MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
lionel

Malindo Aircraft & Fleet Discussion

Yes, I have also heard of some routes in which Malindo has applied for.. and certainly not doable with 737s ;)

Excited to see Malindo's A330s at KLIA!

A330 production list is now showing MSN1816 being assigned to Malindo/ Batik Air Malaysia. Being premium carrier, we should be seeing mix of J and Y class. Unlike JT's, 440Y!

Interesting info there Julius; i wonder what livery they will adopt for the OD 1st A333.

A330 production list is now showing MSN1816 being assigned to Malindo/ Batik Air Malaysia. Being premium carrier, we should be seeing mix of J and Y class. Unlike JT's, 440Y!

Yes, but the list that I saw did not have engines specified. I suppose it would be the same as those RR Trent 772B-60's that are fitted on JT's A333. I also wonder if it will be painted in Batik colours....

Interesting info there Julius; i wonder what livery they will adopt for the OD 1st A333.

Oh no...Malindo? Batik? Batik Air Malaysia?

Oh no...Malindo? Batik? Batik Air Malaysia?

Malindo is planned to be renamed Batik Air Malaysia; but wonder if the renaming exercise will took place, as the newly delivered B738 (9M-LNZ) previously don the Batik Air Malaysia logo is now replaced with Malindo logo.

IMHO; it is better to stick with Malindo, Let it became a unique brand under the Lion Air Group.

Just curious though, How many A330-300 that OD plan to acquire?

These a330s were the ones meant to replace the cancelled 787s right? If i'm not mistaken they did planned for OD to have some 787s originally.

For the branding part i think it's due to the fact that Lion Air Groups wanted to limit their own brands, and convert OD into FSC like Batik Air, from what it is now which is a hybrid carrier. They have Lion Air, Batik Air, Wings Air, so they might as well streamlined it to 1 brand so that bookings will be easier.

Wonder what will happen to Atr ops, will they convert into Batik Air brands too? Imagine the atrs with the Batik tails..

IMHO; it is better to stick with Malindo, Let it became a unique brand under the Lion Air Group.

Just curious though, How many A330-300 that OD plan to acquire?

I think the Malindo brand has a good reputation in Malaysia. Definitely no worse than MAB.

As for the A330 orders, nothing has been mentioned. Lion Air's original order for 3 of these are all delivered. The Airbus orders and deliveries data shows nothing outstanding for Lion Air nor Malindo. So there is a good chance that this aircraft is coming from a lessor's order book. I would imagine that they need at least two for reliable services to be launched.

These a330s were the ones meant to replace the cancelled 787s right? If i'm not mistaken they did planned for OD to have some 787s originally.

For the branding part i think it's due to the fact that Lion Air Groups wanted to limit their own brands, and convert OD into FSC like Batik Air, from what it is now which is a hybrid carrier. They have Lion Air, Batik Air, Wings Air, so they might as well streamlined it to 1 brand so that bookings will be easier.

Wonder what will happen to Atr ops, will they convert into Batik Air brands too? Imagine the atrs with the Batik tails..

Yup; AFAIK the A333s are the replacement for the cancelled Dreamliners. Not just OD, they even planning to equip ID with Dreamliners too.

However Lion Air group cancelled the order, and they took A333 instead. Currently they had 3 A333 in fleet.

I think the Malindo brand has a good reputation in Malaysia. Definitely no worse than MAB.

As for the A330 orders, nothing has been mentioned. Lion Air's original order for 3 of these are all delivered. The Airbus orders and deliveries data shows nothing outstanding for Lion Air nor Malindo. So there is a good chance that this aircraft is coming from a lessor's order book. I would imagine that they need at least two for reliable services to be launched.

I do agree with you flee

If malindo take it they'll be no crew to fly it. Same case with lion group confusing liveries, painter didnt get the latest memo.

So many rumours - so we just wait and see what becomes of it... but chances are good that Malindo won't be having it. They are in some trouble internally and business is not that great to justify more aircraft and expansion.

Is Malindo doing really bad? I took 2 flights with them recently, and the loads were very light - 20 plus pax for both ways. Last month I also took a couple of Firefly flights - approximately 50% load. Over capacity for Subang?

Is Malindo doing really bad? I took 2 flights with them recently, and the loads were very light - 20 plus pax for both ways. Last month I also took a couple of Firefly flights - approximately 50% load. Over capacity for Subang?

Malindo's ATR operation has always been bleeding and they dip the promo price so low when SZB is having excess capacity just to fill in seats, loss making Firefly took preliminary caution by not expanding and keeping base price in check.

As for the 737 loads are good to ASEAN and India with the current added china charter as well but east Malaysia ops are loss making except peak period, dont think they can sustain KCH+BKI with 3-4 flights a day with less than 70 pax each flights. Top on by unreliable scheduling and OTP, people over here are regularly avoid OD nowadays unless the price is below ak and you have no ongoing journey beyond KUL.

Edited by jahur

Hey guys and gals, how many B737-900ER does Malindo or Batik Air Malaysia has now?

Last checked they only used them on KUL-PER route?

Hey guys and gals, how many B737-900ER does Malindo or Batik Air Malaysia has now?

Last checked they only used them on KUL-PER route?

6 planes but it seems only 5 are active.

The 739ER's can appear on any route but KTM, DPS OD305/306, TPE and HAN all see them regular.

PER is just a lottery...OD151/152 is currently scheduled to be a 739. This week Wednesday, Thursday and Friday it was a 739 but today it was an ETDO 738, there's no rhyme or logical with OD.

The 739ER's can appear on any route but KTM, DPS OD305/306, TPE and HAN all see them regular.

PER is just a lottery...OD151/152 is currently scheduled to be a 739. This week Wednesday, Thursday and Friday it was a 739 but today it was an ETDO 738, there's no rhyme or logical with OD.

agreed

Have seen them pop up in Singapore and Langkawi as well

Apologies if this is old news...saw -LND and -LNZ parked adjacent to the domestic gates this morning and both have had their large Malindo stickers removed, revealing their Batik branding. -LCD still carries her Malindo titles though.