MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

Incident: Vietnam A359 near Hanoi on Feb 5th 2016, loss of cabin pressure

20150828_SGN_VN-A866_900_00.jpg

A Vietnam Airlines Airbus A350-900, registration VN-A887 performing flight VN-227 from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam) with 137 passengers and 7 crew, was enroute about 40 minutes into the flight when the cabin pressure was lost, the passenger oxygen masks were automatically released, and the crew initiated an emergency descent. The aircraft returned to Hanoi for a safe landing.

A replacement A350-900 registration VN-A888 reached Ho Chi Minh City with a delay of 3:45 hours.

The airline confirmed the aircraft suffered the loss of cabin pressure, the passenger oxygen masks automatically deployed. All passengers disembarked unharmed, a flight attendant however received minor injuries in the encounter.

Incident imho

Amazing how quick VN arranged for a spare aircraft, especially during this heavy Tet season/traffic !

Incident imho

Amazing how quick VN arranged for a spare aircraft, especially during this heavy Tet season/traffic !

well they do operate like 20+ flights a day from SGN to HAN, half operated using 772 and A332 before the A359 and 778 came...

considering the short flight time and limited use of their A359 in other routes for the time being, they should have lots of spare capacity...

The 787 had also lots of start-up problems and delayed, remember ?

well they do operate like 20+ flights a day from SGN to HAN, half operated using 772 and A332 before the A359 and 778 came...

considering the short flight time and limited use of their A359 in other routes for the time being, they should have lots of spare capacity...

On my last trip on VN HAN-KUL; after original A321 went tech, VN managed to deboard and board to spare aircraft in an hour.

The 787 had also lots of start-up problems and delayed, remember ?

Not just delayed - I remember when every 787 was grounded

On my last trip on VN HAN-KUL; after original A321 went tech, VN managed to deboard and board to spare aircraft in an hour.

Luggage made it on time too ? Amazing ! Edited by BC Tam

Not just delayed - I remember when every 787 was grounded

Luggage made it on time too ? Amazing !

Yes, my luggage arrived kul on the same flight.

Yes, VN is next force to be reckon with in SEA after GA. They have excess aircraft now with more A350 and B787 coming. The B772ER and A330 fleet are being offloaded at the same time.

Learned it was a software glitch, activating the oxygen masks to drop...

Sign in to follow this