MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
DaTan

Sultan of Johor's New Boeing Business Jet

A Boeing 737-800 jet emblazoned with the Johor royal crest and livery has been spotted in Washington D.C. – the latest addition to the Johor sultan’s fleet of automobiles and aircraft.

Plane spotters in the United States recently snapped pictures of the Boeing Business Jet 2 which is capable of 10 hours’ non-stop flight.

The gold jet with the Johor royal crest is said to have a fully customised interior built to the specifications of Sultan Ibrahim Sultan Iskandar, who has a pilot’s licence and is a noted enthusiast of cars and planes.

SULTAN_OF_JOHOR_BOEING_737_250216.jpg

read more: http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/johor-sultan-buys-boeing-737

Impressive gold color. I guess the Sultan himself would fly the jet back home to Johor?At least part of the route.

Yes, all 737's can be fitted with auxiliary fuel tanks (although typically this only done to BBJs) as they effectively take up what in a commercial sense is valuable cargo hold space, however its unused space on a typically configured BBJ. In order to achieve the "10hr range" of this a/c, there would be a number installed (if I remember correctly, up to 9 can be fitted giving a maximum fuel load of 37.7t)

As an aircraft owner, won't it be more interesting to land at a couple of airports en route to Malaysia? Surely a few stop overs won't hurt the owner's pocket.

Will be a nice addition to aircraft spotting

How many gold painted aircraft are there in the world? The only other time I have seen such a plane is in a video game.

As an aircraft owner, won't it be more interesting to land at a couple of airports en route to Malaysia? Surely a few stop overs won't hurt the owner's pocket.

With auxillary tanks fitted, one will now have the option to do long non-stops or multiple stops as opposed to just multiple stops.

Wealth, as always, is a means to create options or choices.

As a owner probably you'll think of direct flight rather than multiple take off and landing, taxiing etc. Don't think it would be fun in anyway.

Why do you buy a private jet? Most of the time, it is to save time and fly according to your own schedule. Time is money - that is why long range private jets are very popular.

Will be a nice addition to aircraft spotting

How many gold painted aircraft are there in the world? The only other time I have seen such a plane is in a video game.

Not much to be honest, the only other two I can think of are ex-Silk Way all business class B727-251Adv 4K-8888 which flew for short period betweEn Geneva and Baku.

And the other one was Saad Air A340-642X VP-CCC but never went into operation. Later was bought by AZAL Azerbaijan Airlines 4K-AI08

https://flic.kr/p/7RSnPP

738 is not capable to fly 10hours but bbj because u can put extra fuel and the load is not like pax aircraft correct me if im wrong.

Yes, all 737's can be fitted with auxiliary fuel tanks (although typically this only done to BBJs) as they effectively take up what in a commercial sense is valuable cargo hold space, however its unused space on a typically configured BBJ. In order to achieve the "10hr range" of this a/c, there would be a number installed (if I remember correctly, up to 9 can be fitted giving a maximum fuel load of 37.7t)

thanks for the explanations guys

Sign in to follow this