MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Muhammad Firdaus

Hong Kong Airlines (HX/CRK) to fly direct to Kuching (KCH/WBGG) in April, 2016

I went to the page last night and it wasn't even online...

Currently the flight is bookable via GDS only, try OTA like Expedia.

Edited by Lucas L.

Not on the main page...but KCH is available if you go past the 1st page. i.e you select a different destination on the first page and modify to KCH afterwards...I got Rm897.20 for May 28th to June 1st.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/80384296@N05/8177565004/in/datetaken/

..one wonderful aerial view of Sarikei airport (TGC/WBGT) for an HX passenger enroute to KCH in April. No, this was taken in MH enroute from BKI to KCH...

Ahh, Tanjung Manis Airport. Actually the airport used to be in Sarikei Division, but now it's under the jurisdiction of Mukah Division. But it still serves part of Sarikei Division.

Great news for KCH! Personally I don't think there is enough demand to sustain a twice weekly flight... The schedule may look terrible but it actually works out quite well for those who want to connect to other parts of North Asia served by HX ...

Hopefully HX will make it work! :)

I tried to make bookings for CNY 2017 but the schedule is not out yet. I hope they're not stopping the route after summer schedule.

I tried to make bookings for CNY 2017 but the schedule is not out yet. I hope they're not stopping the route after summer schedule.

I read somewhere the schedule is only up till Oct 16, they are working on the schedule for Nov onward.

Yeah... fingers crossed! At least the tour groups ex-KCH to China and Taiwan now have an option to fly via Hong Kong with HX.... :D

As if you are not sick of the amount of A320, A330-300 dosage.... :D

We still haven't caught up yet!!!

HKG-KCH inaugural flight 80+ passengers only

Wow, that's poor. What about KCH to HKG? Last time KCH - MFM launched by AK was full.

Surprised that Kuching will be their destination instead of Sabah. HongKongers have been living their entire life enveloped in a metropolitan city of concrete jungle, and their getaway would most likely somewhere more nature like, places like Sipadan. Anyways, its always good to have foreign visitors to the country no matter which states.

Surprised that Kuching will be their destination instead of Sabah. HongKongers have been living their entire life enveloped in a metropolitan city of concrete jungle, and their getaway would most likely somewhere more nature like, places like Sipadan. Anyways, its always good to have foreign visitors to the country no matter which states.

They did launch HKG-BKI before but was scrapped after a period of time. Let's see if KCH would be able to hold it longer than BKI.

I'm pretty sure Kuching/Sarawak has "nature" as well! :acute: I suppose it might be due to the security scares over the past few months over the waters of Sabah, or perhaps bigger incentives from the S'wak state government.

They did launch HKG-BKI before but was scrapped after a period of time. Let's see if KCH would be able to hold it longer than BKI.

They were too many competitions between HKG-BKI. MAS enjoyed good load factor with many connecting passengers from China Eastern Airlines until that mystery in March 2014. MAS HKG-BKI load never recovered.

Yes when are we going to meet up?! :D I'm leaving HK soon you know...

I'll be taking HX715 to KCH at the end of the month. Let's see how the load is like... kind of dreading it already, 0155hrs departure is probably a bit too much to take for me!

Prices are really good though, it was HKD370 (just under RM200) all in for HKG-KUL one way throughout June and first half of July. I think it has gone up to HKD470 now. Still pretty good value. On some days buying 2 one ways works out to be cheaper than buying a return ...

I'll be taking HX715 to KCH at the end of the month. Let's see how the load is like... kind of dreading it already, 0155hrs departure is probably a bit too much to take for me!

Prices are really good though, it was HKD370 (just under RM200) all in for HKG-KUL one way throughout June and first half of July. I think it has gone up to HKD470 now. Still pretty good value. On some days buying 2 one ways works out to be cheaper than buying a return ...

Ahhh sheet... you are leaving HK!

I am fully loaded until next week. We should catch up!! PM me your number bro! i think you may already have?

You're leaving HK? Where next?

Strange... looks like I've missed this post!

You're leaving HK? Where next?

Probably going back to Kch for a little while... it will be a good opportunity to explore my own backyard a bit more!! I'm thinking about Mukah, Mulu or Bario...

Btw I'll be taking HX715 in a week's time... lets see. :)

Edited by H C Chai

STB in negotiations with Taiwanese airline for Taipei-Kuching route

KUCHING: Sarawak Tourism Board (STB) is currently negotiating with a Taiwanese airline for a direct flight between Taipei and Kuching.

Deputy Chief Minister Datuk Amar Abang Johari Tun Openg, however, declined to disclose the airline.

“At the moment, STB is negotiating with an airline from Taiwan for the possibility of a direct flight between Taipei and Kuching, which I don’t want to disclose now,” said Abang Johari at his Hari Raya open house at Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka today.

Abang Johari, who is also Minister of Tourism, Arts and Culture said that Hong Kong airlines is looking into the possibility to increase the direct flight to Kuching.

He said the twice weekly direct flight to Kuching had received positive response in group bookings from Hong Kong.

“Apparently the direct flight between Kuching and Hong Kong has received good response which shows that our promotion is successful,” he pointed out.

Abang Johari also told reporters that the government was still negotiating for a direct flight between Miri and Shenzen in China.

He said Miri would become another entry point for Sarawak besides Kuching as it had become an attractive destination to tourists from China.

Read more: http://www.theborneopost.com/2016/07/06/stb-in-negotiations-with-taiwanese-airline-for-taipei-kuching-route/#ixzz4Dp3R6iq6

Edited by Lucas L.

Took HX715 HKG-KCH earlier today and was pleasantly surprised that the flight was almost full. Most pax appears to be tour groups from HK. This is in contrary to the same flight I took in June, where tour groups from mainland China made up majority of the pax. Food is pretty decent too...