MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mr.Bandit

Malindo New Routes & Destinations

Thanks Captain and congrats on your new command too.

Has anyone been able to visually confirm whether -LNC and -LND have been fitted with IFE? Charlie is still operating regional

flights and Delta has been operating long EDTO sectors?

Even LCM n LCK is still without IFE

There was a link posted at the time when they were granted approval for MEL A330 flights, the seat count in Y was slightly higher than a D7 A333.

From memory the other destinations were JED and NRT for the 3 birds.

It's good too see nothing has changed at Malindo.

In the past hour I've received two seperate emails from my travel agent advising of flight cancellations.

OD2102 KL-Penang on the 30/10 and OD155 KL-Perth on the 13/11 have both been cancelled.

Alternate flights have been offered which involved an extended layover at KLIA and cutting my holiday short on the way home and put on the day-flight back to PER.

As a loyal OD FF, really getting fed up of being jerked around.

OD151/152 has been permanently upgraded to a B739ER too, but we've already seen a couple of B738 substitutions.

I wonder if OD is now in trouble because of its unreliability.

Pax can only tolerate a certain level of delays, beyond which, they will use alternative carriers.

Since they do not publish operational statistics, we can only guess. But Airasia (in its Q3 reports) are boasting that the competition is getting weaker. So, make your own inferences....

In the past hour I've received two seperate emails from my travel agent advising of flight cancellations.

OD2102 KL-Penang on the 30/10 and OD155 KL-Perth on the 13/11 have both been cancelled.

Alternate flights have been offered which involved an extended layover at KLIA and cutting my holiday short on the way home and put on the day-flight back to PER.

OD151/152 has been permanently upgraded to a B739ER too, but we've already seen a couple of B738 substitutions.

Please file a complaint to Mavcom the more reports garnered the more fine Malindo accumulates to shake their operation back into status quo. You might not get something back but it will get OD back to its senses. MAS and AK received 6digit fines months ago and have tried to fine tune the flight frequency and OTP and not to screw up consumers reservation.

You can file it here: http://www.mavcom.my/en/consumer/make-a-complaint/

I wonder if OD is now in trouble because of its unreliability.

Pax can only tolerate a certain level of delays, beyond which, they will use alternative carriers.

On personal note, I am already consciously avoiding OD where there are reasonable MH/AK alternatives (which isn't too difficult, since they outnumber OD flights by quite a wide margin anyway)

And we skipped QR on our recent UK trip because the BKI-KUL sector was only offered with OD connection from BKI- recent experience had our BKI-KUL vv OD flights rescheduled a few times before day of travel. We imagined the worst and could not stomach the anxiety of waiting to see if they decide to get us to KUL on time for QR flight to DOH :)

To be honest I havent had many bad experiences with OD, with them being my 1st choice alternating with MH. Only complaint is their frequencies and timing which limits my connections towards other destinations out of KUL. But their product has to be consistent regarding their IFEs.

To be honest I havent had many bad experiences with OD, with them being my 1st choice alternating with MH. Only complaint is their frequencies and timing which limits my connections towards other destinations out of KUL. But their product has to be consistent regarding their IFEs.

OD ife content is a hit or miss in terms of entertainment movie and audio content. While interface is good, they are reported to be lowest storage space specs to be fitted and is meant more for audio n video on demand LCC. Hence very few movie and tv show title and no audio catalogue. Edited by jahur

OD ife content is a hit or miss in terms of entertainment movie and audio content. While interface is good, they are reported to be lowest storage space specs to be fitted and is meant more for audio n video on demand LCC. Hence very few movie and tv show title and no audio catalogue.

Better than not available at all. Wonder how's their in-flight WiFi? AK seems to be reintroducing their on-board WiFi as at least 3 of 4 flights I took recently have WiFi available.

Used ak rokki's online cloud ife on my phone and got bunch pokemon and local tv shows to watch but not sure how often the content is cycled.

Yesterday I was at KBR - noticed that 3 Malindo's flights to Subang were cancelled. I think this is the norm these days. I have been through many cancellations by Malindo turboprop. Therefore I wonder, why bother with multiple flights in the schedule when the business of the day is to cancel those flights that are not full? Find them to be so unreliable these days, especially if I need to choose flights based on timings.

And I also wondered about their aggressive expansion .....

Edited by Lim Kar Yong

Yesterday I was at KBR - noticed that 3 Malindo's flights to Subang were cancelled. I think this is the norm these days. I have been through many cancellations by Malindo turboprop. Therefore I wonder, why bother with multiple flights in the schedule when the business of the day is to cancel those flights that are not full? Find them to be so unreliable these days, especially if I need to choose flights based on timings.

And I also wondered about their aggressive expansion .....

I have one booking with them/OD and re-timed/scheduled twice already, not sure OD is dependable.

I had 4 retiming/cancellations and reschedules on my current PER-PEN-PER trip! Absolutely ludacris. Ill be going back to MH especially if PER reverts to widebodies. You cannot rely on OD this is a common theme everytime I travel with them.

Dun think this is exclusive to malindo but even fy and maswings have been notorious for cancellation. Nowadays anything below 40% load gets cancelled because of the low yield op. While airlines like klm express and JAL commuter operating turboprop overseas can fly with 18pax or 20% load and remain in break even point.

i believe they flew this route before

I remember they flew PEN-HDY. Not sure about SZB though, probably they did too

I had 4 retiming/cancellations and reschedules on my current PER-PEN-PER trip! Absolutely ludacris. Ill be going back to MH especially if PER reverts to widebodies. You cannot rely on OD this is a common theme everytime I travel with them.

I know the feeling. 1-2 months ago switched to SQ/MI and sometimes MH for the weekly commute to SIN and much more reliable. Have also noticed that the J prices are creeping up and up with the flexi fare almost double what it was this time last year.

Was screwed up left right centre top down front back by Malindo and Thai Lion Air yesterday .. and today on my own initiation found out will be screwed again for upcoming flights this Sunday. Too long to elaborate - took necessary precautions, yet got caught. Just that its sayonara, hasta la vista baby, from now on ! #F*%@LionGroup

Edited by V Wong

Seems OD cant allign their operations at the moment. One of the major issues folks have leak is Etops rating and flightplan requires both captain and co-pilots to be rated and took classes for it however training and sim constraint slot in Jakarta means longer time to get FO's online for line training and OD already having issues with staff shortage. This is why OD needs its own 737ng sim instead of churning out quick cockpit crew but each batch with different classes taken. This has sometimes and most of the time cause pre planned flights to india and aussie to deviate slightly and remain closer to land thereby causing the flights block time taking longer. This brought on by the fact operation is unable to set different flying block time for certain regional sectors as u may have etops rated capts and fo crew to ply the straight flightplan today then having non etops rated crew being prepped for route on the next day. These combination cause a very long domino affect on certain aircraft pattern results the serious amount of retiming and rescheduling.

Edited by jahur