MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Ja Singh

Malaysia Airlines improvement ideas

Hi Folks

just starting a thread on ideas on improvement for MH services.Hopefully someone will read and improvise some of them.Please add on other ideas that you may have seen on other airlines.

1. Air fresheners in toilets (99 cents retail solid blocks) as seen on QF and AI. Really makes a whole of difference to the toilets.

2. Dispenser type Mouth rinse in toilets with little cuplets (cuplets exist on MH toilets)as seen on SQ

3.Fragrant towelettes to freshen up on dinner tray as on TG

4.single mint on dinners tray as seen on Air India

5. Salt and pepper as per all other airlines

6, Mini size coke cans,soda cans sprite and,wine bottle as per QF instead of clumsy looking gigantic wine bottles.

7.Roll given out on all services on Qantas is actually garlic bread (roll which contains garlic butter) and once warmed is so yummy (so no need separate butter anymore)

8, Cater from 3rd party for deserts as per QF cream caramel which will be supplied to Brahims just to load to aircraft. Soo yummy.Intsead

of current product from Brahims kitchen which is hopeless

9. Mini I pads as carried by jetstar crew which are updated real time before departure. with seat map.and pax name,touch the seat on the i pad and all the info about the pax booking fare type onward journey past journey and every other info comes to your finger tips with the pax name. this then enables crew to confidently solve any issues that the pax may have raised with the crew.

10. cleaner cabins by ensuring the cleaners team members (by name) are taken to task if upon inspection found job not well done

what other innovation that you all have seen that can be implemented to MH at minimal cost

Edited by jadivindra

For B738s with no IFE, they could install wireless IFE just like SilkAir Studio on MI flights!

This won't work, MH is shedding these non-IFE B738 soon as they are leased bird...not worth investment.

suggestion for improvement? look south and try to emulate or be better than SQ...period....

It doesn't quite work like that. If it was all in one word than it will be easy. You have to micro manage and micro analyze to see areas of improvement and break them down as above.

Here are my improvement ideas:

First Class

- Install First Class suites similar to Etihad Apartments. We can skip Residence because I think that space is better used for a shower/bathroom. The Etihad apartments shower is kinda small - so we should make it as a full toilet.

- Build a new First Class Terminal specifically for First Class passengers (and maybe throw OWEs a bone there too) and have a private chauffeur from the FCT right to plane side with private immigration at the FCT. Cigar room or bathtub filled with yellow duckies are optional, but preferred. Full service sit-down restaurant at the FCT with made-to-order food.

- A complimentary 1-hour massage for all OWE/FCL passengers at a purpose-built spa

- Personal assistant for every OWE or FCL passenger

Business Class

- The staggered 1-2-1 and 1-2-2 isn't great, given that there are only 3 throne seats. Change it to 1-2-1 all around. SQ seats are a little too heavy and "awkward". I personally love the reverse herringbone that's on CX and AA 77W

- Offer business class passenger 30-minutes foot, back/shoulder massage, or facial

Economy Class

- Increase seat pitch to 35" and have the most luxurious Y in the sky

- Dine on-demand service

And for MH Platinums:

- Free 8 systemwide upgrades usable anytime on any fare to upgrade to the next cabin of service

- Complimentary upgrades to business class on all flights less than 2,000 miles

- Complimentary unlimited same day change and standby (on a 24-hour rolling period)

We can all fantasize right?

For me, MH is a great value. You get what you pay for. You get to sit in J for the price of PEY in other airlines! That's a win-win for me! All other improvements need money, and MH can't print money.

The only thing I want is clean planes (which was mentioned in another thread). Keep your planes clean and I am a happy camper.

Edited by Craig

Forget caviar and all those air fairy things that we KNOW won't come true.

A much more realistic solution is 12) Pyjamas in Y - does not have to be the thick kind. Something thin , and airy, even similar to pagoda brand singlet (like your grandfather wore) but in a nice colour, and with long sleeves, will be good.

Until mh could tighten up their sop, uplift staffs morale and have a clear vision/future, any improvement will be halfheartedly and waste of resources.

A much more realistic solution is 12) Pyjamas in Y - does not have to be the thick kind. Something thin , and airy, even similar to pagoda brand singlet (like your grandfather wore) but in a nice colour, and with long sleeves, will be good.

And pair with rubber flip flops.

Edited by KK Lee

11) Introduce caviar in J and Y. Other airlines have it in F but MH can one-up them and become a true industry leader.

For you maybe. To me caviar is meh. Etihad doesn't serve caviar and I still love them. Let's be realistic here. That will cost too much money and LH will not be happy if MH buys more caviar than them. I can let that go.

No I really like those 50 THB PJs I bought in BKK. I think that should be standard for Y for all flights over 5 hours. J gets John Master and F gets Pierre Cardin.

Edited by Craig

I noticed nobody mentioned wifi. That should be on the list as well. J and F pax should get 1GB free, 500MB for Y. Enrich Gold and Plat members get 1GB extra regardless of travel class.

1. Clean plane inside and outside

2. Improved pitch and width for cattle class

3. New livery

4. Punctual

5. Wifi

6. External cam

7. Cockpit cam

8. All aircraft with usb power

9. Allow seat block if not a full flight

..... Something thin , and airy, even similar to pagoda brand singlet (like your grandfather wore) .....

Ah, those that allow for easy uplift at front to facilitate appreciative patting of exposed spare tyre belly after a gratifying feeding session - may not be too useful though, considering what catering one can reasonably expect on MH flights nowadays :D

I would be happy if the seats weren't too worn out, and too cramp.

To me, all other tips-bits are negligible but nice to have anyways. But most important is the comfort of travelling. You won't feel happy if your butt is sitting a rock hard seat and the arm of the person next to you is just 3 inch from your ribs.

Invest in mood lighting in all class and don't be shy to use them. It helps a lot. Pax first impression and mood count.

QR has a very nice soft and warm light for their night departure, even in Y. It is soothing and classy at the same time.

Edited by Azri

Self service drink galley/bar. I feel awkward interrupting the flight crew just for a drink, even in business class.

I found my experience in Air NZ to be quite pleasant. They are an interesting airline, a hybrid between full service and LCC.

Their Premium Economy and Business Class products are just like what you'd expect with a full service carrier.

Economy on the other hand, works like a LCC, minimal fare, paying for food, seat allocation, exit rows etc.

For any requests, you can do so through your IFE screen, such as ordering drinks, food etc. That way you won't have to call them to place your order, and then for them to come again to pass the order to you.

Of course, they also leave out a basket with snacks and some drinks for you to grab in Premium Economy/Business.

at least MH should make it as part of their SOP in meal service to expressly offer coffee and tea after meal instead of pax have to be alert of the movement of the drink cart and request for them so as not to miss their caffeine shot

Agreed ... 34 inch economy seats like before and clean cabin/toilets. That was what MAS was famous for, and should strive for to gain back all the lost custom. If we can't compete with EK and SQ for IFE, then this may be the way forward

Sign in to follow this