Jump to content
MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Eddy Liew

Malindo to be Rebranded as Batik Air Malaysia; Moved to MTB; to Partner ex MAS Codeshare Airlines

Recommended Posts

Batik Air Malaysia to resume flights between Kuala Lumpur and Chennai

Batik Air Malaysia will resume its flights between Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Chennai, India. The route will be operated daily, starting August 24, 2023.

  1. OD9112 Kuala Lumpur 21:00 - Chennai 22:25
  2. OD9113 Chennai 23:15 - Kuala Lumpur  05:40

Seems to be tagged on Batik Air Indonesia flight. 

Batik Air Resumes Chennai From August 2023 - NS23
Published at 1200GMT 12JUN23

Indonesian carrier Batik Air from August 2023 plans resume service to Chennai in India, including a new nonstop service from Indonesia. 
 
Jakarta – Kuala Lumpur – Chennai eff 24AUG23 1 daily 737-800, service resumption
ID6018 CGK1710 – 2015KUL2100 – 2225MAA 738 D
ID6019 MAA2315 – 0540+1KUL0640+1 – 0745+1CGK 738 D

Medan Kualanamu – Chennai eff 11AUG23 1 daily 737-800 (New nonstop flight)
ID6020 KNO1955 – 2145MAA 738 D
ID6021 MAA2310 – 0400+1KNO 738 D

https://www.aeroroutes.com/eng/230612-idaug23maa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Batik Air Malaysia Adds Istanbul / Tashkent From Sep 2023

Batik Air Malaysia from September 2023 plans to launch 2 new routes, as the airline expands its network to Central Asia. The airline’s A330-300 aircraft is scheduled to operate service to Istanbul and Tashkent, with following schedules.

Kuala Lumpur – Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen 02SEP23 – 30SEP23 2 weekly A330-300 (Schedule on/after 01OCT23 is pending)
OD8400 KUL1600 – 2155SAW 333 26
OD8401 SAW2325 – 1500+1KUL 333 26

Kuala Lumpur – Tashkent eff 01SEP23 2 weekly A330-300
OD8133 KUL1600 – 2025TAS 333 15
OD8134 TAS2325 – 0945+1KUL 333 15

Read more here: https://www.aeroroutes.com/eng/230703-odsep23

Edited by Adam Lawrence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Adam Lawrence said:

Batik Air Malaysia Adds Istanbul / Tashkent From Sep 2023

Batik Air Malaysia from September 2023 plans to launch 2 new routes, as the airline expands its network to Central Asia. The airline’s A330-300 aircraft is scheduled to operate service to Istanbul and Tashkent, with following schedules.

Kuala Lumpur – Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen 02SEP23 – 30SEP23 2 weekly A330-300 (Schedule on/after 01OCT23 is pending)
OD8400 KUL1600 – 2155SAW 333 26
OD8401 SAW2325 – 1500+1KUL 333 26

Kuala Lumpur – Tashkent eff 01SEP23 2 weekly A330-300
OD8133 KUL1600 – 2025TAS 333 15
OD8134 TAS2325 – 0945+1KUL 333 15

Read more here: https://www.aeroroutes.com/eng/230703-odsep23

If like this Batik Air should extend their flights from Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen to Paris Orly & Frankfurt where MAS, Air France & Lufthansa doesn't fly anymore from KLIA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Cheng Kit said:

If like this Batik Air should extend their flights from Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen to Paris Orly & Frankfurt where MAS, Air France & Lufthansa doesn't fly anymore from KLIA.

Starting a route is not as easy as that. A lot of matters are taken into account like traffic rights, landing slots, passenger acquisition cost and so on. Operating into Europe is very expensive hence why its not generating much interest among airlines to do non-stop flights or direct 1 stop services. On top of that those ME3 airlines are offering cut-throat fares with good products. IST/SAW-Europe by itself is heavily operated by so many EU and local airlines out of Turkey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Cheng Kit said:

If like this Batik Air should extend their flights from Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen to Paris Orly & Frankfurt where MAS, Air France & Lufthansa doesn't fly anymore from KLIA.

This will make crew happy 😂. It's a week trip then. Tuesday to Istanbul, Saturday turnaround in Europe and Tuesday return back to KL. But even with the schedule as it is, I can't imagine crew cost will be cheap for these 2 destinations unless they are deadheading both ways. And 2 weekly FRA-SAW (probably more demand of the two) isn't exactly going to attract much passengers anyway. I think KUL-FRA/PAR has slightly more premium traffic than what OD can offer.

And unless they are pricing this in USD/€, good luck with TRY. It's falling 5-10% every few weeks. 

