MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mr.Bandit

Malindo New Routes & Destinations

I wonder how is the procedure in DPS.

I just did the AKL flight with D7, transiting in OOL. Everybody has to go down with their belongings, go through security and board again. I don't see any necessity in the procedure except to make things more difficult for the passengers. Hopefully Indonesia don't have a similar procedure for transit passengers.

I think all international flights that stopover in Australia (although there are only a handful of stopover flights in Australia) have to go through the de-boarding, rescreening and reboarding process. For instance, I know all EK flights to / from NZ with stopovers in Australia have to go thru this.

Signs that Malindo Air is not doing as well as they expected. This reminds me of Airasia - try the route and if the performance is poor, they cut it! Normally, airlines would increase frequencies during their summer schedule but it looks like Malindo is doing the reverse!

Signs that Malindo Air is not doing as well as they expected. This reminds me of Airasia - try the route and if the performance is poor, they cut it! Normally, airlines would increase frequencies during their summer schedule but it looks like Malindo is doing the reverse!

sadly AK is charging premium on this route being the sole player....unfortunate for OD not being able to capture part of the business

I believe it is not because of no pax flying to those cancelled routes. From what I have observed, OD is having pilot shortage issues. Ambitious but no staff to fly their planes.

Pay & contract package is not as attractive as offered by Air Asia. Currently, Air Asia is the best paid airlines in Malaysia, at least for a Captain. If OD could offer something different, I am sure people will come running across the terminal.

On today's BNE inaugural, they were phoning everyone to sit on the right hand side. The trip itself is not that interesting for tech crews. Fly to BNE, with tech stop in DPS, and fly back to KUL 24 hours later.

On today's BNE inaugural, they were phoning everyone to sit on the right hand side. The trip itself is not that interesting for tech crews. Fly to BNE, with tech stop in DPS, and fly back to KUL 24 hours later.

Why on the right side?

Why on the right side?

What affendi means is basically there's no FO

just wondering why the rush to start flight to destination without the right equipment? compare to A320, 737 cabin is definitely smaller and cramped, the only reason i survived DEL-KUL previously on MH 737 was because i was seated at the exit row and luckily didnt have any urge to use the toilet. VN flies their A321 to most destinations within 5 hours flight time with 3 toilets for Y pax which for me is acceptable to provide comfort.

Their OTP seems really messed up. For my short weekly KUL-SIN commute I never get to the airport early (60 mins max) and on Friday trip case alerted me that OD806 was retimed by 90 mins when I was 5 mins from Changi.

Today OD807 is delayed (retimed) by at least 80 mins and this time tripcase alerted me to a gate change when I was 20 mins from KLIA. Upon looking I find that the departure time was still 15:10 but the arrival time moved from 16:10 to 17:30. Strangely enough the check in staff insisted that there wasn't a gate change and printed the boarding pass with C16 however the FD screens match trip case and show C31. Sigh....

No SMS, email or call from Malindo. The staff at Changi tell me that control in KL never advise until the last minute or not at all.

I see that the noise on FB seems to get getting worse.

This coupled with the price increase will probably make me move to another airline at least in the short term.

Frustrated.......

Malindo is expanding near the threshold, lack of Fo as many are still clearing sim and line plus many new planes are coming in but they are deployed in tight rotation that tech issues or delay will leave wide network disruption due to rapid expansion.

Malindo is expanding near the threshold, lack of Fo as many are still clearing sim and line plus many new planes are coming in but they are deployed in tight rotation that tech issues or delay will leave wide network disruption due to rapid expansion.

To compound matters it took well over an hour to turn the aircraft around. No announcements, no updates to FID's and the ground crew just said waiting for boarding clearance.

Malindo and AirAsia are competing for most complaints on their respective FB. Lolx

On a more serious note, one would wonder how and what are they going to do if they push their expansion further? Rumours are going around they are going for SYD and MEL, clearly bringing their fight to MH and AirAsia Group.

Could it be the bad operation habit of Lion Group is now trickling down to Malindo?? God bless everyone arrive safe and sound.

Rumours are going around they are going for SYD and MEL, clearly bringing their fight to MH and AirAsia Group.

That is what the A330s are for.

To compound matters it took well over an hour to turn the aircraft around. No announcements, no updates to FID's and the ground crew just said waiting for boarding clearance.

And they are withdrawing the Miri route. A lots of complaints on that I saw at the comments on Malindo fb page.

That is what the A330s are for.

True that, but do they have the slot to do so and the competency to support such service since their current B737 operation is all over the place?? Australia regulator is not very kind to airlines which retime, delay or cancel flight without proper compensation.

Recently, my friend received an email from OD mentioning her flight from JHB to KUL been changed to SZB.

i don't know if other OD pax had been experienced this problem before.

Flights cancellation are rather common too - out of 4 flights I took with OD the past few months, 3 were cancelled and I was placed on either an earlier or later flights - messed up all my schedule since these were all day trips for meetings.

C8eVdlhUQAAvKOv.jpg

Business so good to these destinations?

I am intrigued by Kathmandu - so many airlines plying the route now. Who are flying on them?

This is something I don't understand as well, is weird enough for them to take over an hour to turn a narrowbody aircraft around!

Will be logging OD1651, OD2106, OD 2103 & MH 2598 this coming weekend...I am ready to sample OD for the first time; let see how it goes. But judging from the past OTP, I am prepared for the delays perhaps...