MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mr.Bandit

Malindo New Routes & Destinations

and LND

LNC,LND, LCK. Noted. Thanks for the info. Hopefully I wont get troll by these 3 on my next Malindo flight. :)

LNC and LND definitely. LCK is in storage all taped up at Lion Aero Technic in Batam, so hopefully PTV's will be fitted prior to it entering service.

No word on LCL and LCM yet.

Any word on when the next ex PK Batik B737 is due to be added to the fleet??

Just wondering if they have having tech or crew issues because the last 6 or 7 flights I took on OD 804/805/806/807 since Xmas were delayed between 1 and 4 hours.

I think they are tight for capacity, OD works their fleet hard and there is little redundancy built into the schedules to recover.

It'd be an interesting comparison seeing the average daily utilisation hours between an OD and MH B737.

Massive growth at OD with 3 B738's due into the fleet in the near future. It would be nice to see OD increase frequencies to key domestic destinations as AK are doing. KUL-PEN is only serviced 3 times per day currently.

Also a side note I've seen a recent video on #IG which appears to show a Lion group B737 being painted into the Batik livery, at the end of the clip it shows -LCD being inspected so I'm not convinced. Has anyone seen recently -LNK and what livery she's wearing? I've seen recent images of -LNG in Batam and it's still in OD livery although very patchy and tacky.

Has anyone seen recently -LNK and what livery she's wearing? I've seen recent images of -LNG in Batam and it's still in OD livery although very patchy and tacky.

Here is LNK, spotted on 30 Jan 2017:

31799250204_429997439d_c.jpg

Here is LNK, spotted on 30 Jan 2017:

31799250204_429997439d_c.jpg

Great shot as always flee, coincidentally -LNK made her maiden visit to Perth today operating OD151/152.

I was in seat 1A at the front bit teh crew told me there is no system on the plane and the safety demo was manual.

Note another marketing ploy is wifi but only 6 planes have it

Only 5 have it...the 4 EDTO ones + -LNG.

Just following on from my posting in the 2017 deliveries thread BNE is now listed in the February edition of Malindomag, wasn't even aware it had been announced.

Also something of interest...OD151 down to PER for the second consecutive day has operated a non ETOPS flight path, normally this flight overflies Pelembang then south over the Indian Ocean, again today its heading towards Bali and then turned south overflying Western Australia.

This increases the flight time and obviously the distance.

It's being operated by 9M-LNV the 'usual' Perth plane.

Any reasoning behind this?

Just following on from my posting in the 2017 deliveries thread BNE is now listed in the February edition of Malindomag, wasn't even aware it had been announced.

Just got myself a copy too. I was as surprised as you are. I dont think they have make any official announcement yet, correct me if I'm wrong. This must be one of the world's longest B739/B738 flight. Can't imagine stuck in narrowbody for such a long time....

It is been told that Malindo will inaugurate its first flight OD267/8 to Jeddah from 21st Feb 2017 with twice weekly frequency and goes daily from 26 March onwards. I wonder what type of fleet does OD use. Seems the schedule journey time is about 11 hours 45 minutes. A330??

Edited by Mr.Bandit

It is been told that Malindo will inaugurate its first flight OD267/8 to Jeddah from 21st Feb 2017 with twice weekly frequency and goes daily from 26 March onwards. I wonder what type of fleet does OD use. Seems the schedule journey time is about 11 hours 45 minutes. A330??

That looks like a trip with a tech stop somewhere.

Just got myself a copy too. I was as surprised as you are. I dont think they have make any official announcement yet, correct me if I'm wrong. This must be one of the world's longest B739/B738 flight. Can't imagine stuck in narrowbody for such a long time....

KUL-BNE is about 6450km direct not including fuel reserves, OD lists the maximum range of the B737-900ER as 5990kms....something doesn't add up?!

Unless the magazine has a typo and the flight operates via somewhere like DRW??

That looks like a trip with a tech stop somewhere.

Tech Stop and crew change at AMD

Only 5 have it...the 4 EDTO ones + -LNG.

As per yesterday 6 EDTO Available

LNG at BTH maintenance

LNY & LNH due technical

KUL-BNE is about 6450km direct not including fuel reserves, OD lists the maximum range of the B737-900ER as 5990kms....something doesn't add up?!