Edited by Craig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Batik Air Malaysia Adds A330 Jeddah Service From August 2023

Batik Air Malaysia from mid-August 2023 plans to add scheduled service on Kuala Lumpur – Jeddah route, operated by its recently inducted Airbus A330-300 aircraft. The 377-seater aircraft will begin serving this route from 19AUG23, operating 5 times weekly.

OD705 KUL1830 – 2220JED 330 x15
OD706 JED2350 – 1355+1KUL 330 x15

https://www.aeroroutes.com/eng/230626-odaug23jed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aircraft no.2 still not sure whats the registration but i think it may be 9M-LFD. Note thats the official logo they're using now.
OD a330 latest render.

363296777_3011895485611500_4004905912153789083_n.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yet another Malaysian airline with ICS - Identity Confusion Syndrome 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally don't like the 'Batik' font. Like it is straight out of MS Word - there is a font type called 'Brush Script' almost identical with this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Od current paint scheme all flying lol.

738 Lnv, lnp still using original 2013 circa malindo air livery

737 max with nice batik tail logo

737 max albino with just a painted B logo

737 max pure albino with orange winglet last remnants of the lion air logo stripped off.

A330 albino with just a painted B logo

2nd A330 basic tail livery Batik font on fuselage is different from LFC.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jahur said:

Od current paint scheme all flying lol.

738 Lnv, lnp still using original 2013 circa malindo air livery

737 max with nice batik tail logo

737 max albino with just a painted B logo

737 max pure albino with orange winglet last remnants of the lion air logo stripped off.

A330 albino with just a painted B logo

2nd A330 basic tail livery Batik font on fuselage is different from LFC.

 

 

And to think British Airways all those years ago gave up on their world liveries project because people were getting confused by the 'variety' ..... 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BC Tam said:

And to think British Airways all those years ago gave up on their world liveries project because people were getting confused by the 'variety' ..... 😄

It was a stupid for BA to abandon its World Tails livery, (and to hell with Margaret Thatcher!!). I am sure BA World Tails will be very much appreciated in today's world of Eurowhite. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, jahur said:

Od current paint scheme all flying lol.

738 Lnv, lnp still using original 2013 circa malindo air livery

737 max with nice batik tail logo

737 max albino with just a painted B logo

737 max pure albino with orange winglet last remnants of the lion air logo stripped off.

A330 albino with just a painted B logo

2nd A330 basic tail livery Batik font on fuselage is different from LFC.

And their ATR 72 still has "Malindo" plastered all over, their IG account is still "Malindo" although posting as "Batik Air". Saw several posts pax got confused the Indonesia one with the Malaysia one, the FB admin needed to direct them to the correct FB page. Let's not forget the Indonesia one is a premium carrier, but Malaysia subsidiary is a hybrid value carrier, with some 737 in all-Y and some with mix of J and Y classes.

What a branding disaster. Same as MH. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Curious to know with the 737-8 fleet is it just 9M-LRG/H and J which have the 12J/150Y cabins or have any other MAXs been reconfigured yet? 
 

Also not too be forgotten their new KUL-PER-AKL-PER-AKL service begins on the 23/8, that’s a mighty long flight for a MAX, when you consider the WAMOS A330’s which operate the same route currently for Air NZ have of flight time of around 7hr15mins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Tom/PER said:

Curious to know with the 737-8 fleet is it just 9M-LRG/H and J which have the 12J/150Y cabins or have any other MAXs been reconfigured yet? 
Also not too be forgotten their new KUL-PER-AKL-PER-AKL service begins on the 23/8, that’s a mighty long flight for a MAX, when you consider the WAMOS A330’s which operate the same route currently for Air NZ have of flight time of around 7hr15mins.

Yes, only 9M-LRG/H and J are in mixed configuration, the rest of 737MAX will remain in all-Y. They will keep this configuration for some time based on what I have read on the CEO's facebook page. Those ex-GA B737-800NG will also be in its original (GA) configuration for some time. Ex-D7 A330-330 as well, they cannot afford to have any airframe in downtime for reconfiguration to meet its operation demand.

Not sure how well are they doing, their KUL-TPE is almost always empty, but TPE to Japan destinations are full.

Btw, saw the Wamos Air A330 at AKL last month when I visited New Zealand. God smack, the boarding area was filled to the brim. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Batik Air Malaysia Tentatively Schedules Manila Dec 2023 Launch

Batik Air Malaysia in Northern winter 2023/24 season intends to add service to the Philippines, as the airline tentatively schedules Kuala Lumpur – Manila launch on 01DEC23. Boeing 737-800 aircraft to operate this route on daily basis.

At time this post goes to press, the airline is only listing one-way schedule from Kuala Lumpur.

