MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Muhammad Firdaus

Hong Kong Airlines (HX/CRK) to fly direct to Kuching (KCH/WBGG) in April, 2016

Glad to see a new airline in KCH :)

Lets just hope that HX will not code share with MH as we would want HX to touch down at KCH in their own colour.

As long as it's HX operating the flight, is it really a big deal if MH codeshares with them?

Lets just hope that HX will not code share with MH as we would want HX to touch down at KCH in their own colour.

Just to clarify - you are aware MH metal doesn't fly KCH-(BKI)-HKG anymore ?

Glad to see a new airline in KCH :)

As long as it's HX operating the flight, is it really a big deal if MH codeshares with them?

Don't worry. I have doubts it'll be a codeshare. Even if it is, the only thing that matters to me is new mangsa for spotting :diablo:

If BKI doesn't work, how can they make KCH work? BKI and Sabah as a whole is better known to Hong Kongers and mainland Chinese. I often told people I am from Sabah and they immediate know where it is and in fact many has visited Sabah. Many seemed struggle to know where Sarawak is, however.

Yes, most new routes for MH under the previous management didn't work but this is not MH. I am sure being a local airline from China, they have a better flight/business plan for this route. That is why they should not code share with MH..

If BKI doesn't work, how can they make KCH work?

Absence of competition would be a strong factor I suppose - no AK, no KA, no connectivity with anywhere in the Pearl Delta. It is recycled virginity :)

But you're right, there is need to generate demand for people to want/need to travel, then sustain/grow that demand

2x/week..arrive/depart in ungodly hour..

yeah 6 month tops

what equipment that they use for this route?

A320 most likely. Their fleet only consist of A320-200 and A330-200/300 at the moment

A320 most likely. Their fleet only consist of A320-200 and A330-200/300 at the moment

Understand quite a number HX A320 pilots are ex AK; their income is more than CEO of some local GLC.

Edited by KK Lee

Understand quite a number HX A320 pilots are ex AK; their income is more than CEO of some local GLC.

Yes, that's what I heard as well. However, do note the cost of living in HK is much higher compared to those of Malaysia (although the latter is not any better this day).

Yes, that's what I heard as well. However, do note the cost of living in HK is much higher compared to those of Malaysia (although the latter is not any better this day).

One of them is our fellow MW forumer.

Han X?

They are just tapping into the Conference coming up in July...after which...bye bye lar...

Han X is currently with D7.

I haven't seen the schedule yet but based on an article in the local chinese newspaper, the twice weekly flight will be operated by the A320, arriving Kuching every Tuesday and Friday night, and returning to Hong Kong the next day. Hmm... doesn't sound like a good timing to me...

I'm glad that it is Hong Kong Airlines that operates the flight, not their low cost subsidiary HK express.

Hopefully I'll get to fly this route... :D

Edited by H C Chai

Closer to home you are now...hahaha!

Fingers crossed...let's hope it can be sustained...if not by tourism...by *ahem*...hospitality services of that kind...if you know what I mean...