MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mr.Bandit

Malindo New Routes & Destinations

If that's correct and you'd have to assume Malindo has done the market research maybe it's a way for Batik to tap into the luractive Aust-DPS holidaymaker traffic and provide further exposure of the Lion/Batik group in Australia and its long been rumoured they want to set up a domestic low cost operation there. Also of note Batik Air Indonesia despite being granted CASA approval still hasn't commenced tickets for their DPS-PER-DPS services which are rumoured to be operated by 737-900ER's.

In the immediate future OD really needs to get their act together and improve their reliabity and OTP. I heading back to Perth tomorrow after 5 weeks in Penang and SE Asia with all my 19 sectors being on Malindo, with the exception of one KL-DMK sector where I had to book a last minute FD flight due to a missed OD connecting flight!!

* Delayed flights in general including then subsequent missed connections - which OD is renown for.

* Retimed flights

* Last minute aircraft downgrades after checkin - had an argument with gate staff last week who tried to tell me there was a 32F on a B738.

* Gate staff feeding pax misinformation telling pax 'engineering issues are delaying flights when after overhearing them say to each other it's crewing issues'

* Inconsistent hard product which differs betweens aircraft e.g. -LNC and D.

* FA's are either outstanding or the complete opposite - robotic and appear unenthused

* Dirty and filthy aircraft both inside and outside - next time you take an OD flight look at the overhead PSU's and the windows.

Despite flying on one of their inaugural flights from KCH-KL back in 2013 they still seem to be an airline plagued by infantile issues which need to be addressed so they can truly become a slick highly regarded operation.

Generally agree with your points.

Sitting waiting for OD807 at the moment. Yesterday AM I received the dreaded retimed message to inform me that its 30 mins late. The usually thing happens in that I get to the, head to teh date and 10 mins before departure the inbound aircraft hasn’t arrived from DMK. A quick check of FR24 and I can see that the aircraft has been running late all day so why not retime it some more instead of bring us to the gate then sitting waiting.
Until today the last 3 flights have been on time and before that, well the less said the better.
Last Wednesday the ground crew were awful, when the flight was ready to board the 1 member of staff just called out something like “ok ready to board” with none of the usual groups being given priority boarding.
Another thing I’ve noticed is that the air conditioning is bad, probably due to an APU issue. Perhaps they are cutting back on maintenance?
When it clicks they are a good airline but a the moment I’m starting to think about moving my business elsewhere.

If that's correct and you'd have to assume Malindo has done the market research maybe it's a way for Batik to tap into the luractive Aust-DPS holidaymaker traffic and provide further exposure of the Lion/Batik group in Australia and its long been rumoured they want to set up a domestic low cost operation there. Also of note Batik Air Indonesia despite being granted CASA approval still hasn't commenced tickets for their DPS-PER-DPS services which are rumoured to be operated by 737-900ER's.

In the immediate future OD really needs to get their act together and improve their reliabity and OTP. I heading back to Perth tomorrow after 5 weeks in Penang and SE Asia with all my 19 sectors being on Malindo, with the exception of one KL-DMK sector where I had to book a last minute FD flight due to a missed OD connecting flight!!

* Delayed flights in general including then subsequent missed connections - which OD is renown for.

* Retimed flights

* Last minute aircraft downgrades after checkin - had an argument with gate staff last week who tried to tell me there was a 32F on a B738.

* Gate staff feeding pax misinformation telling pax 'engineering issues are delaying flights when after overhearing them say to each other it's crewing issues'

* Inconsistent hard product which differs betweens aircraft e.g. -LNC and D.

* FA's are either outstanding or the complete opposite - robotic and appear unenthused

* Dirty and filthy aircraft both inside and outside - next time you take an OD flight look at the overhead PSU's and the windows.

Despite flying on one of their inaugural flights from KCH-KL back in 2013 they still seem to be an airline plagued by infantile issues which need to be addressed so they can truly become a slick highly regarded operation.

I haven't had a bad experience with OD yet and hopefully won't on my next flight in March when I fly KUL - KCH - KUL sector. I seldom flying AK on domestic routes nowadays due to their fares were very expensive compared to MH and OD. My first option would always be MH, followed by OD before AK.

My 80 yr old father and 75 year old mum flew back from Singapore to KL on OD806 at 9.30 pm on 18 Feb 2016. The flight was on scheduled and my mum and dad has high praise for the Malindo cabin crew.

While on board, my dad was feeling cold and requested for a blanket. The cabin crew immediately attended to him bringing 2 blankets and kept checking on him during the flight that he was comfortable.