OD510 KUL2310 – 0250+1MNL 738 D

https://www.aeroroutes.com/eng/230913-odnw23mnl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2023 at 12:38 PM, JuliusWong said:

Not sure how well are they doing, their KUL-TPE is almost always empty, but TPE to Japan destinations are full.

I don't think people fancy flying so many hours in a LCC type aircraft paying FSC fares. If Batik Air Malaysia intends to do more medium haul routes with their narrow bodies, they should reconfigure their cabins for that purpose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

11 hours ago, flee said:

I don't think people fancy flying so many hours in a LCC type aircraft paying FSC fares. If Batik Air Malaysia intends to do more medium haul routes with their narrow bodies, they should reconfigure their cabins for that purpose.

 

On 8/7/2023 at 12:38 PM, JuliusWong said:

Yes, only 9M-LRG/H and J are in mixed configuration, the rest of 737MAX will remain in all-Y. They will keep this configuration for some time based on what I have read on the CEO's facebook page. Those ex-GA B737-800NG will also be in its original (GA) configuration for some time. Ex-D7 A330-330 as well, they cannot afford to have any airframe in downtime for reconfiguration to meet its operation demand.

Not sure how well are they doing, their KUL-TPE is almost always empty, but TPE to Japan destinations are full.

Btw, saw the Wamos Air A330 at AKL last month when I visited New Zealand. God smack, the boarding area was filled to the brim. 

https://www.caa.gov.tw/StatisticsYearMonthFile.aspx?a=1091&lang=1

 

But the load factor for AUG 2023 between KUL-TPE is 60% which is better than MH...

384749479_3244624529169822_5670144000891

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, prosibu1 said:

https://www.caa.gov.tw/StatisticsYearMonthFile.aspx?a=1091&lang=1

But the load factor for AUG 2023 between KUL-TPE is 60% which is better than MH...

384749479_3244624529169822_5670144000891

If you factor in the total monthly flight, the total number of seats and total monthly passengers, both are equally average at best. Note that OD flight is double of MH.

MH: 50 flight, 11,442 seats available, 6257 total pax carried= 54.7%

OD: 104 flight, 19,044 seats available, 11384 total pax carried= 59.8%

Taipei O&D and VFR markets are huge. MH should have done a better job in sales and promoting the destination, and also deploying better A330-300 instead of the crappy A330-200, rather than leaving it to AirAsia X having upper hand. Heck, AirAsia X even deploy its all-Y 367 seats A330-300 passengers also won't complain. Those Malaysians Chinese auntie and uncle are so used to using AirAsia X they won't be bothered to look at OD or MH offer now. KUL-TPE route is pretty competitive JX, BR, CI, MH, OD and D7. MH is squandering its home advantage for premium carrier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JuliusWong said:

If you factor in the total monthly flight, the total number of seats and total monthly passengers, both are equally average at best. Note that OD flight is double of MH.

MH: 50 flight, 11,442 seats available, 6257 total pax carried= 54.7%

OD: 104 flight, 19,044 seats available, 11384 total pax carried= 59.8%

Taipei O&D and VFR markets are huge. MH should have done a better job in sales and promoting the destination, and also deploying better A330-300 instead of the crappy A330-200, rather than leaving it to AirAsia X having upper hand. Heck, AirAsia X even deploy its all-Y 367 seats A330-300 passengers also won't complain. Those Malaysians Chinese auntie and uncle are so used to using AirAsia X they won't be bothered to look at OD or MH offer now. KUL-TPE route is pretty competitive JX, BR, CI, MH, OD and D7. MH is squandering its home advantage for premium carrier. 

I believe MH is taking advantage of high cargo loads out of TPE, hence even at 54% load factor the route is still profitable to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pall said:

I believe MH is taking advantage of high cargo loads out of TPE, hence even at 54% load factor the route is still profitable to them.

But it's a 738 on certain days though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Batik Air Malaysia Sep – Nov 2023 Tokyo Service Reductions

Batik Air Malaysia since early-September 2023 reduced service on Kuala Lumpur – Tokyo Narita route, which saw overall service reduced from 7 to 3 weekly since 01SEP23. This will be revised to 5 weekly from 31OCT23, 4 from 12NOV23.

Schedule below is effective 31OCT23 – 12NOV23.

OD870 KUL1245 – 2050NRT 7M8 6
OD872 KUL2330 – 0735+1NRT 7M8 x135

OD873 NRT0835 – 1520KUL 7M8 x246
OD871 NRT2200 – 0445+1KUL 7M8 6

The airline plans to offer 7 weekly flights from 30NOV23.

 

https://www.aeroroutes.com/eng/230929-odsep23nrt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Chris Tan said:

But it's a 738 on certain days though.

With snackboxes ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...