MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Prestley Shim

Kuching International Airport @ WBGG 2016

Great shots especially of the B767 and HX. Just wondering how come HX was operating during (what looks like) mid morning/day? Change in schedule or delay?

Prestley, great shots!

I used to wake up early just to catch that 'alarm clock'

Thank you! Fortunately it comes during the late afternoon now. But no more Transmile colors which I have not caught it in.

Great shots especially of the B767 and HX. Just wondering how come HX was operating during (what looks like) mid morning/day? Change in schedule or delay?

Yeah that picture was taken around 11, close to afternoon. The flight was rescheduled for the week due to the typhoon around East Asia in late October.

Thank you! Fortunately it comes during the late afternoon now. But no more Transmile colors which I have not caught it in.

Yeah that picture was taken around 11, close to afternoon. The flight was rescheduled for the week due to the typhoon around East Asia in late October.

Ok, that explains it. I just found out that HX has more or less the same livery as her mother airline - Hainan Airlines - and her sister airlines - Lucky Air and China Xinhua Airlines. I thought I saw HX in BKI sometime back and it turns out to be Lucky Air. Talk about confusion :D

Ok, that explains it. I just found out that HX has more or less the same livery as her mother airline - Hainan Airlines - and her sister airlines - Lucky Air and China Xinhua Airlines. I thought I saw HX in BKI sometime back and it turns out to be Lucky Air. Talk about confusion :D

Yes! I found it very confusing as well at first. I guess the only way to tell will be by the wordings :lol:

Some airside shots..

Boeing Brothers. The Retrojet's radome showing signs of wear and tear.

30727847594_ac109d7d99_b.jpg

9M-AGB during turnaround time.

31569261965_42c387b227_b.jpg

A closer look at the CFM LEAP1A engine 2.

31569262895_5e9f75c810_b.jpg

'Asean Basketball League' 9M-AFE

30761849074_aa796aa090_b.jpg

'China Greenland Group' livery. 9M-AFT, previously the MFace livery.

31230629680_d2c33bf71e_b.jpg

Flew in two nights ago onboard the purple Neo A320 (9M-NEO?) operating as AK5226. The engines are a lot quieter alright. Maybe because it is still new. Heck, the seats still smelt of new leather :)

Flew in two nights ago onboard the purple Neo A320 (9M-NEO?) operating as AK5226. The engines are a lot quieter alright. Maybe because it is still new. Heck, the seats still smelt of new leather :)

It sure is a thing of beauty! It seems to be replacing 9M-AGB in doing East Malaysia sectors now. How's the seat pitch? Anything different than the current A320ceo models?

It sure is a thing of beauty! It seems to be replacing 9M-AGB in doing East Malaysia sectors now. How's the seat pitch? Anything different than the current A320ceo models?

Was seated at 27B; no difference in pitch from other aircraft to my reckoning. But this is the first neo I have boarded. Inbound on FD from DMK but that was a regular A320. I noticed that on some aircraft, the best leg room "free seat" is Row 15, just behind the hot seats. An added advantage is that there is a good chance Row 14 is empty. Thus during disembarkation, it is useful to use this row to dump your cabin bags or even sit there while waiting to get out of the plane. :p

Was seated at 27B; no difference in pitch from other aircraft to my reckoning. But this is the first neo I have boarded. Inbound on FD from DMK but that was a regular A320. I noticed that on some aircraft, the best leg room "free seat" is Row 15, just behind the hot seats. An added advantage is that there is a good chance Row 14 is empty. Thus during disembarkation, it is useful to use this row to dump your cabin bags or even sit there while waiting to get out of the plane. :p

Even if row 14 is empty they don't let people sit there which is a shame :( but I'm sure there are security reasons. But good to know that legroom hasn't shrunk or anything on the neo.

Taken on Tuesday. Pushed back and heading back to KUL as AK5209.

31642081345_be3d8e3a47_b.jpg

Still waiting for the chance to be flying with NEO one day. :sorry:

By the way, it has been a while that I do not update my pictures here because of the hectic November.

Taxiing for "her" departure back to Lumpur. I am sure you know that flight, as I had two friendly spotters with me staying under the hot sun.

31341180020_bde563f1c2_o.jpg

More like a business strategy to attract aviation enthusiasts like all of us perhaps.

But, it is worth to try having a ride on a A320neo since we also know the flights operated by her at this moment, isn't it? hehe :lol:

30872367134_fe44ca9f83_o.jpg

31341185290_070e6e7780_o.jpg

31341182350_ec113fac04_o.jpg

31341198960_eb12c7f6de_o.jpg

31567647872_5d6cf59d2c_o.jpg

31676883856_10ba329955_o.jpg

Malaysian 642 was on her way to Miri and back to here as Malaysian 2803.

31598516121_f973d70caa_o.jpg

It's been a while since I last log in to Mwings. Now that im free I'll start with spotting log on 18/9/2016.

9M-WSK taken on final approach for Runway 25.

31722201996_9d867477d4_b.jpg

Vista Jet's Bombardier Global 6000 9H-VJN on final approach into Kuching.

31722199936_e3cedf61c8_b.jpg

Vista Jet's Bombardier Global 6000 9H-VJN on final approach into Kuching.

31722199936_e3cedf61c8_b.jpg

Nice catch. Quite rare, this one. Still wonder who owns it and where do they fly to/from.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Haven't noticed these decorative lights before this.

31060180873_e1c2b557cf_b.jpg[/url]

To end the 2016 thread, here's a compilation of the equipment upgrade operating MH2520/MH2513 from 28th December to 31st December in no particular order. Aircraft featured are 9M-MTE(2x), 9M-MTF and 9M-MTG. Apologies for the quality, lighting was very poor. Happy New Year 2017 everyone!
32029879595_a2bcd3b310_o.jpg

Edited by Prestley Shim

Great pics. Nice to see biggies in KCH on festive periods. I noticed that all 3 A333 have slightly different liveries. OneWorld livery aside, 9M-MTF has "airlines" in red while MTG and MTE don't. Personally, I do not like the placing of the wau on the vertical stabilisers of MTG and MTE. They did the same for the A380s. Just me I guess but I prefer the wau to be at the centre. Hoping that HX will upgrade to a A332 for the CNY traffic. That will be a hoot!

Thanks for the MH A333 photos Prestley; too bad the lighting is not in favour with you while snapping that photo.

Great pics. Nice to see biggies in KCH on festive periods. I noticed that all 3 A333 have slightly different liveries. OneWorld livery aside, 9M-MTF has "airlines" in red while MTG and MTE don't. Personally, I do not like the placing of the wau on the vertical stabilisers of MTG and MTE. They did the same for the A380s. Just me I guess but I prefer the wau to be at the centre. Hoping that HX will upgrade to a A332 for the CNY traffic. That will be a hoot!

I have to agree with you there szesyn. Personally the wau looks better without it being dragged to the back.

Great shots there Prestley!

Nice catch. Quite rare, this one. Still wonder who owns it and where do they fly to/from.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Haven't noticed these decorative lights before this.

31060180873_e1c2b557cf_b.jpg

It's own by VistaJet