MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mr.Bandit

Malindo New Routes & Destinations

Do they have enough B737NGs for the route expansion? Since they're not adding new jets.

Currently, the fleet comprises of 20 x B738 and 6 x B739. Malindo does not release any information about their operations and finances as it is a private company. Based on many people's observations, the fleet is not fully utilised.

Edited by flee

Malindo’s total seat capacity has declined in 2018 and it could end the year carrying less passengers than the 7.2 million transported in 2017. However, Malindo has increased ASKs and aircraft utilisation as it has continued to expand in the international market while reducing domestic capacity.

Malindo has been focusing on consolidating its position and improving profitability. This is a sensible strategy, given that it has not been profitable since operations began five years ago, and the intensely competitive nature of the Malaysian market

https://centreforaviation.com/analysis/reports/se-asia-fleet-lion-slows-growth-airasia-vietjet-more-aggressive-432477.

@flee

23x738

6x 739

Dont forget the 3 738 under the "Batik" brand...

Edited by Holger

BKI - SIN to likely be axed next month

Haha. Almost every day cancel flight.

is it due to the departure time slot? kinda surprise that BKI - SIN not working out.

Tony had doubled from one time daily to two times daily...

Haha. Almost every day cancel flight.

That doesn't tie in with FR24 data which shows only 3 or 4 cancelations since Aug 10

That doesn't tie in with FR24 data which shows only 3 or 4 cancelations since Aug 10

I didn't check the FR24, just comment from my son whenever we wanted to go spotting.

Bki-sin Everytime hearing on the atc radio pob 20-30ish once in a blue moon 80++. They even failed to capture silk air folks probably due to lack of onward connectivity.

Kota Kinabalu - Wuhan from 28th october 3/7 against Tonys daily flight.

Seems to me Malindo likes to follow the "footstep" of Airasia instead of introducing new and "untested" route. Whats the chances of this Wuhan route will not suffer the same fate as their Spore's one?

Seems to me Malindo likes to follow the "footstep" of Airasia instead of introducing new and "untested" route

Not quite so nowadays - they are doing/trying a lot of so called 'secondary' Chinese cities out from BKI nowadays

I think they 'pioneered' Zhengzhou (CGO) not too long ago and it seem that Shanghai Airlines (FM) has jumped onto the bandwagon too nowadays - an indication route is lucrative ?

Then you get places like Changsha, Tianjin etc as well

Don't recall AirAsia ever 'testing' those routes before :)

Though admittedly a few of these, eg Wenzhou, have since been dropped I believe :)

Edited by BC Tam

Not quite so nowadays - they are doing/trying a lot of so called 'secondary' Chinese cities out from BKI nowadays

I think they 'pioneered' Zhengzhou (CGO) not too long ago and it seem that Shanghai Airlines (FM) has jumped onto the bandwagon too nowadays - an indication route is lucrative ?

Then you get places like Changsha, Tianjin etc as well

Don't recall AirAsia ever 'testing' those routes before :)

Though admittedly a few of these, eg Wenzhou, have since been dropped I believe :)

i thought these few routes to the chinese cities are only chartered flights?

i thought these few routes to the chinese cities are only chartered flights?

That would be my recollection too :)

But you never know what these charters can eventually lead to - remember those Korean Air charters from years back ? And those China Southern charters during our school holiday breaks ? Look where things have developed into nowadays :)

BKI-TSN is bookable through the website... but no idea whether they publish or not.
anyway, i did a dummy search for 09Oct BKI-TSN cost around RM1,700+ on the Flexi fare.

but on 10Oct, it cost only RM1,100+ on the Value fare. which quite value as you can get 3 sector, which is BKI-KUL KUL-HKT HKT-TSN, from 8am to 10pm AS IF all flight are smooth. :lazy:

LNF last night operated OD155/156 and today OD151/152 to/from Perth, it was her first visit to Australia, which is quite remarkable.

I've seen a photo of her taken today and she's no sporting EDTO titles below the cockpit windows, does anyone when she was converted?

Loadings must be favourable as 900ER's are now regular visitors here.

Read Malindo are set to commence a 4 day weekly service to ADL via DPS in 1Q 2019.

OD173/174 with an evening arrival/departure ex ADL.

Wonder if we'll see some additional aircraft added to their fleet.

Seems like OD is buildong up DPS as their scissors hub for Australian routes. Beating D7 to ADL too. Let's hope the numbers and yield are good

Don't think that their loads are good. But they should have more staying power than Airasia X ....

This is actually good for those who frequent DPS. This OD strategy will make the total number of seats from KUL to DPS high or more than demand, which will put pressure on the price.