MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mr.Bandit

Malindo New Routes & Destinations

Probably they need to put back the signboard on their SBW office. Glad to see them making a comeback to SBW.

Oh and don't forget; they recently received 2 Batik Air B738s as well. One of them is 9M-LCC, where the tail is still in Batik Air color with Malindo Air title on the fuselage.

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

Malindo Air Reinstates Daily Services On KLIA - Kota Bharu And Miri Routes

KUALA LUMPUR, May 25 (Bernama) -- Malindo Air has reinstated services, between the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA)- Kota Bharu and Miri routes.

Bookings are now open for the twice daily flights to Kota Bharu and once a day flight to Miri which will commence simultaneously on July 1, the airline said in a statement here.

Promotional fares for the Kuala Lumpur-Kota Bharu sector starts from RM69 for economy class and RM409 for business, one-way and all inclusive.

For the Kuala Lumpur-Miri flight, it is RM79 for economy and RM669 for business class, one-way all inclusive.

The promotional fares include perks such as free baggage allowance, in-flight entertainment and light refreshments.

For bookings and enquiries, visit www.malindoair.com, or write in to Customer Care Centre at customer_care@malindoair.com or call +603-7841 5388 from 7am to 11pm daily.

Rumour has it BNE might be online soon

Edited by Raj

BNE via PER would make no sense in terms of aircraft rotation. Expect BNE non-stop. The -900ER would have better paylod numbers, but the -800 could make it to.

Currently SilkAir does operate CNS-SIN and SIN-CNS using 737-800s. But not everyday flight - the flight is occasionally SIN-DRW-CNS or CNS-DRW-SIN

BNE via PER would make no sense in terms of aircraft rotation. Expect BNE non-stop. The -900ER would have better paylod numbers, but the -800 could make it to.

Currently SilkAir does operate CNS-SIN and SIN-CNS using 737-800s. But not everyday flight - the flight is occasionally SIN-DRW-CNS or CNS-DRW-SIN

Mh flew to cns years ago. Cns is a small city, couldn't fill a330.

I see...DPS...interesting. No problem getting 5th freedom of right?

I must say it's kinda a smart strategy in a way...getting into Australia via Indonesia on a Malaysian registered plane...

Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

I must say it's kinda a smart strategy in a way...getting into Australia via Indonesia on a Malaysian registered plane...

When Malindo was first mooted, my initial reaction was that Lion was trying to get around the EU blacklist by using it to mount flights to countries where it will be banned. It is coming true, day by day.

Malindo Air between August and October 2016 plans to launch additional new international routes, as the airline filed operational schedule for 4 new routes from Kuala Lumpur, soon to be available for booking on its website. Tentatively planned schedule as follow

eff 15AUG16 Kuala Lumpur Medan Kuala Namu

OD322 KUL2015 2015KNO 738 D

OD323 KNO0710 0910KUL 738 D (eff 16AUG16)

eff 01SEP16 Kuala Lumpur Hanoi

OD571 KUL0915 1125HAN 738 D

OD572 HAN1215 1635KUL 738 D

eff 10SEP16 Kuala Lumpur Taipei Taoyuan

OD632 KUL0700 1135TPE 739 D

OD633 TPE1240 1725KUL 739 D

eff 30OCT16 Kuala Lumpur Chiang Mai

OD530 KUL1035 1220CNX 738 D

OD531 CNX1340 1725KUL 738 D

Planned launch dates remain subject to change. Additionally, the airline also plans following service increase.

eff 01SEP16 Kuala Lumpur Bandung NEW 2nd daily flight, currently available for reservation.

OD312 KUL0800 0910BDO 738 D

OD302 KUL1210 1320BDO 738 D

OD313 BDO1000 1310KUL 738 D

OD301 BDO1405 1710KUL 738 D

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/267935/malindo-air-outlines-new-international-routes-aug-oct-2016/

Thought I read somewhere about plans to ply BKI - TPE.

Od charter seems to be doing well, months ago they position some of the crew to BKI for TPE charter. Now Japan seems to be next. Flight number to be OD8002 and OD8003

13707716_847817655350148_704345490479980

Edited by jahur

Hmm.

Here's a question - can the current OD planes fly to KIX? I know they are going to TPE soon, but does it have enough legpower to fly to KIX from KUL, or you still need to get airborne from BKI?

im just curious why havent they fly to Phuket as well-both AK and MH always have good loads on this route and Phuket is the second busiest airport in thailand after bangkok

I suspect they can't get good slots as it is a slot constrained airport.

Airasia has also said that their newly ordered A321neos will be used to fly into HKT due to this problem.

Wait...what? ATR ops based in KCH and BKI?

There were plans but i think OD is cautious on this because apart from MYY and SBW the secondary routes in borneo are always loss making no matter what is done. You can just see by examining the average passenger load. POB 12, 5, 21 on an ATR to the smaller airports.

On another note perception also plays a part majority of them would rather take AK not sure but to them it feels more sturdy and stable and most of the time cheaper. I took ATR on MASWings before and it was more susceptible to slight turbulence as apposed to the old Fokker 50(Pilots can attest to that) and i had not rode on ATR since. So OD has to work hard if an ATR is to be based in KCH or BKI.

Edited by jahur

OD flies daily to Medan Kuala Namu daily from KL

KUL 2015 KNO 2015

KNO 0710 KUL 0910

This timing enable pax from Medan to connect to TK63, etc.