MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mr.Bandit

Malindo New Routes & Destinations

Why is there no uniformity in OD's services? Apart from the obvious livery issues, and then the NGs with no IFEs followed by LCC config on 737MAX.. it's like a lottery. Will i get bumped down to Y? Will I get no IFEs? It's affecting customers' trust.

Why is there no uniformity in OD's services? Apart from the obvious livery issues, and then the NGs with no IFEs followed by LCC config on 737MAX.. it's like a lottery. Will i get bumped down to Y? Will I get no IFEs? It's affecting customers' trust.

Completely agree.

Have probably done 70-80 sectors with them over the past year and the delays coupled with the equipment uniformity issues means that IMHO they are worse than ever.

Their strong point is that the price is usually pretty good and the J seats in row 1 have lots of space.

Just missed out on KF gold this year so kicking myself that I didn't use SQ/MI/TG a little more.. oh well.

Ive never worked for an airline so I'm really struggling to understand why delays cant be effectively communicated via SMS or Apps etc. Its almost like oh crap our plane is an hour late taking off from KL so we had better tell the Singapore that its a little delayed by 40 mins when any regular will know that the real delay will be around 1.5 hours.

Does anybody know how to get OTP data? I can search via FR 24 for individual flights but thats a pretty slow way of doing it?

Well, you wont get downgraded to Y for lack of a J cabin but everything else can also be said about MH 738 services.

Well, you wont get downgraded to Y for lack of a J cabin but everything else can also be said about MH 738 services.

And thats why I stopped using them as well last year haha

I thought the non IFE 738s of MH are long gone.. true that price of OD is quite competitive.

I thought the non IFE 738s of MH are long gone.. true that price of OD is quite competitive.

I was in one a few months ago - i think about 5 months ago. Hopefully they are gone now. The interior is really bad .. worse than any of AK planes

I was in one a few months ago - i think about 5 months ago. Hopefully they are gone now. The interior is really bad .. worse than any of AK planes

They are not gone. Still around including the new liveried ones.

About 1/6 of the fleet has no IFE and with old J and Y seats

Edited by Mushrif A

There are still nine non-standard MH B737NG flying around. 9M-MLE to 9M-MLL, and 9M-FFF.

Getting back to topic, it seems like OD OTD is really poor. There are many complaints on their wall, many station flight delays for hours sometimes up to a day without notification to pax. I am not sure if Australian ATSB is going to be very pleased to see such incompetene airline operation.

Maybe affected folks should start telling MAVCOM to look into this matter.

Im writing to them now

Dozens of reports already filed to mavcom. OD paid some fines but am not sure what is the amount. Their aircraft rotation to turnaround and check in service time are not optimised for lcc but theyre trying to run them like lcc hence backlog delays. Flight pattern for crew also a headache minimum rest period with odd short layover are very common. Also known for cancelling flights and jumbling pax to another flight at the last min especially for bki and kch.

Edited by jahur

I have to agree, OD is bad at keeping to their departure times.

Our departure from KLIA was "re-timed" or delayed by 1 hour, pilot said due to waiting for passengers from another flight.

Today our departure from DPS is "re-timed" to depart 5 hours later @1.50am.

Update: Checked FR24, OD308 just left KL 00:26. Madness! Our departure has been delayed a further 2 hours to 3.50am!

I am guessing I will be avoiding OD till they get their act together.

PS: Not the first time this has happened.

Just checked FR24 then and it lists 11 OD flights currently active, 9 of those 11 flights are in excess of 2hrs behind schedule, the exceptions being OD155/267. I can't check the Jeddah flight OD267 as the app doesn't bring up any flight data.

My last flight with OD. When i book the ticket, it says 945am, but upon check in the time shown as 1005.

Boarding process was slow as it was only manned by one Ground Staff - she stood in front of the holding area door and checked all pax boarding pass there, resulting a long queue crossing the hallway. After half an hour, there's the call to board the ac and there's still many pax outside of the holding area still q-ing. Only by then another staff came to help the process while the previous GSA started to scan the boarding passes.

