MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
DaTan

Iran Post-Sanction: Purchase of 118 Airbus, 40 ATR & 80 Boeing Jets Signed

Boeing Cleared for Iran Talks After $27 Billion Airbus Haul

The U.S. government cleared the manufacturer to begin talking with approved Iranian carriers about their fleet needs, a first step toward entering the country’s resurgent aircraft market, Boeing said Friday. The planemaker will still need a separate license to complete any commercial jetliner sales.

More: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-03-04/payrolls-in-u-s-surge-while-wages-drop-in-mixed-jobs-report

News are now coming in Boeing will be selling 100plus aircraft to Iran, to be allocated to various airlines.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-transportation-boeing-idUSKCN0Z01QZ

Some local Iranian aviation member had mentioned Iran Air will be getting B737, B777 and B787. Would be good if the deals really pans out.

The world geo-politic for past decade has shifted tremendously under President Obama's administration. Whether it is better or worse off, it is another question all together. How long before Cubana starts ordering bucket load of new aircraft..???

This country is cash rich and bursting with eagerness to boost its economies. Iranians are flying everywhere to get new business as well as wooing foreign investors into their country.

News are now coming in Boeing will be selling 100plus aircraft to Iran, to be allocated to various airlines.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-transportation-boeing-idUSKCN0Z01QZ

Some local Iranian aviation member had mentioned Iran Air will be getting B737, B777 and B787. Would be good if the deals really pans out.

The world geo-politic for past decade has shifted tremendously under President Obama's administration. Whether it is better or worse off, it is another question all together. How long before Cubana starts ordering bucket load of new aircraft..???

Simply because the US' economic model isn't sustainable. They just keep printing money... When they are out of money, all the do is to loosen their sanctions in order to gain some new business in desperate times.

Simply because the US' economic model isn't sustainable. They just keep printing money... When they are out of money, all the do is to loosen their sanctions in order to gain some new business in desperate times.

US lifting economic sanction on Iran is more to do with ME geopolitic.

Turkish Airlines want to sell their old A340s from the fleet before scrapping and Iran is seems like good market. They don't have a plan to buy A340, but I'm sure if THY offers low price than second hand lists, both of side would be wins. Years ago, if I'm not mistaken Turkish Airlines has been sold 7 A310(-200/-300) to Iran (Iranair and Mahan) in two parts while sanction in force.

Looking at their shopping list, used aircraft may no longer be favoured. They can get almost immediate delivery for B748s from Boeing and A333s from Airbus. So I think those October deliveries might be of new aircraft.

Iran signs $16.6 billion deal for 80 Boeing planes: IRNA

IranAir said it signed a deal on Sunday to buy 80 passenger planes from U.S. aircraft maker Boeing (BA.N), state news agency IRNA reported, in the biggest U.S.-Iran deal since the 1979 Islamic revolution.
The agency quoted Farhad Parvaresh, the chairman of Iran's flag carrier, as saying that the 10-year deal included 50 Boeing 737 aircraft and 30 777 planes.
Boeing said in June it had signed a tentative agreement to sell 100 jets to IranAir after Iranian statements about the deal.
More:

Not being cynical, but let's see how long the deal will last or materialise. Based on what President elect has done with Taiwan, DT might kill the deal before we know it.

In a more positive note, guess Beoing got end of line B77W covered before transition into B777-X

Not being cynical, but let's see how long the deal will last or materialise. Based on what President elect has done with Taiwan, DT might kill the deal before we know it.

In a more positive note, guess Beoing got end of line B77W covered before transition into B777-X

Potus elect is from gop, big business friendly; human rights, etc is lower in priority. Edited by KK Lee

Looks like Airbus has started delivering the aircraft ordered by Iran Air; this A321-211SL (D-AVXA); according to a blog, this a/c is actually assigned for Avianca, but it was ntu, so it is assigned to Iran Air instead. And she will be re-registered as EP-IFA.

Info: https://xfw-spotter.blogspot.my/search?q=7418

809314.jpg

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

Iran Drops A380s in Airbus Deal

Airbus Group SE suffered a blow to its already troubled A380 program when Iran, which had previously suggested it would buy the double-decker planes, said it had dropped the model as part of a wider fleet upgrade.
Iran reduced its order with Airbus to 100 planes in a contract that will no longer include A380s, Farhad Parvaresh, Iran Air’s chief executive officer, said in a press conference in Tehran. This will shrink the original $27 billion deal for 118 jets, including 12 A380s. A team from Airbus is currently in Tehran for talks on the deal.
"Given there are now 100 planes in the contract, I don’t think that the overall value will exceed $10 billion, and that’s at the very most. The A330 was part of the deal from before and it still is, but there will be no A380," Parvaresh said. "There is no A380 at the moment, it’s just an option,” Parvaresh told reporters after a press conference in Tehran.
More:

Iran Drops A380s in Airbus Deal

Airbus Group SE suffered a blow to its already troubled A380 program when Iran, which had previously suggested it would buy the double-decker planes, said it had dropped the model as part of a wider fleet upgrade.
Iran reduced its order with Airbus to 100 planes in a contract that will no longer include A380s, Farhad Parvaresh, Iran Air’s chief executive officer, said in a press conference in Tehran. This will shrink the original $27 billion deal for 118 jets, including 12 A380s. A team from Airbus is currently in Tehran for talks on the deal.
"Given there are now 100 planes in the contract, I don’t think that the overall value will exceed $10 billion, and that’s at the very most. The A330 was part of the deal from before and it still is, but there will be no A380," Parvaresh said. "There is no A380 at the moment, it’s just an option,” Parvaresh told reporters after a press conference in Tehran.
More:

Ouch; not a good news for Airbus team. Wonder if they will consider the B747-8i, or just proceed with the B77W instead.

Ouch; not a good news for Airbus team. Wonder if they will consider the B747-8i, or just proceed with the B77W instead.

They are not taking any B748i either (at least from what we read now), however they are taking B777W and future B777-X, which will look beautiful in Iran Air livery.

The writing is on the wall, VLA market is literally dead with B77W, B777-X and A350

They are not taking any B748i either (at least from what we read now), however they are taking B777W and future B777-X, which will look beautiful in Iran Air livery.

The writing is on the wall, VLA market is literally dead with B77W, B777-X and A350

It is; Since the SriLankan Airlines is cancelling their A350 order, hopefully they could secure it, since they already made a discussion about it.

And hopefully they could secure some B77W ntu by other carrier.