MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Eddy Liew

Malindo to be Rebranded as Batik Air Malaysia; Moved to MTB; to Partner ex MAS Codeshare Airlines

I think the livery at the rear of the plane is full of clarity as to the origin of the airline. However, little can be said for the wordings which looks like an after-thought.

Wondered if the cabin crews' attire will have some batik infusion as well?

My guess the cabin crews' attire will be retained; as Batik Air and Malindo wears the same design.

KUALA LUMPUR: Malindo Air, a premium Malaysian-based carrier is organising a sarong kebaya uniform design competition, with the intention of attracting Malaysians diverse talent in fabric, graphic art and fashion design.

The competition is open to all talented Malaysian designers and its closing date is on 25 July 2016. Designs are for Malindo Airs full set of female stewardess uniforms and male steward uniforms. Malindo Air is looking at a concept which reflects on Malaysian ethnic batik design.

CEO of Malindo Air Mr Chandran Rama Muthy said, This competition is held to display new and original designs that reflect the Malaysian spirit and values and at the same time recognize the uniqueness of the batik motif that could best represent our airline and nation simultaneously.

He added, We are giving away attractive cash prizes to the winners. Winners will be chosen by an independent panel of judges appointed by Malindo Air. The winning designs will be chosen as the official uniform designs of Malindo Airs new and enhanced image of our leading senior cabin crew.

For details of the competition, please visit www.malindoair.com.

It is interesting (and good) to see Malindo now has became a strong brand in Malaysia. Some even suggest to keep its existing name instead of rename as Batik Air Malaysia.

Remember back in when this airline was born, many were pessimistic about the future of the airline and found the name was 'funny' too. I must admit I was one of them :)

Wonder what will they do to their props fleet? Will they be Batik too or Wings Malaysia?

Of course it will be Batik too since Wings Air is a low cost carrier. Both of Malindo/Batik Air Malaysia's jet and turboprop operations are full-service.

However if they use the name Wings Malaysia it would be cool compared to BAM or even Malindo.

Lucky they dont have hundreds of planes yet to repaint. On top of that, will they change the websites name or they'll just redirect malindo air to batikair.com

But the rebranding cost money, and I believe they have a lot of that. With partnership with Turkish Airline, can't wait for them to expand even more.

This is like the worst livery/paint job that has come out out of Renton

Looks more suited for a second-rate express bus company based in Puduraya :p

The question is - will they have the MAS problem - multiple brands c/s on their planes?

Yeah, they look like MAS - they now have three different liveries...

KUALA LUMPUR: Malindo Air, a premium Malaysian-based carrier is organising a sarong kebaya uniform design competition, with the intention of attracting Malaysians diverse talent in fabric, graphic art and fashion design.

The competition is open to all talented Malaysian designers and its closing date is on 25 July 2016. Designs are for Malindo Airs full set of female stewardess uniforms and male steward uniforms. Malindo Air is looking at a concept which reflects on Malaysian ethnic batik design.

CEO of Malindo Air Mr Chandran Rama Muthy said, This competition is held to display new and original designs that reflect the Malaysian spirit and values and at the same time recognize the uniqueness of the batik motif that could best represent our airline and nation simultaneously.

He added, We are giving away attractive cash prizes to the winners. Winners will be chosen by an independent panel of judges appointed by Malindo Air. The winning designs will be chosen as the official uniform designs of Malindo Airs new and enhanced image of our leading senior cabin crew.

For details of the competition, please visit www.malindoair.com.

Haha, just like what i suggested could have been done by cash-strapped MAB, see who's using this idea as well as cost effective measure getting a new uniform...people just need to think outside the box

I didn't want Malindo Air to adopt the Batik branding simply because it is hideous! Who designed the Logo? It is unprofessional and is already outdated, with that type of font it would NEVER become a globally recognised airline! EVER !

I love the tail, that is fine but the titles need to go, who ever approved this is... I have no words for them...

one point to note is that they will be hiring male FA soon as well as the competition to design the new uniform also specified uniform for steward

Information from insider : bapak rusdi kirana (the owner) is not keen to hire flight stewards for now. Edited by affendi osman

The thing with Malindo, is that instead of going up against AirAsia, they are filling the gap left by MAS instead :D

Not complaining, just not sure what to make of it.

The thing with Malindo, is that instead of going up against AirAsia, they are filling the gap left by MAS instead :D

Not complaining, just not sure what to make of it.

I think they decided to be an FSC and not be a hybrid carrier.

They are also chasing business from ex-MH code share partners. So, their new routes should be similar to what MH used to fly for the code share partners.

They started out as hybrid gives them advantages to see which market tip first and morph into it. In that case MH tipped first hence Malindo/BAM attack the low hanging fruit then slowly and progressively reach the bright red fruit on top.

ATR ops also an advantage to them. SZB and Turboprop flexibility that AirAsia don't have. Can't wait for them to start the ATR ops based in BKI and KCH to go against MASwings to drag some of that MASwings fare down especially on the monopolized routes like BKI-LDU.

OD is another Malaysia Airlines in the making. Confused with branding....lol

It is