MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Eddy Liew

Malindo to be Rebranded as Batik Air Malaysia; Moved to MTB; to Partner ex MAS Codeshare Airlines

I flew this morning KUL-HKG on OD605. The check in counters are in E (opposite the MH Plat/Emerald) counters. The rest after that is straightforward and the same as it always has been for other airlines. Honestly the learning curve for this move is close to flat.

I flew this morning KUL-HKG on OD605. The check in counters are in E (opposite the MH Plat/Emerald) counters. The rest after that is straightforward and the same as it always has been for other airlines. Honestly the learning curve for this move is close to flat.

Seems a little strange being right next opposite the MH premium counters

Is free meal served? Or still b.o.b? In Y I mean...

Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

tried Malindo for the first time last week from KUL to BKK on OD524 and OD523.

1. nice and clean cabin interior

2. full meal not served as flight time is only 2hrs. hotdog, muffin and limited selection of drinks is served

3. IFE selection limited but since it's just a 2hrs flight, unable to finish 1 complete movie therefore just played the games.

4. small pillow on every seats good for hugging or cushioning the head while sleeping

5. USB port for phone charging

6. earphone provided on certain flights

on top of all the points above, the main reasons that made the flight perfect were a 32inch pitch econ seat and ON-TIME DEPARTURE.

Hotdogs? Not very "full fare carrier" is that? Hahaha...

Fellow MWinger flew to DPS and was served proper meal, are the 2 sectors, DPS and DMK not about the same flight time?

Not very consistent...let's wait and see how things will turn out.

Thanks for the updates Roy!

Hotdogs? Not very "full fare carrier" is that? Hahaha...

Fellow MWinger flew to DPS and was served proper meal, are the 2 sectors, DPS and DMK not about the same flight time?

Not very consistent...let's wait and see how things will turn out.

Thanks for the updates Roy!

KUL to DMK 2hrs

KUL to DPS 3hrs

I believe that's the difference...

but since it's a 2hrs flight im ok with hotdogs... not very hungry though

32inch + flight departs on-time matters the most :drinks:

Apologies for being OT here - rather than starting a new thread altogether

Anyone can advise which seat row(s) to avoid on Malindo's 739s ?

I was once stuck in a windowless zone but cannot remember whereabout it was :)

Thanks in advance !

Apologies for being OT here - rather than starting a new thread altogether

Anyone can advise which seat row(s) to avoid on Malindo's 739s ?

I was once stuck in a windowless zone but cannot remember whereabout it was :)

Thanks in advance !

i think it is seat number 10A. 10F in the other hand is windowed seat.

Thank you everyone for feedback

(more helpful than airline's 'customer service' line - chap suggested all C and D seats, rows 4-33 :D)

Best is row 17 overwing emergency exit rows but seats can be reclined. But the outer arm rests of A and F seats tend to be almost non-existent.

2 Batik air 738 aircraft now change reg to 9m and become malindo aircraft with batik tail 9m-lcc

Wow, are they going to change livery for all current OD aircrafts ?

There is another row...the one with the deactivated emergency exit...

Yet the check in staff claim its a standard emergency exit row

This is the second time this has occurred. It is known that somehow Malindo prefers to divert to an airport it has scheduled flights to.

The situation yesterday was Malindo MXD1004 9M-LNG made 2 attempts to land at BKI but aborted. At the first attempt the plane in front, AXM6354 landed. At the 2nd attempt, landing was aborted due to unstabilized descend around 500ft. After the pilots commenced go around they decided to divert to KCH (due to low fuel). BKI ATC (director) did advise Miri is available (Labuan should be full) and the pilots requested for weather at both MYY and KCH. After that they decided to go to Kuching at FL320. I guess it's company's policy to divert to somewhere Malindo has ground staffs? Anyway another flight, AXM5346 from KBR did report landing was at absolute minimum during their attempt. I heard 300ft.

You can see playback at:

https://www.flightradar24.com/2016-06-04/07:28/12x/AXM6354/9eae504