In addition, they even took the trouble to serve hot tea for him eventhough it was not the usual thing to do on such a short flight.

Overall a very good experience and kudos to Malindo.

OD267 (KUL-AMD-JED) now approaching JED according to FR24. Wonder how long that flight took place.

OD267 (KUL-AMD-JED) now approaching JED according to FR24. Wonder how long that flight took place.

Malindo dummy booking shows: 11 hours 45 mins with 55 mins fuel stop at AMD. The inaugural flight was slightly delayed, reaching Jeddah at 9:10am local time instead of stipulated 8:15am.

For reference, AirAsia X dummy booking shows: 9 hours 25 mins.

Would you fly on Airasia X lie flat premium economy or a Malindo standard economy? Or would you prefer to pay more for Malindo Business?

Interesting choices. :unsure:

I cant imagine being inside a narrow body for more than 3hrs. My last 2 visits to Makkah/Jed was on A380 and 777. The 9-10 hrs I cant sleep even on the MH Business Class flatbed. Did a lot of "tours" inside the aircrafts.

I cant imagine being inside a narrow body for more than 3hrs. My last 2 visits to Makkah/Jed was on A380 and 777. The 9-10 hrs I cant sleep even on the MH Business Class flatbed. Did a lot of "tours" inside the aircrafts.

I've tried OD from PER to KUL. Not bad at all

I just endured a KUL-OOL-AKL flight on D7's A330 and will have to endure the reciprocal in a few days. Sitting in one of the middle rows feels like sitting in a cinema or hall. I think the narrower an aircraft is the more like an aircraft it will feel.

Not sure if you want to consider this...sleeping pills. Lolx, apparently quite common for those who do a lot of long haul flight.

Malindo Air files Brisbane preliminary schedule in 2Q17

Malindo Air in the GDS and the week of 26FEB17’s OAG Schedules Analyser update filed preliminary schedule for Brisbane, tentatively scheduled to commence on 31MAR17.

The airline plans to operate Kuala Lumpur – Denpasar – Brisbane routing on daily basis, on board Boeing 737-800 aircraft.

OD157 KUL1805 – 2110DPS2200 – 0540+1BNE 738 D
OD158 BNE0715 – 1145DPS1245 – 1545KUL 738 D

Reservation is currently not available on its website. Service on Kuala Lumpur – Denpasar routing is also to see an increase from 2 to 4 daily, based on current listing, instead of from 2 to 3 daily.

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/271614/malindo-air-files-brisbane-preliminary-schedule-in-2q17/

Malindo Air files Brisbane preliminary schedule in 2Q17

Malindo Air in the GDS and the week of 26FEB17’s OAG Schedules Analyser update filed preliminary schedule for Brisbane, tentatively scheduled to commence on 31MAR17.

The airline plans to operate Kuala Lumpur – Denpasar – Brisbane routing on daily basis, on board Boeing 737-800 aircraft.

OD157 KUL1805 – 2110DPS2200 – 0540+1BNE 738 D

OD158 BNE0715 – 1145DPS1245 – 1545KUL 738 D

Reservation is currently not available on its website. Service on Kuala Lumpur – Denpasar routing is also to see an increase from 2 to 4 daily, based on current listing, instead of from 2 to 3 daily.

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/271614/malindo-air-files-brisbane-preliminary-schedule-in-2q17/

Can a 737-800 perform a 7-8 hours flight non-stop? KUL-BNE is around 7-8 hours.It will be slow as well compared to the wide bodies.

It can do more than 8 hours. But without seats

So pax need to stand ?

Or make themselves however comfy on bare deck ?

There is a stop at DPS.

I wonder how is the procedure in DPS.

I just did the AKL flight with D7, transiting in OOL. Everybody has to go down with their belongings, go through security and board again. I don't see any necessity in the procedure except to make things more difficult for the passengers. Hopefully Indonesia don't have a similar procedure for transit passengers.

Wow; best of luck to OD.

And wish they could reinstate KUL-SBW using B738. Too bad they had to withdrew due to poor load back then.

Slightly off-topic...OD155/156 KL-PER-KL was operated by -LCF on the 3 and 4th March and tonight's flight is being operated by -LCC.

First time non EDTO rated B738's have operated this route, they fly an inland route towards DPS then inland down Western Australia instead of staying off the coast.

-LND dropped in last week after replacing -LNY which was involved in a mid-air turn-back to KL and hasn't flown since.