MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mr.Bandit

Malindo New Routes & Destinations

Malindo Air starting next month is adding new scheduled charter service to Singapore, which sees the airline operates Kota Kinabalu – Singapore route. Operated by Boeing 737-800 aircraft on daily basis, this flight is scheduled to commence on 01JUL18.
OD830 BKI0915 – 1140SIN 738 D
OD831 SIN1240 – 1505BKI 738 D

Source: https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/279085/malindo-air-adds-kota-kinabalu-singapore-charters-from-july-2018/

Things must be looking up at OD.

B739ER 9M-LNL has been returned to service after spending some 15months parked up at KLIA being cannibalised.

Things must be looking up at OD.

B739ER 9M-LNL has been returned to service after spending some 15months parked up at KLIA being cannibalised.

Perhaps their newly introduced MEL service calls for additional aircraft to be put into service?

Perhaps their newly introduced MEL service calls for additional aircraft to be put into service?

That thought crossed my mind too, so far all MEL flights have been operated by the PER B738 regular trio of -LNV, W and Y.

Melbourne being operated by 738's is surprising as it's gotta be right at the extreme payload limitations of a 738, would of thought it was a guaranteed B739ER service.

QF B738's operating DPS-SYD (and the upcoming DPS-MEL route) operate payload restricted with centre seats blocked in the forward economy cabin.

That thought crossed my mind too, so far all MEL flights have been operated by the PER B738 regular trio of -LNV, W and Y.

Melbourne being operated by 738's is surprising as it's gotta be right at the extreme payload limitations of a 738, would of thought it was a guaranteed B739ER service.

QF B738's operating DPS-SYD (and the upcoming DPS-MEL route) operate payload restricted with centre seats blocked in the forward economy cabin.

Actually, BNE-DPS has a block time of 5 minutes more compared to MEL-DPS. Usually, the block time for BNE-DPS is about 7 hours with block fuel of about 18t using SUB as the alternate. Max fuel for the B737NG is about 20t. Winter is the most limiting time because of the strong wind.

I've done BNE a few times, will be doing MEL later in the month. As for the load, it is mostly BNE or MEL to DPS traffic consisting of mainly Aussies, and separate DPS-KUL vv traffic.

Appreciate your response Capt. Radzi.

Interesting to read most of the ex Australia capacity is most point to point capacity flying to DPS and not onwards to KUL and beyond.

I assume it's Malindo/Batik charters that now see flights to/fro BKI from secondary Chinese airports such as Yiwu (YIW), Zhengzhou (CGO), Changsha (CSX) and Wenzhou (WNZ) last couple of days

(of which the latter two, I had previously years ago been stranded at, courtesy of Chinese fog :))

Edited by BC Tam

It shows that Malindo have a lot of free aircraft.

When you take a look at some new videos at youtube...KUL-SIN or KUL-BDO....loadfactor dont look very good.

I assume it's Malindo/Batik charters that now see flights to/fro BKI from secondary Chinese airports such as Yiwu (YIW), Zhengzhou (CGO), Changsha (CSX) and Wenzhou (WNZ) last couple of days

(of which the latter two, I had previously years ago been stranded at, courtesy of Chinese fog :))

They are also doing ICN although not daily.

Neither are those Chinese cities done daily :)

Wonder who is undertaking these charters - local or Chinese party ?

The flights are not sold on the website to travellers resident in Thailand. They are all pre-sold to major Chinese tour operators.

This month, Nok Air is also contracted by travel companies in China, that buy the entire flight’s seat allotment, to ferry groups from four other cities in China; Yinchuan (once weekly), Haikao (three weekly), Changsha (three weekly), and Linyi (two weekly).

Five-day tours, including return flight tickets, will cost 1,080 yuan (164 U.S. dollars), and six-day tours will be 1,280 yuan (194 U.S. dollars), including taxes.

This is the normal procedure for Charter flights from China....in this case to Pattaya.

Unbelievable how cheap this trips are for the chinese people.

But in the end...the airlines who do such services couldnt gain much money with that! ( Nokair, Thai Lion, Malindo )

10Aug OD Inaugural flight to SIN from BKI.

depart BKI as OD830 (STD 0915 / STA 1140)
Depart SIN as OD831 (STD 1240 / STA 1505)

Malindo Air launched three times weekly Kota Kinabalu-Nanning service on 13-Aug-2018, according the CAPA Route Changes Database. The carrier is the sole operator on the route, according to OAG.

Malindo Air announced (14-Aug-2018) plans to launch twice weekly Penang-Nanning service with Boeing 737-800 equipment, effective 18-Aug-2018. The carrier will be the sole operator on the route, according to OAG

Source: Capa

Seems like they still have some free capacity...

Edited by Holger

Seems like they still have some free capacity...

Charter flights, I think.

Sorry, slightly off topic but can anyone advise when is Malindo changing it's name to Batik. It's confusing seeing two names under one airline brand.
Also is Malindo/Batik getting any of the B737MAX in the near future?

Thank you.

Sorry, slightly off topic but can anyone advise when is Malindo changing it's name to Batik. It's confusing seeing two names under one airline brand.

Thank you.

They got rid of the MAX unless Im mistaken?

I think officially its trade name is Batik Malaysia and the latest aircraft livery has reflected that, "Batik Malaysia, Operated by Malindo Air". I doubt they are going to repaint the old aircraft in the new colours until they become due for normally scheduled repainting. Malindo Air is the corporate legal entity.

As for the Max, they don't need any new aircraft yet because their current fleet is still not fully utilised. They took delivery of the all economy class Max last year but that was soon transferred out as it had no business class seating. I would think any future deliveries of the Max will have a more normal configuration with Business Class seats.

Malindo Air resumes Kuala Lumpur-Tiruchirappalli service

20-Aug-2018

Tiruchirappalli Airport, via its official Facebook account, reported (17-Aug-2018) Malindo Air resumed daily Kuala Lumpur-Tiruchirappalli service. The service was temporarily halted due to shortage of flights, the airport said. AirAsia also operates on the route, according to OAG.

Source: Capa

"Shortage of flights"? :sorry:

More shortage of planes or crew?

Malindo Air in the first quarter of 2019 is reducing Kuala Lumpur – Denpasar – Brisbane route on temporary basis, as the airline scheduled 4 weekly flights instead of 7. Service reduction is in effect from 02FEB19 to 30MAR19.

Boeing 737-800 aircraft operates this route.

OD157 KUL1815 – 2120DPS2200 – 0540+1BNE 738 x246

OD158 BNE0700 – 1145DPS1245 – 1545KUL 738 x357

The airline will also adjust this service to 4 weekly for Northern summer 2019 season, from 30APR19 to 27JUN19.

Source: airlineroute