MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mr.Bandit

Malindo New Routes & Destinations

If you think FY's fares on SZB-SIN are pricey...look at what the fares were when it had a monopoly on SZB-KTE. It could practically charge what it wanted...until OD came along on this route and kicked some senses into FY.

Oh man! Robert, same situation here too. Prefer OD over any other airline. No wonder, I received an sms yesterday informing me my flight on 2nd August has been retimed to departure later than usual.

19.30 just nice for reaching my home (in Sunway) by 20.30. With the new timing,I may reach home close to midnight. :(

How well did OD performed on KUL-SIN / SIN-KUL thus far? I mean seems some videos on youtube suggested that the load factors are not that impressive...maybe regular commuters can comment on this as this sector is the most competitive one between the two end points...

So Ipoh-Singapore will have FY, OD and TR. interesting.

FY's monopoly broken in just matter of months...see if OD and TR can make a sustainable operation in the long run...

How well did OD performed on KUL-SIN / SIN-KUL thus far? I mean seems some videos on youtube suggested that the load factors are not that impressive...maybe regular commuters can comment on this as this sector is the most competitive one between the two end points...

FY's monopoly broken in just matter of months...see if OD and TR can make a sustainable operation in the long run...

I would say the weekend from KUL-SIN vv. are pretty packed especially the first flight in and out.

However, in some of the flight I did there were less than 70 pax and it was on B739ER.

Seems like they shuffle their B738 around their schedule quite a lot when it was initially meant for SIN flight only. Correct me if I am wrong.

I am not sure if there is sufficient demand for so many airlines.

1. Airasia
  2. Jetstar
  3. Malaysia Airlines
  4. Malindo Air
  5. Singapore Airlines
  6. Silkair
  7. Tigerair

So which of these will cut some of their frequencies?

1. Airasia
  2. Jetstar
  3. Malaysia Airlines
  4. Malindo Air
  5. Singapore Airlines
  6. Silkair
  7. Tigerair

I think there is such big demand. It all depends on the days and weeks.

Most of SQ, MH, MI and AK flight I took a full to capacity. I reckon SQ, MI and MH have a lot of transfer pax to and from North East and Australia/NZ.

AK case is special as all Malaysians 'conclude' AK is always the cheapest, in fact they are not.

TR, 3K, and OD can be hit and miss. Sometimes all sold out, sometime you can buy lowest flight at counter and fly immediately.

Edited by JuliusWong

Most of the times when I travel AK is the cheapest. Around RM150 return or at most RM200. And I love their 6am from KUL and 11.30pm from SIN. I used to prefer 3K only because of their departure from satellite.

I think there is such big demand. It all depends on the days and weeks.

Most of SQ, MH, MI and AK flight I took a full to capacity. I reckon SQ, MI and MH have a lot of transfer pax to and from North East and Australia/NZ.

AK case is special as all Malaysians 'conclude' AK is always the cheapest, in fact they are not.

TR, 3K, and OD can be hit and miss. Sometimes all sold out, sometime you can buy lowest flight at counter and fly immediately.

Can't just look at one or two days of the week - the operation must be sustainable on average and make a contribution to profits of the companies as a whole for the financial year. And as we all know, full plane does not equate to high yields or profits!

Most of the times when I travel AK is the cheapest. Around RM150 return or at most RM200. And I love their 6am from KUL and 11.30pm from SIN. I used to prefer 3K only because of their departure from satellite.

Lucky you. I can never seem to get anything below RM250 from them. At one point it was only RM6 less than MH.

TR's for me - RM150 or sometimes less.

1. Airasia
  2. Jetstar
  3. Malaysia Airlines
  4. Malindo Air
  5. Singapore Airlines
  6. Silkair
  7. Tigerair

I think the two LCC from SIN had slightly reduced the frequencies as opposed to the earlier days...

And SQ is running on widebodies, while majority of those listings still keeping a rather high frequencies...that's a lot of seats everyday....(and FY too offering 6 to 7 flights daily from SZB)

As a weekly traveler on the route I believe that Malindo is cheapest especially when you consider that the fares are all in e.g. no baggage or booking fees. If I book in well advance I can usually find the friday evening flight ex SIN at SGD 54 and even a week or 2 before its only SG 84. Return ex KUL for RM80-111 on a promo fare. Air Asia and Jetstar dont usually have anything competitive and Tiger is hit and miss. As for loads Im told by the crew that that they are improving with a lot of transfer traffic to/from India however outside of peak times the flights don't seem that full.

Took MI last weekend after a long while and their fares are much less competitive than a while back with many off the peak hour flights blocked from the cheaper seats. The have also adjusted the ticket price ex KL so its no longer cheaper ex KUL compared to ex SIN.

