MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Ja Singh

Why is MH aircraft so badly trashed

Don't think this is a culture or Malaysian thing... look around some of the better managed shopping malls e.g. Sunway, Mid Valley, Suria.. Do you see this lackadaisical maintenance culture? Or some of the better managed hotels.. you can see the quality and standards are maintained.

I think you're missing the point here. Cleanliness and good maintenance shouldn't be limited to a few high end malls or hotels.

Does the average Malaysian buy groceries in Suria KLCC before returning to his home at the Mandarin Oriental? Absolutely not.

He takes public transport, which is far from what an average person would consider clean and well maintained. He drives on roads that are as smooth as the moon's surface, and dines at mamak restaurants with kitchens that are crawling with rodents, that somehow manage to pass hygiene tests.

Tell me again, with a straight face, that this has nothing to do with Malaysian culture.

I think you're missing the point here. Cleanliness and good maintenance shouldn't be limited to a few high end malls or hotels.

Does the average Malaysian buy groceries in Suria KLCC before returning to his home at the Mandarin Oriental? Absolutely not.

He takes public transport, which is far from what an average person would consider clean and well maintained. He drives on roads that are as smooth as the moon's surface, and dines at mamak restaurants with kitchens that are crawling with rodents, that somehow manage to pass hygiene tests.

Tell me again, with a straight face, that this has nothing to do with Malaysian culture.

Yes, I do agree that Malaysian culture is a contributing factor here.. however, not every management accepts this culture.. and I gave examples of shopping malls which are frequented by middle class Malaysians.. not just Suria.

And the point here is we are discussing Malaysia Airlines, a FCC which were rated 5 stars.. why should we compare MH with a mamak restaurant?

And this topic is about MH aircraft not being maintained well and about its cleaners not doing a good job.. not about MH passengers being messy.

There is probably a psychological play as well - one is more likely to 'trash' facilities further if they appear to be badly maintained/neglected as compared to where the facilities are maintained well; and it goes across all cultures and socio-economic statures

Need to have evidence first, then only can post. :)

Need evidence? just go on board the aircraft that has been said on the above couple of post.MTH/MTM md galley lavs port side,MTL back lavs,dust accumulation on air con vents,carpets etc

AirAsia's planes are surprisingly very well kept, despite the heavy usage

Not 100% true though. Some of their A320s were/are in pretty bad shape, especially those older 9M-AF* and 9M-AH* series. I have seen duct tape and speed tape both inside and outside their aircraft. However more recently AirAsia has step up their maintenance and less likely to see but you still get some if you are unlucky. Older aircraft has also been leased out.

Not 100% true though. Some of their A320s were/are in pretty bad shape, especially those older 9M-AF* and 9M-AH* series. I have seen duct tape and speed tape both inside and outside their aircraft. However more recently AirAsia has step up their maintenance and less likely to see but you still get some if you are unlucky. Older aircraft has also been leased out.

Good to know they are working on it. Hope MH pull their socks up and work on it too expecially for their new A330's.

Can somebody point this out to MH like via its FB page? Otherwise, we end up "negotiating with ourselves"

I haven't tried, but on my KUL-TPE flight, not only was the b738 filthy, my seat was also missing the audio jack :sorry:

the flight was completely packed since downgrade from B772 so the crew couldn't just move me to another seat. as I'm the sort that carries my own earphone + aircraft adapter, I requested for one of those MH comment cards to give my feedback hoping that it would be taken seriously. I specifically mentioned the poor state of the cabin/fittings/toilet etc. the comment card had a specific clause saying I would be contacted in 2 weeks. I passed the sealed card back to the crew who promised to have it sent.

It's been 5 months now and haven't heard a thing. Sent them a picture of the hole in the armrest togther with the comment card to MH's email as a reminder a month after ... same silence :lazy:

Most of the USB and power sockets on the window seats seem to be not working? Based on my own flights (all in window), > 50% times I've had to use the neighbouring ones; at least I've been lucky enough to score an empty seat next to mine whenever it doesn't work!

I haven't tried, but on my KUL-TPE flight, not only was the b738 filthy, my seat was also missing the audio jack :sorry:

the flight was completely packed since downgrade from B772 so the crew couldn't just move me to another seat. as I'm the sort that carries my own earphone + aircraft adapter, I requested for one of those MH comment cards to give my feedback hoping that it would be taken seriously. I specifically mentioned the poor state of the cabin/fittings/toilet etc. the comment card had a specific clause saying I would be contacted in 2 weeks. I passed the sealed card back to the crew who promised to have it sent.

It's been 5 months now and haven't heard a thing. Sent them a picture of the hole in the armrest togther with the comment card to MH's email as a reminder a month after ... same silence :lazy:

Perhaps we have to rely on the internet to get our grouses through. With morale running low due to the restructuring, it won't be surprise that the seal envelope got "lost" somewhere in the delivery system.

Perhaps we have to rely on the internet to get our grouses through. With morale running low due to the restructuring, it won't be surprise that the seal envelope got "lost" somewhere in the delivery system.

you should see the amount of complaints being posted on their Facebook page

you should see the amount of complaints being posted on their Facebook page

So, its like see no evil, and hear no evil , ya? Every transportation service sector is in tatters. Airline, train, bus and taxis. Consumers' grouses are not listened to, and yet they wanted more pay with poor service. Hope the refurbished 747s interiors will be a lot better than the current flying fleet.

I just took Firefly flight from Pen to SZB. The plane was rather filthy too - the stains on the tray, the dust around the seats, the dirty finger prints on the overhead bins, stains at the window pane, and the list goes on. The leather seats are showing it's age too. It really looked like a 20 year old plane. I think the oldest plane in Firefly fleet is like 7 years?

Sign in to follow this