MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mr.Bandit

Malindo New Routes & Destinations

Hahah. 4.5 million in savings is not much - just a short city break for our beloved First Lady

Never know, the tourism office may have failed its duty (e.g arranging private viewing of fine jewelry, handbags, shoes, etc) during the family holiday in Perth.

Edited by KK Lee

With the OD services switching to B739 due "performance", how is MH holding up with MH122/121 service between BKI and PER?

BTW, don't think MH pulling the pin from n PER, they've retimed the flight to an evening dep from KUL and midnight transit (red eye) in PER

Never know, the tourism office may have failed its duty (e.g arranging private viewing of fine jewelry, handbags, shoes, etc) during the family holiday in Perth.

Hahahah, probably not far off the mark there

..... how is MH holding up with MH122/121 service between BKI and PER?

Considering how it has remained a weekly service only for so long, you have to but wonder if it's only there but for some reason other than as a viable commercial consideration :)

You see the Korean and Chinese flights into BKI and you see the corresponding influx of Koreans and Chinese visitors wandering about town

Aussies - not so many around :)

Similarly the Japan-BKI route, though it may appear that OD is ready to join in the fray soon ......

shortsighted move by TourismMalaysia. People can travel by other airlines. They need to do more promotion now more than ever before

You don't need to have physical presence to do promotions nowadays especially in the age of digital. Digital marketing can do wonders, at a much more efficient rate compared to a physical office.

Was on 9M-LND yesterday which operated OD807 and was surprised to find that no onboard entertainment system was installed. Have Malindo mad a decision to scrap it for new deliveries ?

Was on 9M-LND yesterday which operated OD807 and was surprised to find that no onboard entertainment system was installed. Have Malindo mad a decision to scrap it for new deliveries ?

I heard that 2 planes are without IFE. There isn't enough stock available or so I heard...

It always intrigues me how long it takes OD to put their new deliveries into service...LNC and LND sat around for a month or so and LCK is still yet to enter active service. That said, I believe they are delivered without seats installed but -LND not having IFE is odd as providing entertainment is one of their marketing ploys, what seats did it have installed and did you happen to take a photo?

With the OD services switching to B739 due "performance", how is MH holding up with MH122/121 service between BKI and PER

This flight operates via an inland route so isn't subject to the same EDTO requirements, a few months back one of the -MS* operating it. And the loads have never been spectacular on it, when I've taken it.

OD151/152 has been operated by the usual 738's the past couple of days so loads must be light.

Tomorrow i got 2 sectors on OD. Just crossing my fingers it's not on one of those without IFE.

Considering how it has remained a weekly service only for so long, you have to but wonder if it's only there but for some reason other than as a viable commercial consideration :)

You see the Korean and Chinese flights into BKI and you see the corresponding influx of Koreans and Chinese visitors wandering about town

Aussies - not so many around :)

Similarly the Japan-BKI route, though it may appear that OD is ready to join in the fray soon ......

I wonder with A321/A320NEO's coming online, if OD/AK will start looking at SYD/MEL-BKI? I think that it will be interesting to see if it will work out of MEL - being the strongest inbound market for Malaysia-Australia traffic.

As far ask AK is concerned, the A321Neos will first be deployed to congested airports where slot pairs are limited and difficult to obtain.

I wonder with A321/A320NEO's coming online, if OD/AK will start looking at SYD/MEL-BKI? I think that it will be interesting to see if it will work out of MEL - being the strongest inbound market for Malaysia-Australia traffic.

Western Australia's economy currently is not doing very well, with slumping price of minerals. Could be one of the factors Tourism Malaysia shutting down Perth office. WA/Perth badly need investors, tourists or whatever financial incentives to boost the economy again...

Western Australia's economy currently is not doing very well, with slumping price of minerals. Could be one of the factors Tourism Malaysia shutting down Perth office. WA/Perth badly need investors, tourists or whatever financial incentives to boost the economy again...

Yes, WA local government needs to work extra hard to move away from mineral driven local economy to other industries. Most of my friends who went to Perth lamented there were nothing much to do after 3D/2N stay. Those more adventurous will take road trip to Adelaide onwards to Melbourne and further up east coast.

IMO, I do not think it is a financially feasible to maintain separate Tourism Malaysia office in Perth or even in other secondary cities around the world. We can easily do so through establishing offices together with Malaysia High Commission/ Embassy/ Malaysia Airlines in country GSA or establish regional Tourism Malaysia office in different parts of the world. Digital marketing has grown so much that it is slated overtake traditional marketing this year. Big impact, minimal cost.

Edited by JuliusWong

It always intrigues me how long it takes OD to put their new deliveries into service...LNC and LND sat around for a month or so and LCK is still yet to enter active service. That said, I believe they are delivered without seats installed but -LND not having IFE is odd as providing entertainment is one of their marketing ploys, what seats did it have installed and did you happen to take a photo?

This flight operates via an inland route so isn't subject to the same EDTO requirements, a few months back one of the -MS* operating it. And the loads have never been spectacular on it, when I've taken it.

OD151/152 has been operated by the usual 738's the past couple of days so loads must be light.

I was in seat 1A at the front bit teh crew told me there is no system on the plane and the safety demo was manual.

Note another marketing ploy is wifi but only 6 planes have it

I was in seat 1A at the front bit teh crew told me there is no system on the plane and the safety demo was manual.

Note another marketing ploy is wifi but only 6 planes have it

I was on 9M-LNW few months back 800series plane they had the safety demo on the ife.

The latest 3 aircrafts does not come with IFE installed due to supplier issue. Lumexis closed shop from what i was told and Panasonic cant supply on such short notice. However there are plans to have it retrofitted in the future. Maybe waiting for the right time.

The latest 3 aircrafts does not come with IFE installed due to supplier issue. Lumexis closed shop from what i was told and Panasonic cant supply on such short notice. However there are plans to have it retrofitted in the future. Maybe waiting for the right time.

Quite coincidentally back in 2014, Lion Air Group ditched Panasonic for Lumexis's ultra new lightweight Fibre to Screen option rather than the more common copper wiring IFE.

..... Lumexis closed shop from what i was told and Panasonic cant supply on such short notice

..... back in 2014, Lion Air Group ditched Panasonic for Lumexis's ultra new lightweight Fibre to Screen option

Ooooooo ! :D

Yep just flown KL-PEN on OD2106 -LND and it's got the usual -800 seats but with the ptv screen blanked out, if anyone knows any iPad friendly photo-hosting sites, I took several pics.

Yep FA said the same they have 3 new ones without screens and they'll only be used on shorts flights.

Of note, -LND has overhead life rafts fitted so potentially another EDTO bird.

Malindo plans new Chinese routes in Mar 2017

Malindo Air in March 2017 is adding 2 new scheduled service between Kuala Lumpur and China, as the airline plans scheduled service to Guangzhou and Haikou.

Guangzhou is now available for reservation on the airline’s website.

Planned operation as follow.

eff 15MAR17 Kuala Lumpur – Guangzhou 1 daily (Following schedule effective 26MAR17)
OD612 KUL2205 – 0225+1CAN 738 D
OD613 CAN0325 – 0740KUL 738 D

eff 28MAR17 Kuala Lumpur – Haikou 2 weekly (Reservation currently not available)
OD614 KUL1300 – 1620HAK 738 26
OD615 HAK1710 – 2035KUL 738 26

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/271092/malindo-plans-new-chinese-routes-in-mar-2017/