Ex SIN I often find good deals on MH via expedia.com.sg often using a codeshare SQ flight ex SIN.

As a weekly traveler on the route I believe that Malindo is cheapest especially when you consider that the fares are all in e.g. no baggage or booking fees. If I book in well advance I can usually find the friday evening flight ex SIN at SGD 54 and even a week or 2 before its only SG 84. Return ex KUL for RM80-111 on a promo fare. Air Asia and Jetstar dont usually have anything competitive and Tiger is hit and miss. As for loads Im told by the crew that that they are improving with a lot of transfer traffic to/from India however outside of peak times the flights don't seem that full.

I'd agree Malindo IS the cheapest, but let me qualify that statement: I think it is over a consistently longer period of time, and especially close in.

What I mean is that OD prices remain relatively flat across time, even up to the day of travel - especially in X class promo.

AK on specials far out MAY be NOMINALLY cheaper before the luggage fees and all that - and I suspect would be used as as an argument by some, but those are data outliers rather than median numbers.

Close in last minute - Malindo is unbeatable.

Received an email from Malindo yesterday, and they are launching PEN-TRZ effective 26th September 2015.

OD225 departs PEN every Tuesday and Saturday at 2030 and arrives TRZ at 2140.

Return flight OD226 departs TRZ every Tuesday and Saturday at 2230 and arrives PEN at 0445 on the following day...

Been reported in airlineroute.net, and PEN-SIN route to be commenced on October.

Malindo Air from late-September 2015 will begin new international route from Penang, as the airline plans 2 weekly Penang Tiruchirapally operation. First flight is scheduled on 26SEP15, with Boeing 737-800 aircraft.

OD225 KUL1840 1940PEN2030 2140TRZ 739 26

OD226 TRZ2230 0445+1PEN0700+1 0800+1KUL 739 26

From 25OCT15, the airline intends to launch Penang Singapore service once a day, using 737-800 aircraft.

OD823 PEN1110 1230SIN 738 D

OD822 SIN1335 1455PEN 738 D

http://airlineroute.net/2015/08/24/od-pen-sep15/

PEN-TRZ puzzles me. I would thought PEN-MAA would be a better option, IMHO. I could still remember back in the 70s and perhaps early 80s MH used to service the PEN-MAA sector and Penang airport was packed during the arrival or departure for the sector.

What the target passenger for this flight

Looks like new destination for Malindo Air already appears on booking engine is to be in India; Sri Guru Ram Dass Jee Int. Airport, AMRITSAR. The frequency is thrice per weekly on Fri, Sun, Wed. First flight to be schedule on 25 October 2015.

OD271 KUL-ATQ 09:15 - 12:25 737

OD272 ATQ-KUL 13:15 - 21:35 737

Malindo To Fly To Perth In November

SEPANG, Sept 8 (Bernama) -- Malaysia's first hybrid airline, Malindo Air is set to introduce flight services to Perth, Australia in November this year, widening its reach to eight countries.

Malindo Air chief executive officer Chandran Rama Muthy said the airline is currently awaiting the approval from the local authorities and expected to get the nod by early October.

"The additional new routes for Malindo mark the growth of the airline simultaneously with the growth of its fleet this year," he told reporters after the launch of its first lounge at klia2 here today by Deputy Transport Minister Datuk Abdul Aziz Kaprawi.

Malindo took to the skies in March 2013 with domestic flights and has since grown to operate routes to all major airports in Malaysia and across regional destinations in Indonesia, Thailand, India, Bangladesh, Nepal and Singapore.

Chandran said Malindo would take delivery of an additional four new generation Boeing 737 aircraft by the end of this year.

The airline had grown by leaps and bounds to a fleet of 23 aircraft, comprising 11 ATR72-600 and 12 Boeing 737NG as of August this year, he said.

He said the additional routes would increase the incoming tourists through the airline from the one million tourists recorded last year, out of its total load factor of 2.5 million passengers.

On the Malindo Air Executive Lounge, Chandran said it would be opened from 6am to 10pm daily to cater to the airline's flying guests.

The airline's Business Class passengers, Malindo Miles Platinum cardholders and Malindo Corporate Gold member will receive complimentary access to the lounge.

The entrance fee for economy class passengers is RM65 for adults and RM30 for children for a three-hour access.

Great news for KUL and PER !! I hear the flight will also operate PER-DPS-PER before returning to KUL.

KUL - DPS - PER - DPS - KUL? Would people wan to fly that? Given that the parent company JT could do the DPS - KUL while D7 and MH are both doing KUL - PER and KUL DPS non stop?