Had the LCK and LCL - both are without IFE.

Contrary to AK, even the Cabin Crew came down to helped to check boarding passes and help with the boarding process.

Edited by Fahiruz

My last flight with OD. When i book the ticket, it says 945am, but upon check in the time shown as 1005.

Boarding process was slow as it was only manned by one Ground Staff - she stood in front of the holding area door and checked all pax boarding pass there, resulting a long queue crossing the hallway. After half an hour, there's the call to board the ac and there's still many pax outside of the holding area still q-ing. Only by then another staff came to help the process while the previous GSA started to scan the boarding passes.

Had the LCK and LCL - both are without IFE.

Contrary to AK, even the Cabin Crew came down to helped to check boarding passes and help with the boarding process.

the BP checking queue is quite common. Sometimes only 1 x-ray machine is working so you have a big queue then its followed by a single member of staff checking the BP before you enter the gate holding area.

When I was flying back to SIN from KL on OD801 earlier this month I was in 1A and there was a discrepancy when the head-count was conducted. Turned out there was an additional pax on-board and the FA's were confused whether it was because of infants.

To cut a long story and the now expected Malindo delays, when the seating manifest was cross-checked turns out a passenger possibly of Bangladeshi origin had mistakenly managed to board the wrong flight, his flight was OD151 to Perth which left from the gate alongside! I felt quite sorry and sympathetic for him as I watched the PER flight push back on-time so who knows what happened with his luggage, which I thought had to be offloaded in the event of a no-show.

I reported matter to OD customer care when I received my 'Thank you for flying with Malindo Air' email and received a generic email in response.

Still waiting visual confirmation on -LNC and D but nothing delivered factrory fresh after -LNZ has IFE so -LCK, LCL, LCM and LCP has IFE fitted.

-LNZ definitely has IFE installed it's the late 2016/17 deliveries that don't have it installed due to a supposed vendor supply issue.

When the first A333 due for Melbourne flights?

When I was flying back to SIN from KL on OD801 earlier this month I was in 1A and there was a discrepancy when the head-count was conducted. Turned out there was an additional pax on-board and the FA's were confused whether it was because of infants.

To cut a long story and the now expected Malindo delays, when the seating manifest was cross-checked turns out a passenger possibly of Bangladeshi origin had mistakenly managed to board the wrong flight, his flight was OD151 to Perth which left from the gate alongside! I felt quite sorry and sympathetic for him as I watched the PER flight push back on-time so who knows what happened with his luggage, which I thought had to be offloaded in the event of a no-show.

I reported matter to OD customer care when I received my 'Thank you for flying with Malindo Air' email and received a generic email in response.

Still waiting visual confirmation on -LNC and D but nothing delivered factrory fresh after -LNZ has IFE so -LCK, LCL, LCM and LCP has IFE fitted.

-LNZ definitely has IFE installed it's the late 2016/17 deliveries that don't have it installed due to a supposed vendor supply issue.

When the first A333 due for Melbourne flights?

it should be the mistake of the ground staff who had failed to properly checked the pax boarding pass. Quite weird as i thought each boarding pass need to be scanned first before each pax is allowed to pass thru and KUL doesnt have common boarding area and gate.

After a PR meltdown on its FB wall, Malindo acknowledged they have operational issue due to two aircraft grounding relating to technical issue.

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2017/07/02/grounded-malindo-aircraft-causes-delays-and-rescheduling/

The delays have been going on for months lol just that it got way worse recently by the current situation.

the BP checking queue is quite common. Sometimes only 1 x-ray machine is working so you have a big queue then its followed by a single member of staff checking the BP before you enter the gate holding area.

domestic flight. the slow q was just to enter the holding area.

small things that leads to unnecessary delays.

It's at least 3 aircraft grounded as -LNL is still waiting for a flap assembly. Don't believe it's flown since April.

FR24 reveals lots of late running flights this evening. OD1005 from BKI is nearly 12hrs behind schedule.