Unless the magazine has a typo and the flight operates via somewhere like DRW??

Yes, something doesn't add up here. Perhaps through DPS or DRW like what you have mentioned. Such flight with tech or transit stop is less desirable though compare with D7 which fly direct to Gold Coast. Unless they are operating it with their new incoming A333.

I wonder if the route is sustainable in long run. MH quit, D7 has dabbled with BNE idea but nothing came out.

Yes, something doesn't add up here. Perhaps through DPS or DRW like what you have mentioned. Such flight with tech or transit stop is less desirable though compare with D7 which fly direct to Gold Coast. Unless they are operating it with their new incoming A333.

I wonder if the route is sustainable in long run. MH quit, D7 has dabbled with BNE idea but nothing came out.

If od codeshare kul-bne, this sector could be available on its partners network. It makes more sense to travel to Europe and Asia via KUL than Syd.

If CNS is within range, KUL-cns-bne is a possibility.

According to the CAPA article on OD and Lion Group recently, BNE is expected to be on an A330, if I am not wrong. They also plan to start SYD or MEL at some point in the next year.

Thought BNE was being tagged with DPS?

Also, non-EDTO (not ETOPS anymore) routing of OD flight to PER might be because of MEL item, restricting despatch of aircraft to flight paths that remain within 60 mins of a suitable alternate.

Both OD151/152 and 155/156 for the past couple of days and OD151 flew a similar inland routing, -LNV and -LNW both operated services.

OD152 tonight -LNV is operating the 'usual' EDTO routing back to KL.

Interestingly flying a non EDTO route overhead DPS then inland over WA returned an identical flight time to the open ocean flightpath.

Talking about Malindo, how to collect MalindoMiles point when flying with Malindo? I've flown twice with them under both Business Promo and Business Flexi. If im not mistaken MM points can only be collected for tickets purchased on Economy flexi and above.

According to the CAPA article on OD and Lion Group recently, BNE is expected to be on an A330, if I am not wrong. They also plan to start SYD or MEL at some point in the next year.

Nope, the article never mentioned KUL-BNE being on an A330, only MEL and SYD. The BNE flight will most definitely be routed viaDPS.

The BNE-Malaysia market is quite weak compared to MEL, SYD and PER so its tougher to crack, wasn't MH loosing money on the route? I doesn't look like MH is too keen to comeback and D7 is happy at OOL, atleast SE Queensland has direct flights to KUL.

Nope, the article never mentioned KUL-BNE being on an A330, only MEL and SYD. The BNE flight will most definitely be routed viaDPS.

The BNE-Malaysia market is quite weak compared to MEL, SYD and PER so its tougher to crack, wasn't MH loosing money on the route? I doesn't look like MH is too keen to comeback and D7 is happy at OOL, atleast SE Queensland has direct flights to KUL.

If that's correct and you'd have to assume Malindo has done the market research maybe it's a way for Batik to tap into the luractive Aust-DPS holidaymaker traffic and provide further exposure of the Lion/Batik group in Australia and its long been rumoured they want to set up a domestic low cost operation there. Also of note Batik Air Indonesia despite being granted CASA approval still hasn't commenced tickets for their DPS-PER-DPS services which are rumoured to be operated by 737-900ER's.

In the immediate future OD really needs to get their act together and improve their reliabity and OTP. I heading back to Perth tomorrow after 5 weeks in Penang and SE Asia with all my 19 sectors being on Malindo, with the exception of one KL-DMK sector where I had to book a last minute FD flight due to a missed OD connecting flight!!

* Delayed flights in general including then subsequent missed connections - which OD is renown for.

* Retimed flights

* Last minute aircraft downgrades after checkin - had an argument with gate staff last week who tried to tell me there was a 32F on a B738.

* Gate staff feeding pax misinformation telling pax 'engineering issues are delaying flights when after overhearing them say to each other it's crewing issues'

* Inconsistent hard product which differs betweens aircraft e.g. -LNC and D.

* FA's are either outstanding or the complete opposite - robotic and appear unenthused

* Dirty and filthy aircraft both inside and outside - next time you take an OD flight look at the overhead PSU's and the windows.

Despite flying on one of their inaugural flights from KCH-KL back in 2013 they still seem to be an airline plagued by infantile issues which need to be addressed so they can truly become a slick highly regarded operation.