MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Eddy Liew

Malindo to be Rebranded as Batik Air Malaysia; Moved to MTB; to Partner ex MAS Codeshare Airlines

Malindo sounds better..

"Horses' dick" sounds better? Really? :p

Batik Air is cool, I was actually hoping it will get renamed to Batik Air, so my dream has come true!

Edited by S V Choong

"Horses' dick" sounds better? Really? :p

Batik Air is cool, I was actually hoping it will get renamed to Batik Air, so my dream has come true!

There is already a Batik Air in Indonesia, So I doubt it will be called Batik Air :acute: :) Batik Air Malaysia might be possible but I doubt many like the sound of that.

In contrary to its parent company, Batik Air is officially the most on-time airline in Indonesia, and you start hearing more good things about them.

Looking at their rate of fleet expansion and route planning, they've really been an airline to watch!

Rusdi Kirana has been quoted as saying that Full-Service-Carriers are the next big thing and that simply signals his ambition for Batik Air!

Not surprised if they suddenly apply for Batik Air Thailand! :clapping:

He needs somewhere to park his order book of aircraft... Anyway, doubt a Batik Thai would take off any time soon, especially given the recent downgrading of Thais DCA by ICAO...

Perhaps why Malindo is expanding aggressively in the first half of this year given DCA Malaysia audit by ICAO expected in second half...

There is already a Batik Air in Indonesia, So I doubt it will be called Batik Air :acute: :) Batik Air Malaysia might be possible but I doubt many like the sound of that.

Yup, I am aware of Batik Air in Indonesia, which is a subsidiary of Lion Air Group. So there is nothing wrong with Malindo, which is also a subsidiary of Lion Air Group, to use the Batik Air brand.

Malindo aircraft seating is quite spacious, very unlike an LCC. Would say their equipment is quite ready to be a full airline.

OD aircraft configuration are the same with its FSC sister airline, Batik Air...

It is indeed a strong brand - a risky move.

However, perhaps people have been associating "Malindo" with an LCC model, and now they realize that they have an opportunity to fill in the gap left by MAS, thus the need to rebrand to be more premium.

Perhaps, some intermediate step in branding can be done to transform the branding, e.g. use the Batik Air livery but the airline remains as Malindo Air. The current Malindo livery is, indeed, associated with LCCs (Lion Air).

there is a CAPA analysis titled: "Malaysia’s Malindo Air to pursue faster expansion following rebranding and fully embracing FSC model" that is published today.

Edited by Eddy Liew

Since OD moved to klia, how about their parent sister JT?

JT move to KLIA as well or maintain in klia2 as JT is a LCC?

I am travelling with Malindo in short, just received email from them saying that they have move to KLIA from KLIA2.

Those who will be travelling with Malindo too, please do reach KLIA 3 hours earlier to familiarize the new operation.

Have a safe trip :drinks: