Airport (KLIA) to klia2 following higher tax imposed at KLIA which had impacted the national carrier’s profits.

Edited by flee

OMG OMG OMG I really hope that PB will make a huge fuss about this news. I think he has such a potential to becoming Uncle Tony v.2.0.

jani was defending that KLIA2 is not a LCCT to death, and now the minister said that MH can't moved to KLIA2 because it is not a LCC. What a c-up!

jani was defending that KLIA2 is not a LCCT to death, and now the minister said that MH can't moved to KLIA2 because it is not a LCC. What a c-up!

Well, at least KLIA2 wasn't built with taxpayers' money ;)

The minister just did MH a favour - imagine the confusion that will be caused by MH operating from both terminals.

It is time for MH to either convert itself into an LCC or relaunch Firefly jet to operate these leisure routes.

The minister just did MH a favour - imagine the confusion that will be caused by MH operating from both terminals.It is time for MH to either convert itself into an LCC or relaunch Firefly jet to operate these leisure routes.

I don't see why should there be any confusion. Other airlines have operated out of two different airports for years - like BA out of LHR & LGW.

Sign in to follow this