MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mr.Bandit

Malindo New Routes & Destinations

Had to wait my bag for 1hour in bkk twice on et and tg with 45min of immigration queing. Different story in DMK tho, bag already on the couresal when i went down the escalator while immigration queue took about 30minutes in dmk travelling with ak.

that must be exception than norm though as i travelled almost every month to BKK and never in my memory had i ever waited for 1 hour for my bag regardless of airline

I have to but just take Malindo's scheduling at 'approximate' value only now

My upcoming outbound flight has been changed to a later flight in the day

(not long after making fun of my sister for her cancelled MYY-KUL booking) my incoming flight was changed to an earlier flight on the day, itself since been rescheduled for earlier in the day

I'm just grateful for now I had padded sufficient hours round my schedule before booking

It is rather unsettling somehow

Edited by BC Tam

that must be exception than norm though as i travelled almost every month to BKK and never in my memory had i ever waited for 1 hour for my bag regardless of airline

Yes must be rare because most of my friends have commented that BKK'S baggage handling and timings are way ahead than DMK which is already quite competent by itself..

Edited by jahur

Don't arrive around midnight at BKK. That's my observation.

Last 2 sectors have been good and on time, fingers crossed for tomorrow night

Malindo goes global

PETALING JAYA: Malindo Air will spread its wings to the Middle East, Europe and Africa. The airline, which has predominantly been operating in Asia since its started operations in March 2013, is working on interline and codeshare arrangements to spread its wings globally.
Read more at http://www.thestar.com.my/business/business-news/2017/05/11/malindo-goes-global/#05EsWPd2PZ2DDfY3.99

OD is getting ambitious. I still find most of their prominent domestic routes not as vast as AK and MH.

Malindo goes global

PETALING JAYA: Malindo Air will spread its wings to the Middle East, Europe and Africa. The airline, which has predominantly been operating in Asia since its started operations in March 2013, is working on interline and codeshare arrangements to spread its wings globally.

Read more at http://www.thestar.com.my/business/business-news/2017/05/11/malindo-goes-global/#05EsWPd2PZ2DDfY3.99

OD is getting ambitious. I still find most of their prominent domestic routes not as vast as AK and MH.

Before they get such a big head, kindly stabilise their operation first. Delay and cancellation are abundant, like AirAsia. Don't they have Qatar Airways as ME interline partner already, why not upgrade them to code sharing as well?

Edited by JuliusWong

Before they get such a big head, kindly stabilise their operation first. Delay and cancellation are abundant, like AirAsia. Don't they have Qatar Airways as ME interline partner already, why not upgrade them to code sharing as well?

Extravagant expansion plan normally mean they are pitching for funding, should take with a pinch of salt.

Edited by KK Lee

It would be more interesting to see what they can do when their A333s arrive at the end of this year.

Thought my FB timeline had been quiet. Seems that Malindo hasty been updating their FB page for some time.

Wonder what has happened?

Flying to SZB from KBR this June... can't wait to sample OD's service on this type and route. But SZB route from KBR is known for its notorious delays. Especially of the afternoon flights. Seen 3 OD ATR take off within 10min of each other from KBR to SZB.

What's the latest on the 738's that weren't fitted with PTV screens at delivery due to seat supply issues? Have they been retrofitted yet?

-LNC, LND and I think possibly -LCK also.

Malindo Air (Batik Air Malaysia) on Wednesday (17MAY17) updated its schedule, which sees the launch of world’s first Boeing 737MAX 8 service (7M8). The all-Economy Class 180-seater aircraft is scheduled to enter service on 22MAY17, operating on following routes.

Current 737MAX 8 schedule is updated until 30JUN17 inclusive, and is subject to change.

Kuala Lumpur – Dhaka
23MAY17 OD166/165
24MAY17 – 30JUN17 OD163/164, OD165/166 (from 01JUN17)

Kuala Lumpur – Lahore
01JUN17 – 30JUN17 OD131/132

Kuala Lumpur – Langkawi
01JUN17 – 30JUN17 OD2206/2205

Kuala Lumpur – Singapore
22MAY17 OD803/804
01JUN17 – 30JUN17 OD801/802

Thought my FB timeline had been quiet. Seems that Malindo hasty been updating their FB page for some time.

Wonder what has happened?

I think it's probably the Facebook algorithm noting that you have not been interacting with the Malindo page for some time & thus have put other pages content higher up on your timeline's priority.

Looking at their page there had been a steady stream of posts.

A couple of interesting tidbits.

Batik Air Indonesia are finally starting up DPS-PER-DPS flights in June twice daily using a B739ER.

There is a rumour circulating that Malindo are set to commence trans-tasman services potentially from PER to destinations in NZ, using bilateral agreements which are currently in-place, similar to what D7 does from OOL.

A couple of interesting tidbits.

Batik Air Indonesia are finally starting up DPS-PER-DPS flights in June twice daily using a B739ER.

There is a rumour circulating that Malindo are set to commence trans-tasman services potentially from PER to destinations in NZ, using bilateral agreements which are currently in-place, similar to what D7 does from OOL.

From PER to NZ? Using a single aisle aircraft? How would it be competitive compared to NZ using B787?

From PER to NZ? Using a single aisle aircraft? How would it be competitive compared to NZ using B787?

KUL-PER-AKL might be a planned route for their new A333s that are due for delivery towards the end of 2017.

What's the latest on the 738's that weren't fitted with PTV screens at delivery due to seat supply issues? Have they been retrofitted yet?

Nope still havent

I think it's probably the Facebook algorithm noting that you have not been interacting with the Malindo page for some time & thus have put other pages content higher up on your timeline's priority.

Looking at their page there had been a steady stream of posts.

Stange because I looked at the page and no updates for several weeks. Will look again later

Was on -LCL , also no PTv

Neither does -LCM and I can confirm -LCK definitely doesn't either.

So that makes it: -LNC, LND, LCK, LCL, LCM and presumably LCP also.

-LNC hasn't flown for a at least a month now so I wonder if this is at Batam Aero Technic having PTV screens fitted??

900ER -LNL is still parked opposite B6 with it's engines covered over and plastic sheeting over several missing fuselage panels on her port-side and doesn't appear to of flown since late April.

With recent deliveries there's always appear to be excess OD B737's parked languishing at KL.

Neither does -LCM and I can confirm -LCK definitely doesn't either.

So that makes it: -LNC, LND, LCK, LCL, LCM and presumably LCP also.

-LNC hasn't flown for a at least a month now so I wonder if this is at Batam Aero Technic having PTV screens fitted??

900ER -LNL is still parked opposite B6 with it's engines covered over and plastic sheeting over several missing fuselage panels on her port-side and doesn't appear to of flown since late April.

With recent deliveries there's always appear to be excess OD B737's parked languishing at KL.

Wonder what is wrong with LNL?