MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

MAB New Uniform by Farah Khan

Ahhh....That's why CM said too many designs and colours to maintain...

Ya the lighter blue...

The yellowish brown jacket on the senior male ground staff should go...it does look kinda old fashion...

A nationwide competition is probably the worst idea for the new uniform.

That the end result would be like the Kuala Lumpur city logo competition.

change of uniform maybe the worst idea to be implemented given the current state of the airline, how do you know Farah Khan design will be the best?

its obvious..no reason to deny it

Nationwide competition is not as cheap as it sounds. With the designing a new uniform, a lot needs to be taken into consideration.

That the end result would be like the Kuala Lumpur city logo competition.

Was that a competition?

Was that a competition?

no it's not http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2016/04/29/much-criticised-kl-logo-stays-says-tourism-bureau/

Nationwide competition is not as cheap as it sounds. With the designing a new uniform, a lot needs to be taken into consideration.

you just need to pay one time cost being the prize to the winner which may not even worth more than Rm10k and MAB keeps the copyright and need not pay multi million RM to some "elite" designer, well known designers charge more for their brand rather than their design or quality most of the time

you just need to pay one time cost being the prize to the winner which may not even worth more than Rm10k and MAB keeps the copyright and need not pay multi million RM to some "elite" designer, well known designers charge more for their brand rather than their design or quality most of the time

While the likes of EK, SQ, AF and GA used designer uniforms, do you think MH should go cheap and do a nationwide competition? That would be great for their branding.

Selected uniforms and their designers:

Air France - Christian Lacroix (previous designs by Balenciaga and Dior)

Virgin Atlantic - Vivienne Westwood

Singapore Airlines - Balmain

Alitalia - (previous design by Georgio Armani)

Etihad Airways - Ettore Billota

British Airways - Julien Macdonald

Emirates - Simon Jersey

Qantas - Martin Grant

MH current kebaya - an unnamed ITM student (but soon will upgrade to Farah Khan)

Mueller said that the change is initiated by the cabin crew themselves. I guess I can understand that. When you see your neighbour wearing Balmain, and you are stuck with ITM clothes for decades, it hurts the morale and and the pride as an unofficial ambassador of the country.

Argument on cost:

If the loss making Alitalia can give their crew Georgio Armani uniform...

Actually, a competition is not a bad thing either. But to get the best of it, it should be done on a global scale, not some cheap nationwide competition. Invite big designers to participate but MH set the budget before hand to ensure the outcome is per expectation.

While the likes of EK, SQ, AF and GA used designer uniforms, do you think MH should go cheap and do a nationwide competition? That would be great for their branding.

stop living in dreamland, MH is not even financially comparable to those airlines and RM6b of tax payers money ought not to be used to enrich any particular individual..its very ironic from CM statement to the press recently that the airline needs to cut cost everyday and still spending on something unnecessary..im sure change of uniform is not the priority from customer's point of view..typical malay mentality "menang sorak kampung tergadai"

If you read Reply #23, it comes from the employees themselves. After MH17 and MH370, any changes are good things for MH to move forward.

GA wasn't even in a great financial form when they introduced new uniform and livery. Only after that, they gained their footing.

Perhaps they should go low profile with the uniform change.

If you read Reply #23, it comes from the employees themselves. After MH17 and MH370, any changes are good things for MH to move forward.

GA wasn't even in a great financial form when they introduced new uniform and livery. Only after that, they gained their footing.

as far as i can recall GA did not lay off 6000 employees for the sake of having new uniform

Glad to hear that they will remain with the kebaya.... also, a good move for choosing local designer rather than foreign ones.

as far as i can recall GA did not lay off 6000 employees for the sake of having new uniform

Seriously, I'm not going to reply you back and forth, and learn how to type properly.

Seriously, I'm not going to reply you back and forth, and learn how to type properly.

nobody asked you to..dont need to teach a lawyer to write or draft properly..its my bread n butter........

nobody asked you to..dont need to teach a lawyer to write or draft properly..its my bread n butter........

Okay Mr. lawyer.. calm down.. Some capitals and apostrophe would definitely be easier for the eyes. :)

Sign in to follow this