MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

AirAsia Renamed KLIA2 to LCCT2

I think this is childish. MAHB should just ignore Air Asia's latest stunt.

indeed, funny a company that is so cost conscious is actually spending money for such unnecessary re-branding...but then again its AirAsia, "they're always right" (so they say that is.....)

I think what they planned to do.. Rename the terminal to lcct2, then the whole world bought into the new name. Then AK will demand "now you call it lcct, take away the aerobridges, lower the fees.", now that the whole world is calling it LCCT2.

I told my bosses to rename AirAsia in return :D

Hah hah hah :D

Imagine if it escalates to point where 'Air Asia' and logo are replaced with "THAT AIRLINE" on FIDs at MAHB airports :)

I think what they planned to do.. Rename the terminal to lcct2, then the whole world bought into the new name. Then AK will demand "now you call it lcct, take away the aerobridges, lower the fees.", now that the whole world is calling it LCCT2.

My exact sentiment too, or if you can't rename it then we demanded a LCCT!

Hah hah hah :D

Imagine if it escalates to point where 'Air Asia' and logo are replaced with "THAT AIRLINE" on FIDs at MAHB airports :)

You should know by now that AirAsia is hardly LCC, so why name it LCCT?

I am not sure what kind of stunt AK is playing now. They seems to come up with one issue after another and has been behaving like a spoiled brat.

They will be seen more and more as aloof and arrogant if they continue along this path.

So if we want klia to be a bigger LCC hub, maybe the ministry could consider giving operating licences to Nok or Tigerair to set-up local units in M'sia so that they can also operate domestically, amongst others. That would make Airasia "happy" that it no longer has a monopoly on the local LCC scene. And maybe we will have less drama-queen antics from the Red one.

So if we want klia to be a bigger LCC hub, maybe the ministry could consider giving operating licences to Nok or Tigerair to set-up local units in M'sia so that they can also operate domestically, amongst others. That would make Airasia "happy" that it no longer has a monopoly on the local LCC scene. And maybe we will have less drama-queen antics from the Red one.

Actually looking forward for that kind of competition too. My two cents worth...

The problem that i see is that once we have Tiger and Nok in, saturation will be at a high level - and more antics may pop up.

Sad to see Rayani go. Also still waiting to see if Mojo will ever get their mojo around.

totally agreed with this one.... if only AK start to falter and turn into red only then i believe they will move their hub to DMK.

Btw what is the benefit of changing this KLIA2 to LCCT2 ? Will the tix price for AK becoming cheaper or the efficiency of the airport become better / less water pounding? endless possibilities.. :D

LCC connotation of low cost = cheap. Not so, for me. Over the past 12 months, my travel with AirAsia group has dropped tremendously, to a grand total of 2 sectors. For my travel needs, FSCs are providing better value at the moment.

Whether is named lcct2, klia2 or terminal 2, is the same poorly designed, pax unfriendly and airline inefficient terminal.

Whether is named lcct2, klia2 or terminal 2, is the same poorly designed, pax unfriendly and airline inefficient terminal.

Thank you summary. Some of us here needs to take a business course before commenting.

Thank you summary. Some of us here needs to take a business course before commenting.

The row could be a pretext for the highest authority to rename it to some neutral name like Simba, Mufasa, Scar or Gloria terminal. A happy ending for both mahb and ak, and opportunity to spend some $$$ on promotion and celebration. Edited by KK Lee

Instead of MAHB understanding "low-cost business", why not Tan Sri TF and his ilk try discover/understand 'why' MAHB need to do as it does ?! :)

Not that I'm saying one is right, the other wrong (that would drain all the juiciness away) :D

Theoretically, if you have a business leader worth his/her salt, it's either

1) no cost is ever low enough - better still you pay me for serving me

2) you like, you pay; you don't like, still pay

Edited by BC Tam

Bingo

Bingo

If ak takes over klia2/lcct2/t2, it will charge extra for use of walkalator, buggy transfer, security fast lane, priority baggage delivery, check in, No take away from eatery, etc.

There is certaintly no need to rename KLIA2 to avoid any confusion to esp international travelers and AK spending all these unnecessary money and effort in so doing which can go towards to offsetting its air fares. The primary reason I can see why Air Asia is doing that is to try his hardest to get back some concessions or discounts as do believe they still owe MAB some millions in past fees etc that it had not paid due to their disagreements with MAB. But on fares, yes Air Asia is not as cheap as one would think as have gotten twice MAS airfare to Melbourne return which were cheaper than Air Asia X this year!!

Clearly AK just having a laugh. Looks like to be done in jest.

Bad joke, though.

Edited by jani

Sign in to follow this