MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

flydubai B738 Crashed on Landing at Rostov-on-Don; All 62 POB Killed

A Boeing 738 passenger jet crashed as it was landing at the Rostov-on-Don airport in southern Russia, the country's Southern Regional Emergency Center said Saturday.

The plane, which had traveled from Dubai, had 55 people aboard, the Emergency Center said.
Aircraft A6-FDN.

Russian media report: https://www.rt.com/news/336185-boeing-crash-dubai-rostov/

Photos of aircraft: http://www.jetphotos.net/aircraft/737-40241

Some reports mentioned that the tail hit the ground and crashed on the second landing attempt. The video meanwhile shows a steep almost vertical dive. Wonder what actually happened

A record of what appears to be conversation of the pilot of the crashed Boeing-737-800 with the control tower in Rostov-on-Don has been published on the web.

http://youtu.be/-4m0FcsLnEg

Edited by flee

It's a sadly accident, rest in peace to all victims and condolences to their families. Security camera shows a "fire ball" drops from sky. It is confused my mind. Is there any clear information about second attempt of approach?

What is weather report during the approsch ?

Weather was extremely bad and I wonder why the pilots would still attempt to land in such condition rather than a diversion?

Circling for more than 2 hours!

I wonder at what point shall a pilot decide to proceed to alternate airport in such bad weather and already circling for 2 hours?

SV choong thats bcos they had the fuel to circle and hoping weather will improve

Edited by Aaron Goh

Some reports mentioned that the plane was on fire before impact.

Yes, I saw one video in which there was a fireball hitting the ground. However, I am not sure if it is the same accident. What we do know is that the aircraft smashed into the ground - the debris field is proof of that!

I think ATC and the pilots made a grave error. If the previous Aeroflot flight tried to land 3 times and then decided to divert, there is a good chance that the conditions are not good enough. Now we also hear that the ill fated plane tried the second landing in hurricane force winds....

Believe it was aircraft landing light rather than fireball before impact.

In adverse weather condition, wind shear is possible but 738 is equipped with wind shear warning.

Failed go-around, caused by adverse weather (drifting snow, strong winds) in poor visibility and night conditions, coupled with a possibly fatigued crew - spatial disorientation does come to mind.. Wouldn't be the first..

All speculation. None of the above is substantiated. Just an opinion.

All speculation. None of the above is substantiated. Just an opinion.

Unfortunately, it now seem likely much will remain as such - speculation

Russia plane crash: Rostov-on-Don black boxes 'damaged'

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35856680

Possibly mean the plane impacted with such ferocity it was beyond designed survivability of those 'black boxes' - which we have been made to believe are next to indestructable

Edited by BC Tam

Flydubai crash: Inquiry starts analysing flight-data recording

Russian investigators have successfully downloaded flight-data recorder information from the Flydubai Boeing 737-800 that crashed at Rostov-on-Don.

Initial assessment of the data indicates that the recorder was operating during the flight and captured information leading up to the impact of the aircraft with the ground on 19 March.
Russia’s Interstate Aviation Committee adds that the recorded data is “good quality” and analysts have started interpreting the contents.

Sign in to follow this