MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Tom/PER

-MTB damaged in Melbourne

MH don't seem to have to much luck in Melbourne.

Saw a report that -MTB suffered a damaged door during a pushback incident on the 1st April.

Beleive it currently in the hangars there awaiting a replacement door, not sure if it's L1 or L2.

Indeed MTB is stuck in Melbourne.

L1 door from what I've seen - door frame has been sealed and wrapped over with blue plastic.

Indeed MTB is stuck in Melbourne.

L1 door from what I've seen - door frame has been sealed and wrapped over with blue plastic.

Yep it's still stuck in MEL, with L1 taped over in blue plastic saw a photo of it earlier.

Wonder why they just can't take the door off -MTJ which is currently in the hangar at KL presumably undergoing J and Y+ refurb.

If it is just the doorissue, it is possible. There could also be a chain of issues....such as the hinges, fuselage structure around the door, skin panels etc.

slightly off topic, but speaking of MTB, does anyone know to what extent the damage is and how long it'll be in melbourne?

slightly off topic, but speaking of MTB, does anyone know to what extent the damage is and how long it'll be in melbourne?

I am not sure on the extend of the damage but the issue is non-availability of spares. No ETS yet

Rumour goes....

About push back time.

Passengers still boarding.

Ground staff removed chocks.

Aircraft rolled.

Door damaged on aerobridge.

I wonder, if this is the case, who then is responsible for the damage? MAB? or Melbourne airport? or ?? Just curious

interesting. nothing much has been discussed on the melbourne spotters page regarding MTB.

Not sure what luck MH had at Melbourne. Earlier last year was MTA severely damaged in Melbourne due to heavy landing and was ferried back to KL via Darwin. Fingers crossed nothing serious has happened to MTB.

I wonder, if this is the case, who then is responsible for the damage? MAB? or Melbourne airport? or ?? Just curious

Aircraft on ground is the responsibility of Engineering and/or ground handler, not airport authority. Expected ETS now on 21 April

A photo appeared on the Australia Aircraft Spotters facebook page of it parked up with blue plastic on L1, looked quite sad.

Fingers crossed they'll also replace the grey No#2 engine cowling it's been sporting for a while now too which looks like it came off a -MK* A333.

it took SQ even almost 5 months to get back one of its A330 back into service after the nose gear collapse during maintenance at the gate shearing door 1L

Did it fly back to KL unpressurised?

It still hasn't re-entered service so beginning to wonder if it's sustained additional damage, 3 weeks to replace a door seems a tad excessive

She's back in service. Operated last night's 149 to MEL, all fixed and also at the same time now has the new J seats. That makes 4 refitted now in this order: MTL, MTI, MTJ and MTB.

Sign in to follow this